Gun Club

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Debaser
Overbomber

as I have heard on the grapevine, are to reform.....

All the info I know is that drummer Terry Graham and guitarists Kid Congo Powers and Ward Dotson are to begin rehearsals soon. Bass duties will be handled by Possum Dixon's Rob Zabrecky, and filling Jeffrey Lee Pierce's spot will be Mark Lanegan.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
James Blast
Banned

.... The Teardrop Explodes reforms sans Cope and Balfe...
Next!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
kinski
Road Kill

Not really sure what to think if it... :eek:
Calling it the Gun Club seems kinda strange to me, heresy even, but so far I have liked just about everything Mark Lanegan has done.
I'm actually looking forward to hearing this. :wink:
Badlander
Overbomber

The Gun Club were a fantastic act and Mark Lanegan is very talented. I wouldn't mind if they formed a new band and played GC material. But to actually call themselves the Gun Club is a bit indecent.
Same remark applies to The Doors and Queen, btw.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

this must be to help promote the film then ness. :?:

http://www.myspace.com/gunclubmovie

<--- yes that is he :innocent:
Last edited by paint it black on 14 Jun 2006, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.
Goths have feelings too
Debaser
Overbomber

I noticed him the other day when you put him up....did you stroke him for me?
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
sultan2075
Overbomber

Badlander wrote:The Gun Club were a fantastic act and Mark Lanegan is very talented. I wouldn't mind if they formed a new band and played GC material. But to actually call themselves the Gun Club is a bit indecent.
Gotta agree. I do really like the idea of a Gun Club-esque band fronted by Lanegan, however. As near as I can tell, he and Mudhoney are the only folk connected to the whole Seattle scene to have continued to put out good and interesting music.

I think Lanegan may also have actually been working on some material with JLP when he died. Anyone remember for sure?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Batfish
Road Kill

Sorry, but no JLP, no Gun Club.
Rise&Reverberate
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Found this clip recently, JLP on fine form and Pasty looking all goffik and showing why she should perhaps avoid interviews :innocent:
http://rapidshare.de/files/23101193/Hot ... b.wmv.html
radiojamaica
Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:
Badlander wrote:The Gun Club were a fantastic act and Mark Lanegan is very talented. I wouldn't mind if they formed a new band and played GC material. But to actually call themselves the Gun Club is a bit indecent.
Gotta agree. I do really like the idea of a Gun Club-esque band fronted by Lanegan, however. As near as I can tell, he and Mudhoney are the only folk connected to the whole Seattle scene to have continued to put out good and interesting music.

I think Lanegan may also have actually been working on some material with JLP when he died. Anyone remember for sure?
indeed

I love the Gun Club and I love Mark Lanegan's work, so no compaints here. And it sounds like a one-off thing, so let it roll!

Pierce & Lanegan did work together and at least one song they wrote together is featured on Lanegan's Field Songs album from 2001: Kimiko's Dream House.
in dub we trust
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

would Craig, Wayne, Gary, Dr Avalanche & some other singer be The Sisters Of Mercy?

'nuff said!
Big Si
School Bully

davedecay wrote:would Craig, Wayne, Gary, Dr Avalanche & some other singer be The Sisters Of Mercy?

'nuff said!
With all that smoke could you notice? :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Big Si wrote:
davedecay wrote:would Craig, Wayne, Gary, Dr Avalanche & some other singer be The Sisters Of Mercy?

'nuff said!
With all that smoke could you notice? :wink:
i'd notice 3 musicians on stage instead of 2... real bass :!:

bring on the :von: -clone!
aims
Overbomber

I'd notice a band who neither knew, nor had the inclination to learn a vast proportion of the back catalogue. They'd put on a fine Some Girls/FALAA show, but when it came to Floodland, Vision Thing and beyond, they'd be a 7th rate covers band.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Well, you know. If it was Craig, Wayne, Gary and the Dok, they would play Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Heartland, Jolene, Ghostrider/Sister Ray/Louie Louie, even Floorshow.
And that's worth it for me. KOHD beats Will I Dream and Crash And Burn hands down.
James Blast
Banned

... and the singist?...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Gary.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Or perhaps Simon Denbigh.

Maybe even Anne-Marie.
scotty
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:... and the singist?...
Well, if Gary's involved, it's got to be Anne-Marie :notworthy: 8) :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

Dark wrote:Gary.
Dark wrote:Or perhaps Simon Denbigh.

Maybe even Anne-Marie.
PCW! :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

¬_¬
aims
Overbomber

Dark wrote:And that's worth it for me. KOHD beats Will I Dream and Crash And Burn hands down.
As in "Hands down children, I don't want any more of these silly suggestions"? :innocent:

Without Andrew to boss them around, they'd probably be playing the songs which became early Mish/Ghost Dance stuff. You'd probably enjoy it, but it wouldn't be a Sisters show :|

A gig without Ribbons and Romeo Down? It doesn't bear thinking about :cry:
Badlander
Overbomber

Dark wrote:Well, you know. If it was Craig, Wayne, Gary and the Dok, they would play Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Heartland, Jolene, Ghostrider/Sister Ray/Louie Louie, even Floorshow.
So they're so good, you'd like them to play almost exclusively covers ? :innocent:
And once again : I don't want Wayne back ! :evil:
James Blast
Banned

The thing that made the Gun Club stand out from the pack was JLP's voice. Although the lyrics to For the Love of Ivy, do take something to be desired! :eek:
~ Peter Steele
Badlander
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:The thing that made the Gun Club stand out from the pack was JLP's voice.
In that respect, the GC without JLP is a bit like Lone Justice without Maria McKee. It doesn't make any sense.

Or Skeletal Family without Ann Marie, eh Keith ? :wink: