Control

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
delirium74
Road Kill
Location: springfield illinois, or the town of sporadic tornadic activity

sounds interesting
i loved 24 hour party people.....
...what? you mean its not a purple rooster????well crap...
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Soundtrack will be featuring The Sex Pistols, David Bowie, The Buzzcocks, Iggy Pop and Roxy Music...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Big Si
School Bully

Obviousman wrote:Soundtrack will be featuring The Sex Pistols, David Bowie, The Buzzcocks, Iggy Pop and Roxy Music...
JoyDivisionCentral.com wrote:Original Joy Division tracks will be used in the film - no re-recordings. New Order have expressed interest in composing new music for the score

"We were asked to do the soundtrack to the film, which I thought was a f**king great idea - for Joy Division to do the music for a Joy Division film - because we've never really done a soundtrack before." ... "It may include new stuff. Anton wants to use songs by Joy Division so that each song becomes a video. Like the way the Atmosphere video was filmed, he wants to write videos that appear in the film." - Peter Hook as reported by Andre Paine from BBC6 Music December 2006

Moby will be involved - even though he was going to be involved with the rival film and the producers of this one weren't initially keen. The music will have an original JD soundtrack - and there will be another soundtrack with JD cover versions. Bands will be given a song and just 'a couple of days' to record it. No bands that have been approached have turned it down. Update: at March 2005 the following bands have reportedly been approached U2, Marilyn Manson, Kraftwerk, The Smiths and Doves. Only Kraftwerk are reported to have said no.
:wink:

http://www.cerysmaticfactory.info/ian_c ... 50117.html
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

That'll be the cover versions then :)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Not knocking the book, but the rest of the band didn't really agree with it but then again they did see a side of him that she wouldn't have seen.
End of line.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Hmm.. Marilyn Manson doing a cover of Atmosphere.. that's so perverted that I hope it happens. :P
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Your avatar just reminded me Si, who is playing 'certified genius' Anthony H. 'c**t' Wilson?

Big Si
School Bully

timsinister wrote:Your avatar just reminded me Si, who is playing 'certified genius' Anthony H. 'c**t' Wilson?

It's Ronan Vibert

p.s. http://www.cerysmaticfactory.info/fac61.html - Martin Hannet's Lawsuit :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Wow! They glossed over that in 24-P-P - quite a vicious little writ, eh?

Cheers, mon. :notworthy:
Big Si
School Bully

Sam Riley as Ian Curtis
James Pearson as Bernard Sumner
Joe Anderson as Peter Hook
Harry Treadaway as Stephen Morris

Cast also include Oscar nominee Samantha Morton and Alexandra Maria Lara.
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
robertzombie
Overbomber

when will this be out? has it even been made yet?
Big Si
School Bully

robertzombie wrote:when will this be out? has it even been made yet?
It's out next year, it's being filmed as I type, in Macclesfield, Sheffield and Nottingham (apparently parts of Sheffield and Nottingham still look like old 1970's Manchester :eek: )
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
scotty
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
It's out next year, it's being filmed as I type, in Macclesfield, Sheffield and Nottingham (apparently parts of Sheffield and Nottingham still look like old 1970's Manchester :eek: )
I took a couple of pic's of the "Victoria Flats" in Macclesfield where Ian Curtis lived a few weeks before they were pulled down.

clicky

clicky
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Big Si
School Bully

scotty wrote:
Big Si wrote:
I took a couple of pic's of the "Victoria Flats" in Macclesfield where Ian Curtis lived a few weeks before they were pulled down.

clicky

clicky
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
mh
Above the Chemist

Ian looks more like Steve in those pics! :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Jaimie1980

The blokes who are playing Bernard and Hooky have a certain resemblance I guess.
James Blast
Banned

Just be thankful it's not Jude 'plank of wood' Law, how does he get away with it, he's a lousy actor and looks like a complete drip?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:Just be thankful it's not Jude 'plank of wood' Law, how does he get away with it, he's a lousy actor and looks like a complete drip?
Isn't he a terrible little weasel of a man? :evil:

With regard to the film - I always though Indrek would make a good Ian Curtis. :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Jaimie1980

James Blast wrote:Just be thankful it's not Jude 'plank of wood' Law, how does he get away with it, he's a lousy actor and looks like a complete drip?
Small mercies I guess. :lol:

I think the film could be pretty good, I'm looking forward to it.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Hom_Corleone wrote:a terrible little weasel of a man
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:
Big Si
School Bully

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Big Si
School Bully

Directed by Dutch photographer Anton Corbijn, Control is set to open in UK cinemas in March, 2 years after its American producers Orian Williams and Tom Eckhert first contacted Mojo to discuss their new project. Eckert has spoken about their lengthy effort to get the film off the ground, having optioned the rights to 'Touching from a distance' in the late 90's. ''I don't think there are many really great stories out there.'' said Todd. ''But this is one of them.''

Williams, in particular, felt it crucial to find a director whom both Deborah and the surviving members of Joy Division could trust. Though Anton Corbijn had yet to direct a full feature film, the Dutchman's credentials were impeccable. In 1980 he moved from Holland to Britain specifically to photograph the group, his iconic shots for NME launching a career that would see him in the 80's and beyond become first choice lensman for U2, Depeche Mode and R.E.M.

Indeed it was non other than Bono who told Williams at a party in 2004, ''You've got to get Anton to direct this movie''.

''Initially, (Corbijn) did not want to make a film about a musician", explains Williams. ''But then he realized it wasn't a conventional biopic, it was a love story.'' Once on board the director's first stipulation was that the film should be shot in moody black and white. The result, says Williams has an ''abstract poetic, epic feel, but it's not arty, its not a fever dream. Its traditionally mapped out- Antons a big fan of old English movies, he loves David Lean, Truffuant, Jim Jarmush, (Loach's) Kes.''

Control - part-financed by Depeche Mode's Martin Gore - has, it seems won some important fans. The surviving members of Joy Division saw a preview on November 28th, reporting to Mojo that they ''very much approve of it and will be backing it 100%''. ''Initially the group were disinterested in the film, but at the same time were intrigued and wanted to get involved'' says Williams.''When we first met them backstage at a gig in Liverpool in 2005, Bernard said 'Just have some fun with it.' We did and the finished Movie is amazing.''

Control will be released in spring 2007, for more info go to controlthemovie.com

Thanks to depeche-mode.com for the submission and informations
:D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

NME
The Killers confirm Joy Division cover
The track will feature on Ian Curtis movie
The Killers have covered the 1979 Joy Division song 'Shadowplay' for the soundtrack to the forthcoming movie about the life of the band's frontman Ian Curtis.

The movie, 'Control', is based on the book 'Touching From A Distance', by Curtis' widow Deborah who also co-produced the movie. She is played by Samantha Morton. The film was directed by famed music video director Anton Corbijn.

As previously reported on NME.COM, New Order have recorded the incidental music for the movie, and are also mooted to be re-recording a number of Joy Division tracks.

The biopic is set for a September release.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Big Si wrote:Image
That picture of Ian by Anton Corbijn is quite simply one of the most amazing photographs ever taken.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

hallucienate wrote:I bet I can guess the ending.
Yep.

It was all a dream, and his wife finds him showering happily in the morning.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...