Wot, thee Chris Sheehan?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
James Blast
Banned

I tried to search for the Chris Starling thread but gave up after 15 minutes, so have a look at this. http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 40,00.html
nb. it takes a bit of reading till a Chris Sheehan is mentioned
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

nup, different bloke
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Ayup.

I got that link from the Bench Connection official site, by the way.

The descriptions sure make it sound like thee Chris Sheehan, though, don't they?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

mh wrote:Ayup.

I got that link from the Bench Connection official site, by the way.

The descriptions sure make it sound like thee Chris Sheehan, though, don't they?
there was a pic in last Sunday Times media section of an old geezer with greying longish hair that looked rather like a certain Sisters sidekick guitarist.
~ Peter Steele
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Eh? I believe Chris Starling is still on the beach... has anyone got news on him?

Jan
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
razor girl
Road Kill

He's still alive :wink: and just celebrated his brithday
I ordered his cd "sounds like" a few months ago ( feb) an got an e-mail response from te man himself :oops: . Got the cd a month or two later, stamps were from Granada Spain..
I can recommend the cd..

I think he only goes under the name Chris Starling not Sheehan.
[/quote]
sick puppy
Jim
Slight Overbomber

How do I get the new CD? Where did you see it? Love his old stuff and didn't realise he was still releasing / writing.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
razor girl
Road Kill

Well, the "soundslike chris starling" cd
is not that "new", It was released in 2002

I ordered the cd from his website "www.chrisstarling.com"
The website is not active , but if you click on it you'll get an e-mail adress.
I just sent an e-mail, asking if I could still order a cd and t-shirt..
too bad he ran out of t-shirts but he did sent me the cd.

I think you can also order it with the recordlabel > www.popchild.com
but I'm not sure.

The cd is very good! I can recommend it if youlike his music
sick puppy
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Oh right, that one - I've got one of them. I'll sell you my CS longsleeve XL if you want? I never wear it - it's pratically as new. PM me if you're interested.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Jim
Slight Overbomber

And personally I reckon his first solo album was the best.

Shame he's been so quiet of late.
smileygoffs
Road Kill

However.....I still like this song/video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vPw30qZ ... 20starling
razor girl
Road Kill

Yes, nice video and song!

Has any one of you ever seen the video "bobby slaughter"?
I tried to find it on the internet but the link is not working ( popchild)

Jim , you like "out of the woods "best, or do you mean his firts solo cd under the name chris starling? (planet painkiller?)
sick puppy
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Starlings are alright, but I meant planet painkiller. The Word and Bobby are fantastic tunes.
razor girl
Road Kill

I agree ! Love those songs 2.
Well, he's still gone fishing so I don't expect anyting anytime soon :(
sick puppy