sisters setlists nowadays suck- your opinion?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
hippie-bullsh-t-hater
Road Kill

Just take "romeo down". Boring and too long. Or at the Düsseldorf gig the first song was Temple of Love- complete nonsene, the audience need to be prepared for that cool song. And some really cool song are always missing just take "Body and Soul" "body Electric(to my mind it should be included in every show) And just one song from"FALA". I would like to hear "A rock and a hard place" or possession or from the other albums a full length "DR. Jeep" or "Floorshow". Andrew simply always plays the same songs every tour.... . But there are some good songs too like "Giving Ground", I must admit. And your opinion?
lachert
Overbomber

I think that the setlists are pretty cool. Marian, Valentine, Anaconda, Dr Jeep, Burn :P
long live rock'n'roll
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

I also wish he'd change the setlist more, I'd love to hear floorshow, Body Electric and lights.
But The fact is that any artist will play the sing he/she thinks are the best- the songs Von doesnt play he presumably doesn't like, so why would he want to play them? He's not being awkward, he's playing what he believes to be the best collection of Sisters songs.
Gazza for England manager
Andy TG
Overbomber

I would give my left ? to hear "Floorshow" again! (last time Crystal Palace)

BTW does anyone have a decent recording (any format) of "Crystal Palace" - mine was stolen from my car about 4 years ago! :-( and I really really miss hearing it!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

:)

Feel free to visit www.thesistersofmurphy.com
go to "gigs" and we have all the setlists for all our gigs listed.

Whilst we are a sorry shadow of the real thing..... look at the variety.

We also have MP3s available of Floorshow, Anaconda etc.

Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

AndyTheGoth wrote:I would give my left ? to hear "Floorshow" again! (last time Crystal Palace)

BTW does anyone have a decent recording (any format) of "Crystal Palace" - mine was stolen from my car about 4 years ago! :-( and I really really miss hearing it!
I've got "Enjoy the Puppet Show" on CD - could probs. get it copied if you like...
lachert
Overbomber

Maybe Sisters should play 3h gigs, so the setlists will grow for sure. Marian, Amphetamine Logic, This Corrosion, Burn, Come together, Body Electric, Comfortably Numb.... Eldritch don't have condiction to do such a long shows. Drugs will kill him. :x
long live rock'n'roll
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

If The Sisters of Mercy played every song that was ever requested then you couldn't afford to go...

Most people feel you get enough bangs for your buck as it is, still, you could always stay at home listening to bootlegs, but that's not the point is it? It's not what it's about.

You think most people would be happy getting to attend the 'Greatest Show on Earth' without being upto your arsehole in mud and being bored to death by dodgy darklings and f*cking hippies.

Still, I could be wrong...

Yours,
CB
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Drsisters

been there, done that. I can agree that TOL isn´t the greatest opening song the sisters have done. I prefer either crash and burn, lucretia or vision thing, but we can´t get everything. I really don´t care what songs they play live, I am glad that they still play. still remember the silent years 94 and 95.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
izzie wizzie
Road Kill

Well, personally I wish he'd just do something new and stick it on cd.
there's almost enough material with the relatively new stuff he does on stage( which frankly isn't that new anymore).Cant tell me he's not got a whole host of other stuff we haven't heard that could be worked on and worked into the shape of an album along with it.
I know that we're not worthy, and all that, but I do think there's an AWFUL LOT OF MILKING GOING ON.

Sorry Andrew.-I love you really. xx :urff:
izzie wizzie
Gary

well apparently he does give stuff to record companies to release but their not interested (bbc 6 interview) or perhaps its the HUGE amount of money he wants?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hippie-bullsh-t-hater wrote:Just take "romeo down". Boring and too long. Or at the Düsseldorf gig the first song was Temple of Love- complete nonsene, the audience need to be prepared for that cool song. And some really cool song are always missing just take "Body and Soul" "body Electric(to my mind it should be included in every show) And just one song from"FALA". I would like to hear "A rock and a hard place" or possession or from the other albums a full length "DR. Jeep" or "Floorshow". Andrew simply always plays the same songs every tour.... . But there are some good songs too like "Giving Ground", I must admit. And your opinion?
"romeo down" is superb. love that bassline!! but i just dont think that the modern take on "temple..." works :(

its too shouty-shouty and has neither the finess of the original 83 recording, nor the brooding intensity and utter groovyness of the 92 version.

the setlist as played in manchester (wednesday) and leeds (saturday) was very average, and not that different from the bulk of their gigs in the last handful of years, but the sunday leeds gig with marian, lucretia, dr jeep (sorta), come together, valentine etc was very very cool. :von:

its not that they play rubbish songs these days, its just that they have such a vast amount of material to choose from (in theory) and they dont rotate the setlists often enough.

but i accept the chairman's point that they have so many songs and that and someone will always say "why dont they ever play song x" :roll:

personally, i think they should drop "dominion/mother russia", "on the wire/teachers" and "temple" for a while - they are starting to sound old and tired now.

just for while... though.

i know this won't go down to well with the bulk of fans who only want to hear "dominion", "alice" and "temple" anyway, but if they brought in some other FALLA and pre-FALAA material i'm sure that would keep them happy ;)

good too see them gradually bringing more and more floodland tracks into the set - i await "driven...." with baited breath!! if it sounds even half as good as the smurphs' rendition did last friday i will personally give yer man eldritch a quick hand job round the back of the building... ;D

maybe. :urff: :?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
izzie wizzie
Road Kill

Oh, that's a definate.. on the hand job thing.
sorry got distracted there 4 a minute.
Actually I thought the set on sat was ok-except starting with Temple, that is. I did hear a few ' this is really a recording's being muttered.Oh-not to mention 'he's not there either'.And the fact that it sounded crap.
I was actually pretty impressed with the rest. Better than Manchester last time around anyway. :notworthy:
izzie wizzie
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

izzie wizzie wrote:Oh, that's a definate..
not it's not. it's a definite tsk! :roll:

and we won't mention the "text speak" this time....

[exit stage left muttering under breath]
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Quiffy - Romeo Down.... cant get my hat on with it... long plodding dull wail thing.

Ide love to hear them do Driven too.... though i bet it wouldbe very rocked out...

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Yeah, I really missed Body Electric - they should have played it. Although it would have to be the normal version and not the slower one (I mean what was the point?). After seeing both nights at the Forum I wasn't sure if I'd see them again, even though I thought the shows were great. It might be too much to hear the same songs again, especially the unreleased ones. I think I would, if only to hear Crash and Burn and Come Together.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
reverberater
Amphetamine Filth

lachert wrote:Maybe Sisters should play 3h gigs, so the setlists will grow for sure. Marian, Amphetamine Logic, This Corrosion, Burn, Come together, Body Electric, Comfortably Numb.... Eldritch don't have condiction to do such a long shows. Drugs will kill him. :x

Comfortably numb? Floyd? :eek: I ain't heard that one dude. Need a copy! Pretty please :notworthy:
Guided by the light and by the catholic monochrome
Thea
Overbomber

i thought the setlist was great! plenty of new stuff, plenty of old stuff, i'd have liked them to play "marian" cos it;s me favorite, and temple of love really shouldn't be first (it'd be great as a big finish) other than that, the set was spot on!