Istanbul 3.september

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
pikkrong
Overbomber

would be nice to see you there, Zuma! :D
Zuma wrote: Last time I was there had to go through endless queues and 4 or 5 security checks. You even get put through a metal detector just to enter the building.
wee-eell, a lemur with funny bleached haircut, earrings and sisters tattoo would probably get more circles of hell... I mean - contacts with security people :innocent:
do i drive
or am i driven
pikkrong
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote: I shouldn't even be considering it, but it might make up for missing Budapest.
I hope our Magyar friends didn't hear the last expression...
do i drive
or am i driven
James Blast
Banned

Yer all mad I say! Mad!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
pikkrong
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Yer all mad I say! Mad!
someone already said it today... well, not about all of us, just about me... and another one started to laugh and said "oh no" when I mentioned Istanbul in a phone call... I'm almost a professional entertainer here...
do i drive
or am i driven
pikkrong
Overbomber

according to the last news...

1) Sisters will play less than 1 hour;
2) front section for Sisters set sold out;
3) don't know if any other fan will go there for sure...

...I'm not sure myself anymore... :(
do i drive
or am i driven
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

pikkrong wrote:according to the last news...

it must be a joke :eek:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Bartoszek wrote:
pikkrong wrote:according to the last news...

it must be a joke :eek:
please prove it, mate, before I cancel my flight to Istanbul. all I know, is:

http://www.biletix.com/eng/live/wtseven ... ntcd=GRCO0
(Sisters should start 21:00)

and
http://www.biletix.com/eng/live/wtseven ... ntcd=GRCO8
(Placebo should start 22:00 the same day)

and - I really don't know what does it mean but I got that answer when I clicked "find tickets" for Sisters' "front of stage" area tickets:

Bu etkinliÅ¡in Żnternet üzerinden yapżlan bilet satżÅ¾larż sona ermižtir.

EÅ¡er etkinlik tarihine kżsa bir süre kaldżysa bilet satżÅ¾larż Biletix Perakende SatżÅ¾ Noktalarżnda ve ana gižede devam ediyor olabilir.
EÅ¡er etkinlik tarihine en az iki gün var ise kurye teslimatż sona ermižtir.

Daha fazla bilgi iēin ĒaÅ¡rż Merkezini arayabilirsiniz. (0 216 556 9800)

Težekkür ederiz.
do i drive
or am i driven
eotunun
Overbomber

That`s turkish for "We want to be members of the European Union but we don`t want to talk to them!"
What amateurs! :roll:
As flights to turkey are cheap I was considering raising the money to see the gig, but that`s cancelled now.
There is shadow under this red rock
pikkrong
Overbomber

eotunun wrote:That`s turkish for "We want to be members of the European Union but we don`t want to talk to them!"
What amateurs! :roll:
As flights to turkey are cheap I was considering raising the money to see the gig, but that`s cancelled now.
I haven't cancelled my own flight yet. Waiting for someone proving me I have been wrong in every point...
do i drive
or am i driven
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I'll ask a passer-by to translate perhaps :lol: (or - as Belgian television once did for translating the Turkish Eurosong song - the cleaning lady :lol:)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

eotunun wrote:As flights to turkey are cheap I was considering raising the money to see the gig, but that`s cancelled now.
Flights from Glasgow certainly ain't cheap, so I've had to admit defeat on this one. :cry: I don't see the point in shelling out over £330 to fly to a part of the world that deserves more time than a weekend visit, just to stand in a field all day in the not-sold-out rear section, hoping to catch a glimpse of the Sisters during their 45 minute set. Even I'm not that daft.
James Blast
Banned

Andrew S wrote:Even I'm not that daft.
:innocent: ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
aims
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:Even I'm not that daft.
I think they'll let you off, Andrew.

Just this once, mind. The girls will start getting withdrawal symptoms if you miss another :lol:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote: just to stand in a field all day in the not-sold-out rear section, hoping to catch a glimpse of the Sisters during their 45 minute set.
that would be harsh indeed :urff:
do i drive
or am i driven
aims
Overbomber

Come to think of it...surely they owe you guys a guest-list place or two for that kind of devotion? :lol:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Motz wrote:Come to think of it...surely they owe you guys a guest-list place or two for that kind of devotion? :lol:
I don't think Sisters owes me anything...
do i drive
or am i driven
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Spoke today with my friend in Istanbul, apparently the festival
is a pretty scary event, so be warned!

He offered to look out for accomodation etc. for anyone that needs advice though, so let me know if you need some contacts..
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
James Blast
Banned

Zuma wrote:anyone that needs advice
Andrew S, Eva + Indrek needed advice years ago, they never sought it.
They're too far gone now...
~ Peter Steele
aims
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:
Motz wrote:Come to think of it...surely they owe you guys a guest-list place or two for that kind of devotion? :lol:
I don't think Sisters owes me anything...
Stop it. That's far too cliche ;D

But a good call, all the same ;)
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

James Blast wrote:Andrew S, Eva + Indrek needed advice years ago, they never sought it.
Isn't that the trouble with all serial killers, James? :innocent: :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
James Blast
Banned

Eva wrote:
James Blast wrote:Andrew S, Eva + Indrek needed advice years ago, they never sought it.
Isn't that the trouble with all serial killers, James? :innocent: :lol:
not to mention assassins :wink:
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

I had a fateful trip to Istanbul some years ago (although it wouldn't put me off going back) - wandering round the Grand Bizarre for about an hour, walked out and heard a massive bang and smoke coming out of the doors. A bomb had gone off.

And watch out for the taxi drivers - little tinkers they are. :evil:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Hom_Corleone wrote:I had a fateful trip to Istanbul some years ago (although it wouldn't put me off going back) - wandering round the Grand Bizarre for about an hour, walked out and heard a massive bang and smoke coming out of the doors. A bomb had gone off.
So in real movie style you put the bomb there, and right as you got out it exploded and all you had to do is whipe a bit of dust of your shoulders? :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

ey man, istanbul is way more safe than Blackpool or Amsterdam! And if you ignore the touristic attractions, the city is cool as f**k. I found a very, very groovy store with good independent literature and some fine music. Taksim is the new Broadway (in a good way).
Silver_Owl
The Don

Obviousman wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:I had a fateful trip to Istanbul some years ago (although it wouldn't put me off going back) - wandering round the Grand Bizarre for about an hour, walked out and heard a massive bang and smoke coming out of the doors. A bomb had gone off.
So in real movie style you put the bomb there, and right as you got out it exploded and all you had to do is whipe a bit of dust of your shoulders? :lol:
That's libelous that is Z.
I would like to imagine myself in panama hat, white linen suit and cigar in hand with a wrye smile on my face. :roll:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.