Bands you wish....

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silver_Owl
The Don

mh wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Steve Vai was an unpleasant experience. :cry:
Brrrrrr.

I came that close to Whitesnake, and barely managed to get out of it with some fairly pathetic pleading excuses.
:lol: :lol: Close shave. :wink:
Vai came as part of the package when I saw Satriani at the NEC.
Ponce is an understatement - WANKER :!:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

Pat went to see (by his own volition) Whitesnake last week.
There, I've outed you! :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

the m*****n...mind that was only cos The Sisters had binned the gig, so I'm not entirely to blame. :innocent: Godawful. :lol:

The Shamen - but it was free in, and Utah Saints did support them, so it wasn't all bad, just the headliners. Wank.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
wild bill buttock
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Too many to mention.But stand out gigs are;
Siouxsie and the banshees(1979);too busy calling each other "Cants" to actually bother playing any music.They split up a couple of weeks after.
Alien sex fiend(1984);Old Nick stagedives into crowd,crowd moves,Nick out cold,Gig over.Mrs Fiend;"Stop laughing you cants its not facking funny",Wag in crowd:"too f**king right,I've just spent all my dole money for f**k all,hope he's dead,at least then I'll have had me moneys worth".
Jesus and Mary Chain(1984);Two songs in they decide to destroy instruments and sound equipment.Huge ugly riot ensues.
Monsters of rock(1986);Only went to impress bird I was after.Complete shi'te from start to finish.Motley crue,Def Leppard,Scorpions and Ozzy in his fat transvestite stage.Even the usually ace Motorhead suffered major sound probs and were unusually cak.To cap a truelly arse day,I'd left the lights on me bike all day and the battery was flat as a witch's tit,and I never got the bird either cos "I was a miserable bastard and kept moaning that the "Great bands" were wankers all day".

But if its completely crap bands you want I recommend Birmingham's very own posing tosspots Beautiful deadly children.The worst band I have ever seen,without exception.
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
Ocean Moves

I think there are only two bands I feel embarrassed about seeing,
(1) The Mock Turtles at Slough Festival, 1991.

(2) Shakespeare’s Sister, Glastonbury 1992
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

The m*****n - Pinkpop Festival 1990
"as we walk on the floodland"
Badlander
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:The m*****n
How many times will they get mentioned ? :innocent: :lol:

Too bad I've never seen them. :wink:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
twp
Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote:Steve Vai was an unpleasant experience. :cry:
I saw him with David Lee Roth, it wasn't so bad.
Andie
Overbomber

my god...you're all so lucky to have seen such awesome bands :lol: :wink:

but unless Keith is gonna be broken over this weekend...i've gotta be close to stealing home base with...

wait for it..

Culture Culb on the day that Do You Really Want To Hurt Me was declared No1...complete with champagne all over Boy George :urff:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
James Blast
Banned

Burn wrote:Culture Culb
I'd forgotten about that confession in the Horse Shoe Bar Andie :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Klaus Mittfoch ('84-'85) legendary polish post-punk band
Sisters -(30 Apr 1991) Wroclaw, Hala Ludowa
Andie
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Burn wrote:Culture Culb
I'd forgotten about that confession in the Horse Shoe Bar Andie :lol:

cheers James :roll:

:urff:
Spiggy's hat

Power of Dreams - Leeds Duchess 93'ish.

Irish indie power pop kids, who always seemed to get good live reviews. So I turned up, despite never hearing a note by them previous to the gig. They were terrible, don't believe everything that you read.

Flowered Up - Leeds Warehouse summer 1990

Not even the legendary lycra clad onstage dancer Barry Mooncult, could convince me that I hadn't wasted the entrance money on this particular night. Third generation baggy hopefulls, who forgot to write any decent tunes.

Rose of Avalanche - Various gigs 1990-93 but usually at Leeds Duchess.

Great in the mid to late 80's, but had most definately lost it by the above period. I suppose with some bands you feel that you have to stick with them to the bitter end. A fair few unpleasant experiences, it has to be said.

The m*****n - Wembley Arena December 1988

Similar to the ROA above, I'd just lost interest in Wayne & the boys by this point. Not helped by the fact it was the first time I'd been to an arena gig, and it was just too big for me. We were miles from the stage, and should have just stayed at home and watched Crusade, with the lights turned off in the living room.

If we are counting support bands then The Shamen were really, really bad when supporting All About Eve, at Leeds Warehouse in November 1987.
They were in their 'pre-hits' days and had a set full of tuneless noise at this stage.
Give me one good reason
scotty
Overbomber

Deacon Blue
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Wish I hadn't gone to see The Wonderstuff just after Hup was released.
I also wish I hadn't left the room that Drive By Truckers were playing in the Paradiso to watch The Levellers in the main room.
Wish I hadn't gone to see Ian Gillan at the FLoral Hall in Southport. Wish I hadn't gone to see Hawkwind with Arthur Brown doing lead vocals.
Dare I say it...all the Nephilim, m*****n gigs were pretty good
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

Badlander
Overbomber

I did have expectations when I heard that the Dandy Warhols would open for Bowie on the French leg of his 2003 tour. There was such a buzz.
OMG they really were so crap, they just couldn't play a goddamn song ! :urff:

Project Pitchfork were quite big back in 94, but awful nonetheless. Fooking electro-goth-pop poseurs ! :evil:
That and I got hit in the face by the geetar the "singer" had just smashed on stage at the end of the gig. Those were crossover times (we were only two years removed from Psalm 69 after all) and they thought that was the thing to do : play some geetar, smash 'em, throw 'em away. I was the wrong man in the wrong place, and I still have the scar to prove it ! :lol:
jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I also wish I hadn't seen Dasiy Chainsaw and Sheep on Drugs
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Only ever walked out of two gigs ...

Status Quo, Phillipshalle, Dusseldorf 1979
It was a Youth Club trip so us punks thought why not? It's an organised night out with free transport. Walked in, they walked onstage ... and opened with that s**t Rocking Over The World song. We lasted two minutes and went down the pub for the duration.

Joe Jackson, Peterborough 1980
What on earth possessed us to buy tickets for this? Two months in advance? :oops: When the gig came around it was a freezing midweek February night in an unheated sports hall. We were poor teenagers and had about 17p between us so no beer or fags. After about four songs, one of the guys said "shall we go home?" "Yeh ..." was the unamimous response and off we trudged into the cold dark night. Truly dire.
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Oh and ...

Snoozeplay, Earls Court, 2003
Such a static performance. When Chris Martin sits at his piano there is zilch movement from anyone on stage. It was like watching mannequins. Plus it was an arena, we were in the seats and I had to suffer all those around me tapping their feet, wiggling their bums - sitting down - and clapping/singing along. :urff:

I'd only gone as a deal with the then missus that she would then attend another gig at the Forum the following night which was 18th April 2003. :von:

I just hope Eldritch appreciates how we suffer for him ... :lol:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:Deacon Blue[size]

doesn't even come close to Culture Club 8)

which in its self is an admission of pure bad taste...and i can't even blame it on a possible shag with a girl :urff:
mh
Above the Chemist

scotty wrote:Deacon Blue
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
scotty
Overbomber

mh wrote:
scotty wrote:Deacon Blue
I know I know :oops: , it was an attemt to gain access into a certain pair o' knickers belonging to a Girl from Loanhead, she really liked them I thought it's got to be worth it..................it wasn't :evil: :evil: , I spent good money on two tickets, I had to sit through over Two hours :eek: of purepish noise...............did I get my leg over?...................did I bollocks :evil: :evil:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
mh
Above the Chemist

scotty wrote:I know I know :oops: , it was an attemt to gain access into a certain pair o' knickers belonging to a Girl from Loanhead, she really liked them I thought it's got to be worth it..................it wasn't :evil: :evil: , I spent good money on two tickets, I had to sit through over Two hours :eek: of purepish noise...............did I get my leg over?...................did I bollocks :evil: :evil:
Ah, that's OK. Perfectly understandable.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Badlander
Overbomber

Oh and Placebo in 2001 were just abysmal. I'd missed them in 96 but saw them in 99 in Paris while I was visiting a friend. The 99 gig was all I'd wanted and more, a true stormer.
Then came the third album, which was already a disapointment IMHO. I went to see them with my brother, drove about two hours for a completely f**ked up show : bad venue, bad audience, bad band, bad songs...
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Most of my own gigs are pretty embarassing, to say the least :twisted: We were young etc...

Ohter Highlight on the Never Again list:

Warlock and Doro Pesch, somewhere 1988ish. Support by the Great Kat, which was even worse.

Rammstein last year, because we had seats way in the back. I wanted to trade with someone in the pit, but no-one was THAT stoopid. :|

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...