RIP Christian Prante, aka "Doc P"

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

They say that a man never dies if he is still spoken of with love. Roll on immortality, good Doctor P.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
hallucienate
Overbomber

Zuma wrote:Thanks all, it is "only" a bunch of flowers so I'll look after that for us all - you can buy me a beer sometime I hope in the not too distant future. More importantly just need to get this organised sooner rather than later -
just need to know where to send them...
I just PMed you his addy
robertzombie
Overbomber

This is very upsetting news.

I never met Christian but still thought of him as a top man, he'll be in my prayers tonight.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

What? :eek:

This can't be :urff:

Met the good doc two times, exchanged a few PMs with him and always found him to be a great, lovable and generous man...

Hardly know what to add to all the good and loving things everyone said...

All my thoughts go out to his lovely wife and kids right now :(

To Christian, you deserve these about a million times: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

(I'd gladly join in with flowers)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
robertzombie
Overbomber

CLT ~ Placebo - Running Up That Hill :(
scotty
Overbomber

I never new Doc P but I'm very saddened by the news, my deepest sympathy's go to his Family.

Keith
Last edited by scotty on 12 Jun 2006, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

I have been reading this threat several times. I've been crying my heart out for almost half an hour. I can't believe this.

I just received a package with a very nice letter from him. His last words in his letter: "Bis bald...Dein freund Christian". Who could have thought that "bald" will take the longest while.

I spoke Doc shortly in Paris and spent a big part of the day with him
in Cologne. The man could get along with every one and he was so kind to do me and my girlfriend a very big favour. He did not even want a "thank you". We left Jambaleia in Cologne together and had a very nice conversation walking through the rain in the silence of the night in a drowsy Cologne. We agreed to meet again at a Sisters gig or elsewhere.

Weekly contact ever since and we became friends.

He told me that one of his favourite Sisters' songs was "Summer". He really did love the song and the lights at gigs. I hope you are in a place with a permanent summer and beatiful colours. Every time I hear the song in the future; you will be on my mind.

Ich werde dich vermissen mein freund. I hope you rest in peace.

Love always,

Pat :kiss:
"as we walk on the floodland"
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Rest In Peace, Christian.
:(

My thoughts are with you and those you leave behind.

Jez

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

I can't believe this. Suddendly this world seems so small, when such a great soul like him passes away.

My thoughts are with you and your family, Christian.

Jan
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
sabine
Road Kill

I meet Christian in Paris and in Köln. He was a lovely and friendly man who helped to change my life.
I'm very sorry that he has left us and I think of Sandra his wife and his 2 lovely girls. I hope I can help them anytime.
Last edited by sabine on 12 Jun 2006, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Once again folks - hope you agree with this, but had to do something -
Interflora are delivering tomorrow with the following message -

"To Sandra, Charlotte and Amelie - our thoughts are with you. Doc P will be very much missed - love from all at Heartland"
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Zuma wrote:Once again folks - hope you agree with this, but had to do something -

"To Sandra, Charlotte and Amelie - our thoughts are with you. Doc P will be very much missed - love from all at Heartland"
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Has MY vote!

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
scotty
Overbomber

Zuma wrote:Once again folks - hope you agree with this, but had to do something -

Aye :notworthy: :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Perfect indeed :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

thank you Dave
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Zuma wrote:"To Sandra, Charlotte and Amelie - our thoughts are with you. Doc P will be very much missed - love from all at Heartland"
Nuff sed.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I owe you a pint.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Very nice Dave!!!
"as we walk on the floodland"
Andie
Overbomber

i hope that this strikes a chord with those who poohpoo communities like this...we all feel the loss how ever much or little we knew Doc P

good friends are hard to find
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

This isn't really the sort of thread anyone would want to come across. I didn't know Christian personally but I can see from the messages posted here he'd managed to touch people. There are much worse legacies than that. RIP.

Michael
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

What can I say?

I've lost a dear friend and 'the girls' have lost a wonderful husband and a wonderful father. I'm just stunned.

I missed the first call from his handy this morning and thought nothing of it. But now I realise it wasn't him. Other stuff from Mods alerted me to the situation and I finally tracked down Sandra at 3pm UK time. She told me as best she could what had happened.

I won't eulogise now. He was and still is a God amongst men.

They don't come any better.

ich liebe Dich. Immer Dein freund. :kiss:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
boudicca
Sister Midnight

The flowers are a lovely idea, Dave.

I never met Christian personally, but he always struck me on the board as a genuine nice family guy, and a loving father. I hope it will provide some comfort to his wife and kids to know that was the overriding impression we (even those of us who, like me, only knew him through his posts) got of who he was. No doubt, he will be missed all the more for being such a man - so my greatest sympathies go to all who knew him well.

Rest in peace.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

As a long time guest of these forums I've only lurked. I've only registered recently but it's always sad when something like this happens.
End of line.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

that's beautiful dave. thanks. a HL tribute seems very fitting. we should try and co-ordinate something with his friends/family... i've sent you an email - let me know if there's any way i can help at all.

oh man. :| :cry:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Unbelievable and indeed very sad news. :cry:

Christian or doc P, I met for the first time in Tilburg 2005 and since then had a fantastic friendship with him. You will be truly missed kind dear sir, but your memory will always be alive.

Condolences and strengh to Sandra and his beautiful daughters.

RIP dear doc P! :kiss:

@ Zuma - thank you
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity