S.G.W.B.M TEST PRESS - LTD 50

Do you do a TSOM-related website? Do you know any cool TSOM websites? Sites listed here may be about anything to do with The Sisters: lyrics, tours, photos, biographies, interviews, etc. Post your URLs along with a short description of the website here.

Note: Please post links about trading Sisters memorabilia or your personal collection in the Trading section.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

Recently on Ebay was sold an SGWBM test press disc for aprox 250 euros
Maybe someones will be happy to know the history behind this item.
In 1992 I was a journalist for a well know goth German magazine, when one day I had received this record for a vernisage (valentine) for the record launch of SGWM due on april 92. The record is a bizzarre item as was used a SGWBM record with custom labels especially done for this and test press message on groove run off (it got the stock cat number as well). When I was arrived noticed that only 50 peoples was accredited and everyones had the same vinyl valentine !!!
Management distribuites as well to everyones a black cardboard customised envelope sealed with a lp logo stiker, with inside a promo cd of SGWBM, a promo tape, a promo cd and well done booklet with bio.

Unfortunely most of us trash in them all after the party ( I still remember the dustbin full of this packages and records) but for some reason I kept mine.

after seen the auction end, I have realised the I own a little fortune now

One year later went to SCOB lauch party as well, but unfortunely this time I was supplied of a signed promo cd and a couples of promo tapes only.
Y
Fraud Squad

Taylor,

Do you know if the record plays part of the Some Girls Album or something different? Also, what are the run-off inscriptions?

I am just curious because the album is 2 LPs. :roll:

I have to say this is a great Sisters gem. Even better that you kept the booklet and everything that comes with it!! :notworthy:

Y
taylor
Slight Overbomber

Yes record is side 1&2 of the stock 2lp
run off groove got same cat number as the stock copy
plus "white label test pressing - not for sale" text
Y
Fraud Squad

Great!! thanks!
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

thanks Taylor :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Y
Fraud Squad

I just noticed that one is being sold on EBAY.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=2262

The 3 I have seen in the past all have a red star on the record, but this one does not. Would this be a fake? :D
taylor
Slight Overbomber

Yes I confirm seems fake
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

taylor wrote:Recently on Ebay was sold an SGWBM test press disc for aprox 250 euros
In 1992 I was a journalist for a well know goth German magazine, when one day I had received this record for a vernisage (valentine) for the record launch of SGWM due on april 92. The record is a bizzarre item as was used a SGWBM record with custom labels especially done for this and test press message on groove run off (it got the stock cat number as well). When I was arrived noticed that only 50 peoples was accredited and everyones had the same vinyl valentine !!!
Management distribuites as well to everyones a black cardboard customised envelope sealed with a lp logo stiker, with inside a promo cd of SGWBM, a promo tape, a promo cd and well done booklet with bio.

Unfortunely most of us trash in them all after the party ( I still remember the dustbin full of this packages and records) but for some reason I kept mine.

One year later went to SCOB lauch party as well, but unfortunely this time I was supplied of a signed promo cd and a couples of promo tapes only.
Imagine if you kept all those trown away copies you'd be a millionaire :)
luke66
Road Kill

Hi, I guess I just bought a fake :-(((
It has the red star, but on the disk, so you can't play it.
And it's NOT the Sisters, I don't know what it is.
The labels look right, and I can't see any manipulation.
The ROGI says "R/S Alsdorf 256924-1-A2xx"
Any comments?

Thanks
Luke66
Ocean Moves

if you will buy promos and test pressings and the like on ebay,
without the benefit of full advice / item history like Taylor has just given,
you are just asking for trouble.
You are fair game to scam artists looking to make a buck.
bismarck

taylor wrote:Recently on Ebay was sold an SGWBM test press disc for aprox 250 euros

Can you post a photo and/or scan of this little package for us all to see? Thanks.
davedecay

original post was nearly 3 years ago... :innocent:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

But taylor's still here, with his hundreds of tons of Sisters things that next to nobody else has ever seen. :lol:
bismarck

davedecay wrote:original post was nearly 3 years ago... :innocent:
...and?
throughthecables

I saw this today in my record store...

exactly like that:
http://www.popsike.com/SISTERS-OF-MERCY ... 84071.html

It looks like the real deal... but can somebody give me some information, if there are things I should look for.... (cat. no. / red star on vinyl / run out grove are mentioned by taylor)

Are there are many fakes??? With false spellings e.g??

THANK YOU!!
Being645
Above the Chemist

I've been cruisin' the net yesterday and found a picture of the very same item (don't ask me where ...)

I'd buy it immediately, if I could afford it ... :lol: ...

Here's the accompanying text from the seller on eBay ...
You are bidding on a very rare German Promo Item for some happening concerning the release of the "Some Girls Wander By Mistake" LP 1992!!!! This is an invitation for some sort of happening taking place in Hamburg, Germany April 6th 1992 at the Abrissgalerie that Record Company EAST WEST sent out to Journalists and Radio People as Promo!!!! As I Never Opened it I Can't tell you what the letter says--The Promo Item is an UNPLAYABLE!!!!!!!!! Picture LP !!!!! Has a sticker saying "Diese Platte Ist Nicht zum Abspielen geeignet" -- translates into "This Record is not suitable for playing"!!!!!!! And comes with a letter from the Record Company. Anyways It's a very rare Promo Item--not too many exist, that could be yours for a measly 1,99!!!

A great rare item for the collector and a total waste for everybody else

As This has never been opened and no-one has ever read the accompanying letter and I have received tons of questions---This is a promo invitation by German Record Company EAST WEST for a Guy who used to work for the Radio--I don't really know what exactly the event was--most probably a pre listening party with free food and booze!!!!! …
throughthecables

Thanks being :) :)

hmmm, sadly I can only get my hands on the vinyl... not the whole package....

but I don't know if it is the real deal or just a cheap fake.... Can somebody give me a hint....if there are many fakes??? And how I can recognize them???

I own a lot of Sisters boots...but never heard of this one...and even the f*** internet has no information....
throughthecables

Finally ... i got it :) I'll post some pictures later....

I don't know, if it is a real one or just a fake, anyway.... I'm happy ;)

It's playable, but definitely not sisters :(( Some opera s**t.... -.- but it looks great on the wall ;D And I got it for free...and I've never seen it before....

so for me it is a fake....

But I'm really interested to get some more information on this (original) release....

- What is real grove out inscription??
- Is it the normal record (SGWBM)??
- Are there many fakes?? (NEVER seen it.... / even not internet)
- Why is there a "not playable" sticker on it?? (Was the real one not playable??)

I know first post gives a lot information, but I'd like to know, if sb. has a fake too or if there are more infos ??? Just one Heartlander who got it????

Nice WE to everyone !!
paul
Overbomber

I've got one of these vernissage invitations.
paul
Overbomber

For those interested what is REALLY on the record, here you go:

Jose Carreras sings Andrew LLoyd Webber and it sounds like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd2nQU-v ... re=related

The only thing in common with TSOM is the name Andrew :lol:
Being645
Above the Chemist

The according Wiki Page is slowly taking shape ... ;D ...
throughthecables

Very nice wikipage !! :)
Being645
Above the Chemist

There's now a page in the SistersWiki about the Invitation Event and surrounds ... :wink: ...

http://sisterswiki.org/Mon,_06-Apr-1992
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

paul wrote: 04 Jul 2012, 20:45 For those interested what is REALLY on the record, here you go:

Jose Carreras sings Andrew LLoyd Webber and it sounds like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd2nQU-v ... re=related

The only thing in common with TSOM is the name Andrew :lol:
And Phantom of course :von:
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.