Isn't it odd what you sometimes get in the post?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

This came in the mail to our office. I present it with no further comment...

The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
hallucienate
Overbomber

what fancy font did he use to type that out?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I reckon the real mystery has to be how the Post Office only took 11 weeks to deliver the letter (assuming the date is correct and it's just arrived). Is this some kind of record? Is the postman the toast of the sorting office now, "Ernie, the Fastest Postie in the West"?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I wrote that for your eyes only!

:cry:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Dark
Underneath the Rock

What a overzealous c**t.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

EvilBastard wrote:I reckon the real mystery has to be how the Post Office only took 11 weeks to deliver the letter (assuming the date is correct and it's just arrived). Is this some kind of record? Is the postman the toast of the sorting office now, "Ernie, the Fastest Postie in the West"?
I've heard about a Christmas card that took over 100 years to arrive (it fell in a chimney IIRC) and others over 50 years (got lost between machines and cupboards I think). Never had anything that bad myself though :lol:

But I cannot read this handwriting, I'm afraid :oops: (says the one with a very legible handwriting :innocent: :lol: :oops:)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
aims
Overbomber

Erm, any chance of a transcription? I'm buggered if I can read that :|
Silver_Owl
The Don

Who's Mary :?:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

Hom_Corleone wrote:Who's Mary :?:
didn't you know that's what Mark gets up to on the weekends when he's away from here?
Motz wrote:Erm, any chance of a transcription? I'm buggered if I can read that :|
ditto :roll:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

Oh! and I got a book from a strange Belgian Bloke today, what was he thinking of? ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

James Blast wrote:Oh! and I got a book from a strange Belgian Bloke today, what was he thinking of? ;D
't was the Nac Mac Feegle! Really! ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
mh
Above the Chemist

Just saw something about a Cat of Nine Tails in there. Brrrrr. Not too sure a transcription would be wise.

Unless it gives us an excuse to do Pirates again! Arrrrr.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

good GRIEF, children, it's perfectly readable.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

emilystrange wrote:good GRIEF, children, it's perfectly readable.
Aha, a volunteer? ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Silver_Owl
The Don

Obviousman wrote:
Aha, a volunteer? ;D
ONly a teacher :wink: or a GP could decipher that. Or Tom Hanks in the Da Vinci code. :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
scotty
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
Aha, a volunteer? ;D
ONly a teacher :wink: or a GP could decipher that. Or Tom Hanks in the Da Vinci code. :D
If Zeno needs 4 or 5 Vodkas to understand me, maybe a few drinks is what's needed to read this :!: :!:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

scotty wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:
Obviousman wrote: Aha, a volunteer? ;D
If Zeno needs 4 or 5 Vodkas to understand me, maybe a few drinks is what's needed to read this :!: :!:
You don't want to know what I need to decipher my own handwriting even :lol: I'm always very surprise my mail arrives round the world :eek: :lol:
Last edited by Obviousman on 07 Aug 2006, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

does anyone mind if i do it tomorrow? i only have 20 more mins, and am temping full time this week. sigh.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

You really want to do it? :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Take your time :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Dark
Underneath the Rock

It's all bollocks about how we should still be beating kids as "a deterrent", and how the Government should, and I quote, (because I can read it) "get back to the Holy Scriptures for instruction in righteousness and not lean on their own understanding".

So a rough translation would be "Don't write laws based on what we know now, base right and wrong on the nth translation of a book written thousands of years ago by ill-educated people who didn't know any better."

Yes, that's a good way of running a country, isn't it? </oozing scarcasm>
robertzombie
Overbomber

where do you work Markfiend? Number 10? :P
Petseri
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
Aha, a volunteer? ;D
Or the person who wrote it.
mh
Above the Chemist

Just had a very brief scan through.

Obviously deranged. This kind of person needs help more than anything else.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
aims
Overbomber

Dark wrote:"get back to the Holy Scriptures for instruction in righteousness and not lean on their own understanding".
Right. Because our interpretation of sources is somehow more credible than our interpretation of experience. Obviously.
mh
Above the Chemist

Motz wrote:
Dark wrote:"get back to the Holy Scriptures for instruction in righteousness and not lean on their own understanding".
Right. Because our interpretation of sources is somehow more credible than our interpretation of experience. Obviously.
Well obviously. We can't have people making up their own minds about things, now. :urff: