Tuska Festival, Finland

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Anyone more then me who have problems connecting to the tuska festival site ?
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
czuczu
Overbomber

Drsisters wrote:Anyone more then me who have problems connecting to the tuska festival site ?
Working for me!

I think 'metal as f**k' might be an understatement:
http://www.tuska-festival.fi/2006/briefinenglish.php
Any kind of dressing-up is encouraged as long as the safety of your gear is taken into consideration. When rushing about in the front row you may harm a fellow celebrant with your nail bracelet. At the gate of the festival area the crew will check your outfit and remove everything considered dangerous, eg. bracelets made of nails.
:eek: :eek:
pikkrong
Overbomber

I think I have a ticket :D
do i drive
or am i driven
Drsisters

Got to tix to the festival, with a little help from my ex girlfriend, Tuuva. :D
So anyone else going there on thursday 29th june with the 17.00 ferrie ?
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
pikkrong
Overbomber

I'm going to go the same morning with a fast ship from Tallinn.
By the way, where is Bride Of Frankenstein, there will be festival where both Sisters and Metsatöll will play? (I will not see the latter myself, I have only 1 day ticket.)
do i drive
or am i driven
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Officially confirmed this morning on the sisters live page!

Have a good time, you lucky people..
Drsisters

I´m off in a minute to Stockholm for further trasnport to Finland ;)
robertzombie
Overbomber

Enjoy the last gig of the tour! :D :eek:
Drsisters

Arrived in Finland today, Think I´m in heaven :D
They sell Nightwish beer in the stores :eek: :eek:

The Sisters are here in Helsinki, were staying at the same hotell as them. Some minutes ago I saw the boys entering the Hotell :D :D
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol:

enjoy 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
robertzombie
Overbomber

Drsisters wrote:Arrived in Finland today, Think I´m in heaven :D
They sell Nightwish beer in the stores :eek: :eek:

The Sisters are here in Helsinki, were staying at the same hotell as them. Some minutes ago I saw the boys entering the Hotell :D :D
What hotel are you staying in? I'm planning a trip in the coming months....... as long as my results go according to plan
hellboy69

It's been said before, but what the heck...

Enjoy the last show of the tour! :notworthy:

Unless we get a surprise site update tomorrow? :von:
shagriml
Road Kill

Just saw 'em live...

Nice stuff, could have played more my favourites though. I had maybe 6 pints of beer and a bit of vodka + a few hits of hash before the show and soon ran out of water and had nothing but pure vodka to drink and cigarrettes to smoke. Needless to say, I got very drunk.... I was just there stoned and drunk, staring at Andrew through my sun glasses and enjoying in the show...

They did an encore which I knew they would, I wouldn't have had it any other way :) It was great seeing The Sisters for the first time...

Wish I could have been there back in 1985...
Some people get by
with a little understanding.
Some people get high
with a whole lot more.
force
Road Kill

Am I being over speculative?

Von ended the gig by saying "gotta go feed the cats". This was the last gig of the summer and we all know the cat reference.

Oh well, nice gig anyways. Don't know how much other people enjoyed it, someone behind me commented during Dominion that it was the second song he recognized.
Drsisters

Setlist:

Intro
Crash And Burn
Ribbons
Dr Jeep/Detonation Boulevard
Still
Flood 1
Will I Dream ?
Dominion/Mother Russia
Summer
Giving Ground
Alice
Anaconda
Something Fast
(We Are The Same) Suzanne
This Corrosion
Lucretia My Reflection

------------------------

Top Night Out
Vision Thing
Temple Of Love

Great gig, Vision Thing rocked like a mother f****r. There where some problems with Ben´s guitar, otherwise great sound, Andrews voice really loud and clear.
Before Top Night Out Chris brought a female paper figure out on the stage and put it in front of Andrews mike stand. Think it was Kylie Minouge in a bikini might have been Izabelle Azdjani as well, was a bit back from the stage.

The audience ? F**k me, Finnish people seems to like chit chatting, drinking, making out, sitting on the ground playing "bottle going round", doing everything else then watch the band on stage.

Hi goes to Eggi and Eva. I hope Eva is well, she got bitten by a nazty little goth bugger in the front row.
_emma_
Overbomber

Drsisters wrote:I hope Eva is well, she got bitten by a nazty little goth bugger in the front row.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Those his cats? Lovely! So....we'll be waiting for another singer to come round.......in another life.......

catch ya in 2008..or never again...Thanx Sisters........
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Thank you Sisters! Beautiful as they always are. But screw me for not being able to stand up or do much anything else by the time they got on stage.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Doktor Gott
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Got a text from my ex saying they were excellent..

Not jealous at all, no siree....
I give you the finger but you want the whole hand...
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pbase.com/gottdammerung/galleries
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Drsisters wrote:I hope Eva is well, she got bitten by a nazty little goth bugger in the front row.
I hope so too! Yet another front-row bunny boiler :eek: And for some reason, the littl'uns are always the most dangerous. :innocent:
eotunun
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:
I hope so too! Yet another front-row bunny boiler :eek: And for some reason, the littl'uns are always the most dangerous. :innocent:
You still don`t scare me. Did Eva bite back at least?
;D
There is shadow under this red rock
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

eotunun wrote:
Andrew S wrote:
;D
Thanks for the good wishes. I´ve got a bruise the size of a small hand now, and no, I didn´t bite back, but I pulled her f**king hair extensions out of her brainless f**king goth bitch head.... :evil: And if I ever see that slut again, she´d better not be on her own... :evil:
You can't fix stupid.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Eva wrote:
eotunun wrote:
Andrew S wrote: I hope so too! Yet another front-row bunny boiler :eek: And for some reason, the littl'uns are always the most dangerous. :innocent:
;D
Thanks for the good wishes. I´ve got a bruise the size of a small hand now, and no, I didn´t bite back, but I pulled her f**king hair extensions out of her brainless f**king goth bitch head.... :evil: And if I ever see that slut again, she´d better not be on her own... :evil:
Remind me never to mess with Eva....... :eek: :lol: :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:You still don`t scare me.
Well you haven't bitten me yet . :twisted:
weebleswobble wrote:
Eva wrote:I´ve got a bruise the size of a small hand now, and no, I didn´t bite back, but I pulled her f**king hair extensions out of her brainless f**king goth bitch head.... :evil: And if I ever see that slut again, she´d better not be on her own... :evil:
Remind me never to mess with Eva....... :eek: :lol: :wink:
Well that saves me the need to answer your question Stephen. :lol: Eva, I hope you pulled upwards - it's a hell of a lot sorer than downwards. NOt that I'm in any way encouraging violent behaviour on this list. :innocent:
:twisted:
aims
Overbomber

List?

I don't think there's been quite enough infighting and pseudo-intellectual squabbling to warrant a comparison to Dominion, Andrew :lol: