In Movies

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Also in South Park, the Timmy 2000 episode (season 4 episode 4):

The band that Timmy (and the Lords of the Underworld) beat in the "battle of the bands" is called "Sisters Of Mercy Hold No Pain Against the Dark Lord"
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

Did we mention the Body & Soul poster in Mike Leigh's Naked?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

robertzombie wrote:I heard the mumbles are often seen wearing Sisters shirts :innocent:
That's a rumor........ :P
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
network 23
Road Kill

I can't believe no ones mentioned it yet, but there is an early Buffy episode in an underground "goth" ish/vampire club where they are listening to Floodland - can't remember which song. At the end of the episode on the original broadcast it says "this episode features music from the Sisters of Mercy" and shows the Floodland cover.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

network 23 wrote:I can't believe no ones mentioned it yet, but there is an early Buffy episode in an underground "goth" ish/vampire club where they are listening to Floodland - can't remember which song. At the end of the episode on the original broadcast it says "this episode features music from the Sisters of Mercy" and shows the Floodland cover.
Season 2 Episode 7 "Lie To Me" it was.

But the music was changed for the DVD release.

Everyone just gloss over the fact that I was sad enough to know that...
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Big Si
School Bully

I remember that the poster for the Albert Hall gig back in 1985 was in the background on Eastenders, many times :roll:

A BBC TV drama film in 1990 or 1991 about a youth with schizophrenia - he had a Floodland poster on his bedroom wall 8)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

9while9 wrote:Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)

Sisters Poster in his bedroom...Bueller

Bueller

Bueller

Bueller

:lol:
there's also one in the awful spin-off TV series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy2kAfHHids

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
robm
Amphetamine Filth

the awful spin-off TV series
I did not know about that.

I was happier that way. :lol:
Kurbythegreat
Amphetamine Filth

Nobody mentioned 1995's "Showgirls?
In the beginning when Elizabeth Berkley gets dropped off in Vegas. The truck she hitched a ride in was playing Vision Thing.... :innocent:
"We left you sleeping. Now we are sleeping with you. Don't wake up."