Fave Sisters Bootleg?

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

my top 3:

tabor 2005 (brilliant show and quality really good) I listen almost every day in my car.

exxile in cologne 2001 the same(great show and great sound)

dark christmast in London I love the sisters in 1993, of all bootlegs of this era this one is my favorite.
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

detmold 1984 (the lights shine clear through the sodium haze) - love that setlist - and they played adrenochrome
newcastle 1985 (disguised in black) - excellent recording, great show
bremen 1985 (we will rock you) - i love these versions of train and logic - best recording of that 3-piece-lineup
hamburg 1990 (3rd evening) - my first gig
bonn 2001 - great gig
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Badlander
Overbomber

vicus wrote:detmold 1984 (the lights shine clear through the sodium haze) - love that setlist - and they played adrenochrome
Sorry for repeating myself.
Detmold 84 is good.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

rock city black oktober for the excellent little tantrum that gets thrown when they heckle the doktor for breaking down.

of course when it comes to quality "gimme shelter" is at least as good as "disguised in black" :innocent: :wink: :lol: -though in all seriousness the stockholm and long beach 85 gigs are pretty perfect sound-wise.

NEC june 92 -eldritch is so obviously completely off his head that it eclipses how manic he was at the reading festival; and the band rocks...even with girly backing vocals

...and dvd wise i have to agree with james on the 18 april forum gig: that could almost have been released as an official live dvd it's that good.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Badlander
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: of course when it comes to quality "gimme shelter" is at least as good as "disguised in black" :innocent: :wink: :lol:
No kidding ? :wink:
-though in all seriousness the stockholm and long beach 85 gigs are pretty perfect sound-wise.

Only problem with Long beach is that you've got to pitch it up a little. It features some memorable comments. :D
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Maybe in the lines of:
London 21.12.1993 (like dtsom, i love -93 Sisters)
Tabor 12.08.2005 (agreed with dtsom again, prolly the best 2005 recording and gig)
Birmingham 27.06.1992
Colchester 20.10.1984

And as a free extra, my least favourite recording of one of my favourite gigs:
Leeds 17.02.2001 (even through bad recordings it's obvious this gig was at least as good or maybe even better than the one in York the day before)
we've got beer and we've got fuel
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

itnAklipse wrote:And as a free extra, my least favourite recording of one of my favourite gigs:
Leeds 17.02.2001 (even through bad recordings it's obvious this gig was at least as good or maybe even better than the one in York the day before)
Odd that. As I recall, that gig wasn't one of the best.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Badlander
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
itnAklipse wrote:And as a free extra, my least favourite recording of one of my favourite gigs:
Odd that. As I recall, that gig wasn't one of the best.
Didn't someone say just the other day that the Leeds gig was crap ? Dunno myself, just asking.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

IIRC that was someone talking about the 17.02.91 gig?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

markfiend wrote:IIRC that was someone talking about the 17.02.91 gig?
nope, 2001 was the year Mark. both gigs in 91 were top 8)

I hear there's a brilliant recording of the Leeds 2001 gig though :innocent:
Goths have feelings too
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

PIB, naturally :P
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

8) Alrighty. My mistake.

I didn't go to the gig on the 17th at Leeds Poly in '91, just the previous night at the Uni.

Contrariwise, I didn't go to the York gig on the 16th in '01 but I did go to the Leeds one on the 17th.

Not that anyone's keeping score like... :innocent:

I'm not sure that I'm right bothered about a brilliant recording of a... well, I hesitate to say "crap" gig, because it's the Sisters... let's say a gig not up to the usual standard.

I much prefer crap recordings of brilliant gigs :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Hmm, interesting. i just based my assumption the gig was brilliant on reviews on tsom.tours.org and the fact that Eldritch is inspired enough to sing extra lines on Alice, and that he seems to be singing pretty well (for some reason 2001 isn't generally among my favourite vintages cause on many gigs Eldritch doesn't seem to perform very well, especially on some uk dates).
Badlander
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: I much prefer crap recordings of brilliant gigs :lol:
Now that is a brilliant topic ! 8) :lol:
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Newcastle 85, London 93 (the Dark Christmas one again, cracking version of Under The Gun on it). &, just to be different..... Frankfurt 03. LOVE it. Listen to it every day. 8)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
distanceovertime
Road Kill

NAPALM GODS
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The No Time to Cry LP / Opus Dei CD from Stockholm '85.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
robertzombie
Overbomber

I like the Speed Kinds bootleg coz it's the first time we hear Floodland/Vision Thing songs and it's just before Andy went all American on us.

Other that that I don't think I have a favourite bootleg. I tend to make up live compilations.

I'd like to hear some more info on Andy crying during SKOS (?)
jkbcold
Road Kill

My favorites boots are (for the moment)

- Live In The Trojan Horse ( for body electric and the crazy "yes" , for the start of temple of love... for alice , for adrenochrome and FOR THE SOUND QUALITY....

- The darks were in milan is my fav 85' boot ,,, but Doctor avalanche HIT too strong ,,,
actually I really prefer the wake soundtrack , but it's not a bootleg cause it's official ....
I think that there is something different in this gig,,, maybe because Von is at 1001%, he seems possessed...

and for all the post 85 live gigs , I don't know ,,, I'm not fan of the vision thing album so ...
We Are The Same S......
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

having recently enjoyed an obssession with '84 live versions of "Burn" (would loved to have heard it played that way in the studio -not that The Reptile House EP should have been one iota different;i don't even like the faded kiss reprise on SGWBM) i have trawled extensively and cannot find an 84 boot to top Trojan Horse.

visions from the forum with friday the 13th (ideally compiled to one disc in the correct running order) has to stand as the best quality recording of most of the "new" tracks -though Our Friend With The Minidisc's 2005 collection is superb.

and so is leeds 2006. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: