Blade Runner fans

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

When I was down in LA for this year's (and seemingly last) E3 I made it a quest to find ...

Check it out !!!!

The "entrance" to JF Sebastian's place !

and right across the street is the building they used for the interiors known as the Brabury Building.

and the tunnel, well the outside of it :wink:

End of line.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

I am not a fan but...pictures well taken! 8)
"as we walk on the floodland"
Big Si
School Bully

:eek:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
jay

Fantastic. Didn't realise that building was in LA.

I visited Deckards pad whilst wandering above Sunset Strip...
http://www.brmovie.com/Locations/Ennis_Brown_House.htm
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

spot778

I would've done that too (Decker's apt), but I just had the one afternoon to myself. Maybe next year !

PS Brabury building is on 3rd and Broadway.
End of line.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

PureDeadBrilliantByTheWay

:notworthy:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
James Blast
Banned

Doesn't The Bradbury look like a rather nice place, sans the blue/white search lights and all that rain?
Still, the original (and not 'The Director's Cut') is a legend of cinema.

Yes, very nice pics. :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

Never really liked the film, sorry.

Ma'grit likes it though.............but she doesn't like Halloween :roll:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

Must. Resist. Quoting. Monologue.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time - to die.

</geekiness>

Cool photos. 8)
Grison
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:Doesn't The Bradbury look like a rather nice place, sans the blue/white search lights and all that rain?

Too bad there isn´t a proper DVD available of the original cinema release
I´ve got one that´s converted from a laserdisc, not perfect, but I rather watch that one than the "directors crap".
James Blast
Banned

nick the stripper wrote:Attack ships on fire
Attack ships on fire ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Grison wrote:
James Blast wrote:Doesn't The Bradbury look like a rather nice place, sans the blue/white search lights and all that rain?

Too bad there isn´t a proper DVD available of the original cinema release
I´ve got one that´s converted from a laserdisc, not perfect, but I rather watch that one than the "directors crap".
There should be a definitive collection out soon(ish) with the original, directors cut (yeah right) and a new Ridley version. Might even contain the fantastic Ch4 documentory on the history of the film, which in itself is fascinating.
&#8206;"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

weebleswobble wrote:Might even contain the fantastic Ch4 documentory on the history of the film, which in itself is fascinating.
Ooh I hope so. 8)

Nice pictures too spot :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ruffers
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:directors cut (yeah right)
Not quite getting the (yeah right) - what's the story?
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Silver_Owl
The Don

So is the general consensus the voice over version is superior? Or the non-voiceover version?
Apparently Ford hated the voiceover - I personally think it makes the film.
But the Directors cut has the non-happy ending :urff:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:So is the general consensus the voice over version is superior? Or the non-voiceover version?
I f**king hate that voiceover!! I really do. :twisted: To me it just sounds silly and intrusive and puts a damper on a stunningly atmospheric film. The director's cut is probably my favourite film ever. And I love the non-happy ending. Er, nice photos by the way. :notworthy:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Andrew S wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:So is the general consensus the voice over version is superior? Or the non-voiceover version?
I f**king hate that voiceover!! I really do. :twisted: To me it just sounds silly and intrusive and puts a damper on a stunningly atmospheric film. The director's cut is probably my favourite film ever. And I love the non-happy ending. Er, nice photos by the way. :notworthy:
I wish this bloody DVD would hurry up so I can reassess my opinions. :(
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The "happy ending" was just tagged on using unused footage from The Shining IIRC. The voiceover I can take or leave. On the whole I prefer the "director's cut".
a website I remember reading yonks ago wrote:In the original version, Deckard isn't a replicant. In the director's cut, he is.
Go figure. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

I'm with the Don on this one: original, voiceover, non replicant, happy ending ;D
~ Peter Steele
Doktor Gott

markfiend wrote:The "happy ending" was just tagged on using unused footage from The Shining IIRC. The voiceover I can take or leave. On the whole I prefer the "director's cut".
a website I remember reading yonks ago wrote:In the original version, Deckard isn't a replicant. In the director's cut, he is.
Go figure. :lol:
Right on all counts s far as I know..

I actually saw the directors cut first and have only seen bits of the original..

Much prefer the darker directors version as its such a bleak film ultimately.. almost begs the question, how many people left on earth are actually human?
I give you the finger but you want the whole hand...
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pbase.com/gottdammerung/galleries
spot778

This is all we know about the Region 1 DVD release
Warner homevid has disentangled "Blade Runner's" famously thorny rights issues to pave the way for a September reissuereissue of the remastered "Director's Cut" version, followed by a theatrical release of a version promised to be truly Ridley ScottRidley Scott's final cut.

Warner's rights to "Blade Runner" lapsed a year ago, but the studio has since negotiated a long-term license. The pic, now considered a sci-fi classic, has had a troubled history from the start: When Scott ran overbudget, completion bond guarantors took control of it and made substantial changes before its 1982 theatrical release, adding a voiceovervoiceover and happy ending. That version was replaced by the much better-received director's cut in 1992, but Scott has long been unhappy with it, complaining that he was rushed and unable to give it proper attention.

The helmer started working on the final cut version in 2000, but that project was shelved by Warner soon after, apparently because the studio couldn't come to terms with Jerry Perenchio over rights issues.

The restored "Director's Cut" will debut on homevid in September, and remain on sale for four months only, after which time it will be placed on moratorium. "Blade Runner: Final Cut" will arrive in 2007 for a limited 25th anniversary theatrical run, followed by a special edition DVD with the three previous versions offered as alternate viewing: Besides the original theatrical version and director's cut, the expanded international theatrical cut will be included. The set will also contain additional bonus materials.

The massive "Blade Runner" project comes on the heels of Scott's four-disc treatment for "Kingdom of Heaven," released this week by Fox homevid, less than a year after the pic's initial homevid release.
I really wish that they would throw one of the workprints on it too but hopefully that will be included in the "ultimate" cut.

I don't agree with the directors cut making Deckard a replicant but I agree with everything else in it. Although I don't like the voice over I do like the info it contained as it touches on the book. The book is a great read and its very seldom I have ever seen a book and movie go hand in hand with each other what the book lacks the movie has and vice versa.

It's the only vision of the future that I want to live in ;D
End of line.
robertzombie
Overbomber

I've never seen it, but I would like to...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Doktor Gott wrote:almost begs the question, how many people left on earth are actually human?
The Blade Runner squad are almost certainly all "skin jobs" I reckon, for a start; at least Gaff must be because of the unicorn thing.

J F and Tyrell are probably "real" humans, as is the eye-man*.

But that's a recurring theme of PKD's work isn't it? What the nature of reality is, whether our perceptions are "really" real, what does "human" mean, etc.

Edit to add: * The eye-man reminds me; the whole film on one level is about eyes; "I've seen such things with these eyes of yours", the way the light reflects in the owl's (and so many people's/replicants') eyes, the way Batty - without wishing to put a spoiler in for rz - concludes his conversation with Tyrell, and many more.

You really don't want to get me started on this :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

ruffers wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:directors cut (yeah right)
Not quite getting the (yeah right) - what's the story?
There are a number of different versions of the film floating about. This cut while entiled 'Directors Cut' was simply another version. it is not the definitive vision of Ridley and he himself has questioned the validity of the title.

Read Future Noir - The Making of Blade Runne by Paul M. Sammon.

A fantastic history of the whole saga.
&#8206;"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Doktor Gott

markfiend wrote:
You really don't want to get me started on this :lol:
Definitely not.. but the lack of the empathy boxes does make it miss a little point - i.e who is human - I think that's the point of the book really (I read it over a decade ago so I'm fuzzy on it) that people are no longer people.. hence the desire to own real animals and the need for empathy from other sources..

Definitely must reread it again!
I give you the finger but you want the whole hand...
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pbase.com/gottdammerung/galleries