When DID I buy this T-shirt..?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Wearing today - "Sisters - Summer".

Black T-shirt (what else?), red rectangle on front with the new Merciful Release logo in the centre of a blazing yellow sun. Aborted single-release T-shirt? A summer tour? Both? Help!
aims
Overbomber

Picture? :innocent:
christophe
Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote: the new Merciful Release logo in the centre of a blazing yellow sun.
I knew it! after all this time I started to think I had dreamed about that picture but its exactly how you mention it.

please show me a picture :D
Another Shade of You.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

christophe wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote: the new Merciful Release logo in the centre of a blazing yellow sun.
I knew it! after all this time I started to think I had dreamed about that picture but its exactly how you mention it.

please show me a picture :D
I would, once I've worked out how to insert a picture. Oh yes - and taken one. Will endevour.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

rings a bell

http://tours.tsom.org/1998s/
No official name [for the tour] was ever given, but then, no official name was ever given to Roadkill/Goldkill or Distance Over Time tours, either -- both these names come from tour t-shirts. Following the tradition, we've looked at t-shirts being sold at gigs in this tour and saw Summer written on them; as Summer was also the song The Sisters of Mercy were going to put out sometime at that time, it seemed like a very fitting name. After we've called it Summer, everybody followed the example. So be it.
did you go to any of these 1998 gigs?

June 27 - Roskilde
July 4 - Reuterstadt Stavenhagen
July 11 - Arvika
July 25 - Rothenburg ob der Tauber
August 8 - Neerpelt
August 29 - Gelsenkirchen

:?:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
mh
Above the Chemist

This, perchance?
http://tours.tsom.org/1998s/ wrote:No official name was ever given, but then, no official name was ever given to Roadkill/Goldkill or Distance Over Time tours, either -- both these names come from tour t-shirts. Following the tradition, we've looked at t-shirts being sold at gigs in this tour and saw Summer written on them; as Summer was also the song The Sisters of Mercy were going to put out sometime at that time, it seemed like a very fitting name. After we've called it Summer, everybody followed the example. So be it
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
twp
Amphetamine Filth

Talking of memorabilia, I have a black baseball style cap with “SISTERS� stitched on to the front. I’m pretty sure I picked it up at a gig in the early 90’s. It’s very tatty now, do these still pitch up at the sisters merchandising stalls? I’d quite like another one.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

twp wrote:Talking of memorabilia, I have a black baseball style cap with “SISTERS� stitched on to the front. I’m pretty sure I picked it up at a gig in the early 90’s. It’s very tatty now, do these still pitch up at the sisters merchandising stalls? I’d quite like another one.
2001 maybe?

http://tours.tsom.org/2001eoe/merchandise.htm

bottom of the page

twp
Amphetamine Filth

thanks for looking, but not the one. Mine had white stitched lettering, and was baseball cap style, with peak-visory thingy (i am sure there is a technical name for that particular bit that sticks out the front of a cap). not beany shaped at all.
christophe
Overbomber

its maybe a stupid observation but somehow its strange no fansite has a good overview of what merchandising has been sold over the years.
Another Shade of You.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

christophe wrote:its maybe a stupid observation but somehow its strange no fansite has a good overview of what merchandising has been sold over the years.
Indeed!

A nice place would be www.reptilehouse.com :lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I picked my one up from Kensington Market soon after the tour. The guy Christian (from numerous dodgy goth bands inc. Crystal Reign) sold official Blue Grape merchandise which happened to include some Sisters stuff.
The market is long gone now though.

Matt..
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Norman Hunter wrote:Wearing today - "Sisters - Summer".

Black T-shirt (what else?), red rectangle on front with the new Merciful Release logo in the centre of a blazing yellow sun. Aborted single-release T-shirt? A summer tour? Both? Help!
I remember going on a site, reading about the 2006 tour, just when it'd started, and someone posted a link to a load of t-shirts being sold, and I posted something like "I want that Summer "sun" shirt!" and someone telling me they were s**t quality knockoff shirts..
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for all the help so far. What I do know is;

1. It IS official.
2. I didn't go to any of the gigs QB mentioned.
3. It has "The Reptile House Copyright 1998" at the bottom.
christophe
Overbomber

if there aren’t any tour dates printed on the T-shirt its possibly they continue to sell them on later tours. (if it was indeed the t-shirt for the 1998 summer Tour)

if I recall correct I once asked around here about the logo with a sun around it but back then no one seemd to know about it.
Another Shade of You.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Still trying to figure out how to post a picture of it up on here :oops:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Mark, you either nicked it (the tee), or that nice lex3000 chap bought it for you. Simple eh?

As for tranferring the image onto here erm, well, yeah....
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Mark, you either nicked it (the tee), or that nice lex3000 chap bought it for you. Simple eh?

As for tranferring the image onto here erm, well, yeah....
Neither of the above. I think I'll give up on it - plus there's too much red in it for me :wink:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

if you have a pic of it, email it to me and i'll sort it out :)

or if you have apic of you wearing it you could add it to the misc section of the image gallery? :)
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:if you have a pic of it, email it to me and i'll sort it out :)

or if you have apic of you wearing it you could add it to the misc section of the image gallery? :)
E-mail on the way - luckily not featuring my face :eek:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

sorted ;)

its now in the image gallery

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/de ... ge_id=1215

if anyone can ID it further...? :)
EvilBastard
Overbomber

twp wrote:Talking of memorabilia, I have a black baseball style cap with “SISTERS� stitched on to the front. I’m pretty sure I picked it up at a gig in the early 90’s. It’s very tatty now, do these still pitch up at the sisters merchandising stalls? I’d quite like another one.
I've got one of them (or I had one, missing presumed lurking in my mother's attic assuming she hasn't binned it) - bought it through the Reptile House in 92/93? Haven't seen one for sale on a stand since the NEC gig in 92.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
lachert
Overbomber

Dark wrote:I remember going on a site, reading about the 2006 tour, just when it'd started, and someone posted a link to a load of t-shirts being sold, and I posted something like "I want that Summer "sun" shirt!" and someone telling me they were s**t quality knockoff shirts..
oh, it was me. yeah, i've got one like this in home. it was selling "official" in poland in some web shop, maybe 2 years ago...? it's still s**t-shirt :x

watch the tag now:

for distribution only in: poland, bulgaria, czechs, estonia, hungaria, latvia, lithuania, slovakia, russia and former ussr
product sold outside these territories is illegal and can be confiscated upon sight :lol: now all clear
long live rock'n'roll
Mr Mercy
Road Kill

Here is the link to that polish web shop....
(The following site is not endorsed by MrMercy!)

http://www.rockmetalshop.pl/go/_search/ ... s+of+mercy
Last edited by Mr Mercy on 20 Jul 2006, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
christophe
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:sorted ;)

its now in the image gallery

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/de ... ge_id=1215

if anyone can ID it further...? :)
yep, thats the one I had seen before but I can't imagine where I had... problably on a Belgian gig but its strange no one els had seen it.
Another Shade of You.