Adios

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

a female goffik stovepipe? :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Quiff Boy wrote:a female goffik stovepipe? :D
Of course, for a very victorian-looking pot-bellied stove, for example...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
JAMES RAY
4080 Peru

Thankfully this thread has calmed down now, but having received numerous phone calls and texts and walking 3 miles to get an internet connection, all be it along a beach, I might as well say what I have to say to those who are in the slightest bit interested, though it was not my intention to stay involved in the 'discussion'.

Simon joined Gangwar as a live guitarist, and a fine one his his too. As I don't want to carry on trawling out the same old tunes - the newest being 10 years old - I decided to concentrate on finishing the new album and then perform it. The new material is a departure from the past and I don't think Simon was/is the guitarist I need for the job as his influences are far removed from what I am after.
As Simon had already mentioned on his 'live journal' (before mentioning this to me) that he was unhappy playing with Gangwar and had intentions to leave I don't see what the issue is. He also alluded to the fact that he had spoken of his intentions to other people, still before saying anything to me.

Simon was also repeatedly asked to respect our privacy as to what goes on behind closed doors and to use some discretion when talking about myself and the band to other people. This he obviously disregarded which saddens me, considering what he perceived is far removed from the truth.

As for his uncalled for attack on Boudicca, that was just wrong! Claire was not at the gig to sell T-shirts, she was their as a guest. Simon was not party to any arrangements that were in place regarding the logistics and his reference to her being 'incapable' was disrespectful and potentially damaging.
I have had 20 years of rumours and lies spoken about me, most of which I find amusing, but as we are all someone sons, daughters, fathers or mothers things can become uncomfortable in our homes and this I find totally unexceptable.

I have not and will not become embroiled in a slagging match with Simon or the last 12 guitarists that have worked with me, this is life and we have to deal with it.

I do not need to explain away my avatar as I have seen others on this 'forum' that I have found personally offensive but I try to be a tolerant man.

Now Im off to eat my Kendal Mintcake, watch the waves break and hope the world stops fighting for just one day.
I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
James Blast
Banned

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:pot
of the tea variety? ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I just realized that the term 'pot-belly' could very well be misinterpreted in this thread.

@Mr Ray... enjoy yer mint cake ;) well said, BTW. I personally took some offense at your avatar, but as you state it, we have to be tolerant.

Makes the world a better place, it does...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Well said, Mr Ray. Hope you enjoy the sun, and it yields a good new album.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Glad the voices - plural - of reason speak :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

JAMES RAY wrote:I do not need to explain away my avatar as I have seen others on this 'forum' that I have found personally offensive but I try to be a tolerant man.
Being tolerant doesn't mean that you can't express an opinion or feel uneasy about somebody else's avatar. Just use the word "please", as in "Could you please tell us why you picked such an avatar ?" :wink: 8)

While we're at it, Mr Ray, did you too get the inspiration for the song "Badlands" from the Terrence Mallick movie ?

I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
canon docre
Overbomber

@Badlands :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

my favourite movie ever. I even wrote my diploma about it.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
James Blast
Banned

Sheen was cooler in Apocalypse Now!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

JAMES RAY wrote: I do not need to explain away my avatar as I have seen others on this 'forum' that I have found personally offensive but I try to be a tolerant man.
I do hope you don't mean my ATOMIC KITTEN ones Mr Ray? :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

scotty wrote:
JAMES RAY wrote: I do not need to explain away my avatar as I have seen others on this 'forum' that I have found personally offensive but I try to be a tolerant man.
I do hope you don't mean my ATOMIC KITTEN ones Mr Ray? :twisted:
no, that would be repulsion
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

Badlander wrote:
While we're at it, Mr Ray, did you too get the inspiration for the song "Badlands" from the Terrence Mallick movie ?

He was asked that question in an interview with Siren Magazine about 15 yrs ago? I remember he said that there's an area in the USA known as the Badlands (Midwest I think?), and the song is nothing to do with that film.

Apologies to Mr Ray if i've just gone and stolen his fire :oops:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

:( :( :( :(
excuse me for coming into this. I hazve no f**king clue what all this is about even not zfter reading the above. Just joined some days ago and wanted to absorb as much as possible and a lot of you I recognise already. As i said , I don(t know how deep or hard the problems were or what gangbang means on this forum. This is what i thought a forum of the sisters and surfing over here i thought it was supposed to be a happy family, BUT HEY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IT'S NOT ALWAYS BRIGTH SUNSHINE IN REAL LIFE, WHY SHOULD IT BE HERE. It doesn't mean we can't get over it. Shake hands, make up and let's live together. It's ridiculous than a 1st time member would leave this great site.

just another thought of "i'm afraid" a belgium guy

greets, hope you get it solved. It's not worth leaving this way, although I don't you yet.

If I went out of line, let me know. I'll take it into account. :notworthy:
MUSICA È
Debaser
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
He was asked that question in an interview with Siren Magazine about 15 yrs ago? I remember he said that there's an area in the USA known as the Badlands (Midwest I think?), and the song is nothing to do with that film.

South Dakota to be precise - well the Badlands I know of anyhoo. My firend ( :roll: friend even) lives about half an hour from the Badlands National Park

Site of the 1890 Ghost Dances infact :D
Last edited by Debaser on 09 Jul 2006, 18:09, edited 2 times in total.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
James Blast
Banned

from what I've heard this place is a haven of peace, love and happiness compaired to most forums stefan, relax the good will out
~ Peter Steele
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

thank u my friend.
MUSICA È
Big Si
School Bully

Debaser wrote:
Big Si wrote:

South Dakota to be precise - well the Badlands I know of anyhoo. My firend ( :roll: friend even) lives about half an hour from the Badlands National Park

Site of the 1890 Ghost Dances infact :D
Aye that were them! :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
canon docre
Overbomber

stefanmoermans wrote: As i said , I don(t know (...)what gangbang means on this forum.
Not much. We don't do Hip Hop over here. :wink:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

canon docre wrote:
stefanmoermans wrote: As i said , I don(t know (...)what gangbang means on this forum.
Not much. We don't do Hip Hop over here. :wink:
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: ;D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.