Budapest 23 June 2006

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Still @ budapest, stuck here. Setlist was regular beside they played vision Thing and Temple, and Will I dream and Flood 1.....
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Hope you all had a great time. Looking forward to reviews and more... :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Excellent gig last night but boy was it a hot one!
Vision Thing in the encore was great. George Dubbya Bush was apparently in town the day before, so Von changed the lyrics to "another motherfucker like the one yesterday!"
I'm still in Budapest, as are Quiffy and Jo. Going for some dinner with them now... 8)
Seeya!
The Scene won't save you...
aims
Overbomber

Scardwel wrote:Vision Thing in the encore was great. George Dubbya Bush was apparently in town the day before, so Von changed the lyrics to "another motherfucker like the one yesterday!"
:notworthy::lol::notworthy::lol::notworthy:

Andrew for president ;D
jenzi-benzi

Scardwel wrote:Excellent gig last night but boy was it a hot one!
Vision Thing in the encore was great. George Dubbya Bush was apparently in town the day before, so Von changed the lyrics to "another motherfucker like the one yesterday!"
I'm still in Budapest, as are Quiffy and Jo. Going for some dinner with them now... 8)
Seeya!
Where you will have dinner tonite?
Cause we will leave tomorrow,too. Didnt recognized the changing of the lyrics, too much moshpit :P

Finally we got a flight from Budapest :lol: :lol: tomorrow at 10:00 from BUD anyone else on the airport at this time?
czuczu
Overbomber

Best gig I've seen since the Exxile tour
:D
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

great night out in budapest! great sound, all in all a nice venue, especially if one considers that this one was an old sportshall, in the size of a handball-field.

setlist as ever plus vision thing - and boy that encore rocked! although i could not hear it i asked ben before the show to add a little guns'n roses solo at the end of the mainset - he told me after the show that he did it at the very end of the show, but due to the screaming i did not recognise it.

anyway, a very sympathic band, beside the fact that some of us got upset by some words of some rockstar.

and of course, i really enjoyed the drinks in the park after the gig outside the venue - together with many heartlanders and poison-doorers. was a big pleasure to meet all of you. it made the gig even better!

j7
love is just a shot away
jenzi-benzi

Just came back home. All I can say funny and massive tour so far :lol:
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Just arrived home, too - together with my luggage, that finally arrived in Budapest on Saturday.

Storming gig indeed.

All I can say now is: I need to sleep.

Talk to you later, folks.

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*
xray999
Road Kill

Hossa,

i also arrived a few minutes ago at home,

nice to meet you all, next time a bit less beer and i remember maybe more.

good night, i'm tired

cheers
xray
Last edited by xray999 on 27 Jun 2006, 17:23, edited 2 times in total.
In the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds:
Fire, walk with me
_emma_
Overbomber

Delilah wrote:One downside (for me, personally) - the legend has died... some of you know what I mean!
Delilah wrote:lots of love to the special person (you know who you are...).
Jost 7 wrote:some of us got upset by some words of some rockstar.
Stop playing PIB dear people, will ya.
waters
Road Kill

You can see some nice pix here:

http://www.photopress.hu/Engine.aspx

Cheers
Delilah

I have some video-clips and photos from some of the gigs on my phone and have no idea how to transfer them to my Mac so I can upload them somewhere... My computer does not read the set-up CD, I'm afraid is PC only... The phone is Samsung D600 - can anybody help?
Cheers people
Christian

waters wrote:You can see some nice pix here:

Cheers
Phantastic photos, thank you waters!
czuczu
Overbomber

Christian wrote: together with my luggage, that finally arrived in Budapest on Saturday.
:lol:
I like a happy ending!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Delilah wrote:I have some video-clips and photos from some of the gigs on my phone and have no idea how to transfer them to my Mac so I can upload them somewhere... My computer does not read the set-up CD, I'm afraid is PC only... The phone is Samsung D600 - can anybody help?
Cheers people
I can help! Get a better PC. :wink: :lol: :kiss:

Besides Ania, we've all seen the best pic, the one with you playing 'hide the smile' with that little bloke.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Budapest was far too hot and is one hell of a tourist trap as a city, but the gig was one of the best I´ve seen on this tour. Great atmosphere, Vision Thing was played, the band was obviously having fun too, and I particularly enjoyed the aftershow session with the Heartlanders and Poison Door residents at the bar around the corner.... :lol: :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
xray999
Road Kill

Hossa,

i thought you enjoyed the gipsy music between the dinner, haha

i wish you and Eggi a nice trip to Helsinki and a good 101 show

cheers
xray
In the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds:
Fire, walk with me
jenzi-benzi

Gipsy music :lol: :evil: :evil:
Give them money to stop!
Jaymz
Road Kill

Here's the setlist:

Crash & Burn
Ribbons
Dr Jeep/Det Blvd
Still
Flood I
Will I Dream
Dominion
Summer
Giving Ground
Slept
Alice
Anaconda
Romeo Down
Neverland
This Corrosion
-----------------------
Something Fast
Lucretia
-----------------------
Top Nite Out
Vision Thing
Temple
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

best. gig. ever.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Christian wrote:
waters wrote:You can see some nice pix here:

Cheers
Phantastic photos, thank you waters!
direct link: clicky
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
limur

Delilah wrote:I have some video-clips and photos from some of the gigs on my phone and have no idea how to transfer them to my Mac so I can upload them somewhere... My computer does not read the set-up CD, I'm afraid is PC only... The phone is Samsung D600 - can anybody help?
Cheers people
Has the Mac got Bluetooth?

I can't be bothered with wires anymore :roll: and have transferred loads of pics from a D600 to a PC via Bluetooth and it works fine, apart from the videos needing Quicktime to play. :cry:
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
jay

limur wrote:
Cheers people
Has the Mac got Bluetooth?

I can't be bothered with wires anymore :roll: and have transferred loads of pics from a D600 to a PC via Bluetooth and it works fine, apart from the videos needing Quicktime to play. :cry:
It does. You can access top right hand corner of screen by volume, wireless controls
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

Christian

Excerpt from Christians tour diary.

Thursday
Travelling to Köln/Bonn by train and taking the flight to Budapest. Safe landing at Ferihegy air port. There are some dark clouds in the sky but it is still warm. Waiting for my luggage at the band conveyor. Everyone is leaving, the conveyor belt is empty and stops. Where is my luggage? A bored Hungarian girl at the service desk listens to my complaint and writes down my name and flight data. So I leave with my rucksack only. Most roads are blocked because George Dubya Bush is in town. Then it starts raining like hell. Bad start that is…

Friday
Breakfast in the hotel. I meet Xray999 and Bauflood in the refectory. Then going into town for buying some things one just needs. Tooth brush, Shampoo, T-Shirts... Budapest is a good place for shopping but that was not my intention when I came here. While choosing my lunch in an Asian snack-bar I bump into Indrek. Nice surprise. On the way back to the hotel I meet Eggi and Eva at the railway station. Always nice to meet the two of them.

Back to the hotel, into the shower and off to the gig. Leaving the tram, passing a Chinese Restaurant and who is sitting in there? Sisters-pics, Delilah and Skeletal Remains. So why make appointments when everyone is just turning up at the right time at the right place anyway? After dinner we leave for the venue. Meeting up with the other Heartlanders outside. Nice to meet you folks.

Inside the venue. Ordering drinks, chat with the others while not caring about the support act. Ben joins us and jost7 asks him for some Guns’n Roses tunes. I tell Ben that I won’t mind getting some Metallica. He promises to try both. Cool guy.

Finally we move to the front, waiting for the next one to arrive.

Inside the venue it is hot like in an oven. The gig starts with Crash & Burn as expected. It’s the last gig of the tour for most of the people there and we start the final party – obviously to the surprise of some Hungarians who get somehow aggressive. Calm down, this is the mosh pit and not a nursing home. A Hungarian girl next to me is obviously quite thrilled by the performance but she can not see much since she’s too small. So I take her on my shoulders. She’s quite grateful about it. No problem young lady, my pleasure. The gig is getting better and better. The performance is just brilliant and people are dancing their asses off. It’s obvious that the post Vision Thing songs are not so well known but everyone is singing along when the older stuff is being played.

Surprisingly the second song of the second encore is Vision Thing. Dedicated to George W. Great stuff. The roughest mosh pit I have ever seen at a Sisters gig. Everyone expects it to be the last song tonight. Surprisingly it is not. We also get Temple of Love. What a finale. Ladies and gentleman, I have seen some very brilliant gigs on this tour and this one is one of the best.

After the gig. My shirt is wet like I was coming out of a swimming pool. I buy the utterly bastard groovy shirt at the merchandise to get something dry on. I meet two folks who came over from Australia for the gig. Nice people.

Outside the venue. People are leaving and we are discussing where to go for the usual post gig drinks. Ben turns up and says goodbye.

A sad moment when I have to think of doc p. Few weeks ago he told me that he would have loved to go to Budapest either but could not get any holiday. We both could not know that he would not see the Sisters again ever. At least in this world.

Most of the remaining Heartlanders decide to go to the beer garden around the corner. There are only very few people left standing close to the entrance of the venue. Suddenly :von: appears. He stops when Skeletal Remains calls his name and we use the opportunity for saying “thank you� for the great show and the tour. He smiles and tells us to go home (friendly - not in a snit). He asks where we are coming from etc. He recognizes Delilah and makes some jokes. Then Kenny asks him to go and he is leaving. We join the others, and order some beer while armies of midges are sucking my blood.

Saturday
After breakfast my luggage is delivered to the hotel. Great stuff. My Pauli football shirt and my Heartland shirt were both in the bag. No need for a new one Barry, but thanks for the offer anyway.

Another sunny day in Budapest. Finally time for the sights of the city. On the next day I am flying back to Berlin. This trip was worth every Kilometer travelling.

(Sorry for lousy grammar and spelling - there's still a lack of sleep over here...)