Anyone Know Where I Can Find?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

I need a music loop for a website. The client wants 50's music
to play in the backgrond. Ican't believe how it hard it is to find a 50's loop
on the net. AUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :twisted:

If anyone can help you win many Thank you's.... :D

Ok, as you were...
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I recommend you tell your client where to shove it.

Websites with automatically-loading looped music should not be made.
aims
Overbomber

That or give it a mute button - turned off in the prototype, but on by default in the final version.
9while9
Slight Overbomber

Dark wrote:I recommend you tell your client where to shove it.

Unfortunately Dark there are other people in the world with differing opinions. :roll:

In a perfect world people would pay me to design what I liked only, and if they argued with me I'd take my 17" python and dash'em across the forehead till they could see things my way. :twisted: :lol:

However, as you garner more life experience you will find to earn a living, and stay out of jail that a more conservative approach is necessary. 8)
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

Zuma
Slight Overbomber

quick BBC search found this - http://freespace.virgin.net/julian.barker/
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
aims
Overbomber

Suppose Ford was commissioned to build a fleet of cars with a feature that made life difficult for any driver who was sharing the road with them. Would they build it? No, they'd politely tell the customer that they were the ones who knew about car design, explain the difficulty and drop the feature.

The computer is the user's private space. No action which the user did not initiate should take control of a resource, period. When a user clicks a hyperlink, they are asking to load a page of hypertext. This shouldn't resize the window, open another window or do anything to your speakers.

I appreciate that they're not paying you to conform to basic HCI etiquette and I'm not suggesting that you refuse if it were to jeopardise the job, merely restating what should be, but sadly isn't, a common sense rule.
9while9
Slight Overbomber

Motz wrote:Suppose Ford was commissioned to build a fleet of cars with a feature that made life difficult for any driver who was sharing the road with them. Would they build it? No, they'd politely tell the customer that they were the ones who knew about car design, explain the difficulty and drop the feature.

The computer is the user's private space. No action which the user did not initiate should take control of a resource, period. When a user clicks a hyperlink, they are asking to load a page of hypertext. This shouldn't resize the window, open another window or do anything to your speakers.

I appreciate that they're not paying you to conform to basic HCI etiquette and I'm not suggesting that you refuse if it were to jeopardise the job, merely restating what should be, but sadly isn't, a common sense rule.
That's great.... :roll:
When do you start your fulltime job? :?:

aims
Overbomber

Had you read the last paragraph properly you'd know full well that that question is moot.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Wait until you hear Laz's complaints about Flash standards :roll:

The guy was merely asking for help, not a lecture.

It's as pointless as starting a rant about the illegality of bootlegging in the Weeding section...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
aims
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Wait until you hear Laz's complaints about Flash standards :roll:

The guy was merely asking for help, not a lecture.

It's as pointless as starting a rant about the illegality of bootlegging in the Weeding section...

IZ.
His complaints are no doubt the very valid ones shared by a lot of users.

And there's a world of difference between this and the legality of weeding. Here you can reach the same goal without compromising your original intention.
9while9
Slight Overbomber

Motz wrote:Had you read the last paragraph properly you'd know full well that that question is moot.
Actually your whole statement was moot.
I don't remember asking anything about that which you stepped upon your soapbox about.

It would be like you posting

Motz > Do you like my bands new web page and me jumping in with.
9w9 > Well I hope you designed your web page to be primarily functional with IE7 because as you can
see here http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp browser statistics blah blah.
And if you think your using a better browser well, the majority have spoken. I don't seem to see Mozaic
on the list blah blah.

:D

aims
Overbomber

You asked for help in locating a resource which would be obnoxiously abused contrary to basic HCI principles.

Yours is a perfectly valid point to make. Except that IE7 is beta software and as such, any incompatibility is their fault, not mine.

That and the statistics on w3schools are biased towards a different demographic, I doubt many people will be using lynx to find tips on webdesign ;)
robertzombie
Overbomber

WOOPAA!
aims
Overbomber

Thank you Robert, for that well reasoned and obviously thoroughly researched response.
9while9
Slight Overbomber

Motz wrote:Thank you Robert, for that well reasoned and obviously thoroughly researched response.
One day Motz you will come over to the...

DARKSIDE!

aims
Overbomber

No thanks.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Do so. We have pills.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Wait until you hear Laz's complaints about Flash standards :roll:
Don't get me started! :lol: (and don't use the words "Flash" and "standards" in the same sentence without including a negative!)

and since we seem to be overflowing with web developers lately, I'll be here in June if anyone else is planning to attend. It was great last year, and this year looks even better. 8)
9while9
Slight Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:
Don't get me started! :lol: (and don't use the words "Flash" and "standards" in the same sentence without including a negative!)

and since we seem to be overflowing with web developers lately, I'll be here in June if anyone else is planning to attend. It was great last year, and this year looks even better. 8)
It sounds cool, why does it have to be so far from Tonga? :(

lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

9while9 wrote:why does it have to be so far from Tonga? :(
isn't everything? ;)
Big Si
School Bully

The Big Man begs to differ 8)

Anyhoo, just look for "The Reverend Horton Heat", go on.....you know you want to! :wink: :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
scotty
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:
9while9 wrote:why does it have to be so far from Tonga? :(
isn't everything? ;)
Yep..........Forres is miles from Tonga.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
9while9
Slight Overbomber

Big Si wrote:

The Big Man begs to differ 8)

Anyhoo, just look for "The Reverend Horton Heat", go on.....you know you want to! :wink: :D

Say ello to ma little background muzic...

I will seek the heat...