Gary Marx - Like Low Life

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Is this section only open to discuss Von's lyrics? Been listnin to the free Gary Marx sampler CD, and one of the tracks on it, called 'Like Low Life' has intrigued me, especially this section:

While Craig leads the black sheep parade
Che Guevera in stolen shades
With his mace and a home-made grenade

The song is obviously about drugs (full lyrics can be found at www.garymarx.com )
But this verse seems to refer to Craig adams, who had a penchant for wearing shades and a beret-type hat. The more I hear this song, the more it seems to be about taking drugs in Leeds in the early years of the sisters. Perhaps Gary is implying that Craig was the main drug user? (Leading the 'Black sheep parade' onto drugs?)

The lyrics are very Von-like, I can picture Von belting this song out.

Not a bad tune, either.
Gazza for England manager
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Craig has laways been more of a booze man - judging by the some of the stories from the '99 Resurrection tour. So I'm not sure if this actually refers to him.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Karst wrote:Craig has laways been more of a booze man - judging by the some of the stories from the '99 Resurrection tour. So I'm not sure if this actually refers to him.
When you played here in Cape Town in could hardly stand :?

He resorted to sitting on the stage, drinking red wine with his base guitar between his legs
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

I'm not trying to stir s**t up, or start any wild rumours about Craig being a drug hound. Maybe the 'Che Guevara in stolen shades' bit refers to Von?
Gazza for England manager