Bauhaus @ The Forum 7th August

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
bananacamel
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Anyone seeing Bauhaus this evening? :notworthy: :D :lol:

I'm getting very excited 8) :D :lol:
I've got a mind like a poisonous fish...
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Nope, but I am going to see them this very Wednessday on the Lokerse Feesten. Keep us posted 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Obviousman wrote:Nope, but I am going to see them this very Wednessday on the Lokerse Feesten.
:eek: Me too!!! :wink:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

No kiddin' :P
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

libby wrote:
Obviousman wrote:Nope, but I am going to see them this very Wednessday on the Lokerse Feesten.
:eek: Me too!!! :wink:
I was about to but hey it's not priority nr. 1 on Wednesday.
So I'm not... :wink:

Hope you all have fun at Bouwhuis. :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

bananacamel wrote:Anyone seeing Bauhaus this evening? :notworthy: :D :lol:

I'm getting very excited 8) :D :lol:
Ya lucky FUD.............enjoy!!! :D
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
James Blast
Banned

Yer in fer a treat Z Image
Revr'nd Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
radiojamaica
Overbomber

it's gonna be a Heartland Contintal Thing, that night with Bauhaus & The Cramps in the faraway town of Lokeren 8) Libby & Joeri, Zeno, Christophe, moi, ... Will you attend this soiree, Izzy/Frederik/Stefan/Dave/...?
Anyone who wants to join us: find the bar! We'll be there...

Tonite Peter Hook is doing a Quiffboy in Lokeren: he will be in charge of the Technics SL 1200's! 8) Let's hope it won't be a blue monday...
in dub we trust
wild bill buttock

Not going.Only wish I was.They were fan-fooking-tastic in February!! :notworthy: :notworthy:
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
radiojamaica
Overbomber

and this time around: some new songs :D Ooooh....
in dub we trust
bananacamel
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Great gig, everyone was up for it, band, crowd, and especially the guy next to me, that seemed to think the band could hear him if he shouted loud enough :x (He couldn't and they didn't) :lol:

Trying to remember the set list, from what I remember it was pretty much the set they've been playing in support of NiN, plus a bit

If you're on DaD then you can download lots of Bauhaus in The USA.

This isn't in the right order, but you get the idea, played for over 90mins :notworthy:

Double Dare
In The Flat Field
God In An Alcove
She's In Parties
Adrenaline (New Song)
Severance (Dead can Dance Cover)
Silent Hedges
Endless Summer of the Damned (New Song)
Kick In The Eye
In Fear Of Fear
Rosegarden Funeral Of Sores
Stigmata Martyr
Hair Of The Dog (No Guitar, as Danny boy had a broken string)
Dark Entries
Hollow Hills
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Transmission/St Vitus Dance (Joy Division)
Bela Lugosi's Dead

Just hope I didn't miss anything out, twas good, very very good :D :lol:
I've got a mind like a poisonous fish...
mh
Above the Chemist

Good to hear you enjoyed it.

They do put on a good show, don't they?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:it's gonna be a Heartland Contintal Thing, that night with Bauhaus & The Cramps in the faraway town of Lokeren 8) Libby & Joeri, Zeno, Christophe, moi, ... Will you attend this soiree, Izzy/Frederik/Stefan/Dave/...?
Anyone who wants to join us: find the bar! We'll be there...

Tonite Peter Hook is doing a Quiffboy in Lokeren: he will be in charge of the Technics SL 1200's! 8) Let's hope it won't be a blue monday...
unfortunately I'll be leaving on holliday wednesday morning. Detonation boulevard to turkey :lol: :lol: Have fun :von:
MUSICA È
the-happening

bananacamel wrote:Great gig, everyone was up for it, band, crowd, and especially the guy next to me, that seemed to think the band could hear him if he shouted loud enough :x (He couldn't and they didn't) :lol:

Trying to remember the set list, from what I remember it was pretty much the set they've been playing in support of NiN, plus a bit

If you're on DaD then you can download lots of Bauhaus in The USA.

This isn't in the right order, but you get the idea, played for over 90mins :notworthy:

Double Dare
In The Flat Field
God In An Alcove
She's In Parties
Adrenaline (New Song)
Severance (Dead can Dance Cover)
Silent Hedges
Endless Summer of the Damned (New Song)
Kick In The Eye
In Fear Of Fear
Rosegarden Funeral Of Sores
Stigmata Martyr
Hair Of The Dog (No Guitar, as Danny boy had a broken string)
Dark Entries
Hollow Hills
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Transmission/St Vitus Dance (Joy Division)
Bela Lugosi's Dead

Just hope I didn't miss anything out, twas good, very very good :D :lol:
Twas a great gig although the sound was a little flat preferred Brixton for that and it would have been nice to have heard Terror Couple, must say you got home quick or did you post in the internet cafe over the road?
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
smileygoffs
Road Kill

Well..we've been to Lokeren yesterday and I must say that seeing Bauhaus play last night has made us value the Sissies even more. The same goes for a "Sisters audience". Despite them playing a couple of good versions of their classics it still left me feeling that these guys are OLD..and tired...and pretty full of it.. You don't walk away from an audience the way they did..despite any technical problems you might have.

There were a lot of people that weren't that bothered with them playing and didn't really get into the gig..which made me realise that Von and co did one heck of a better job last year.

The Cramps rocked like a motherfucker though...;-) :notworthy:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

We didn't get that much of a proper setlist in Lokeren :(

Just about eight songs and a cut in the middle of the fifth or so, sound problems and all that 'Guitar doesn't work, so see you later, if it will be repaired at all, in which case good night' :eek:

Quite liked their act on stage though! They've got an enourmous 'cool'!

Cramps were completely crazy and positively good, by the way. But probably the main reason for the sound trouble as they were on for much longer than initially planned, apparently :lol:

Great to meet all the lovely Heartlanders again, though :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

smileygoffs wrote:Well..we've been to Lokeren yesterday and I must say that seeing Bauhaus play last night has made us value the Sissies even more. The same goes for a "Sisters audience". Despite them playing a couple of good versions of their classics it still left me feeling that these guys are OLD..and tired...and pretty full of it.. You don't walk away from an audience the way they did..despite any technical problems you might have.

There were a lot of people that weren't that bothered with them playing and didn't really get into the gig..which made me realise that Von and co did one heck of a better job last year.

The Cramps rocked like a motherfucker though...;-) :notworthy:
They might be old, but somehow they've 'conserved' themselves better, I think. E.g. Peter Murphy's still got a voice :lol:

But indeed, :von: did a better job, even the mosh was only about 6-10 people. Not a good sign I'd say :| :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
libby

The Bauhaus concert yesterday was indeed disappointing :(
It never became a decent gig.
We could only taste what these guys are still able to
and I think that's quite a lot!
After the technical problems the sound was clear and strong and it sounded all very promising for the rest of the show.
Unfortunately, the band left the stage after a few more songs.
Nevertheless, I definitely want to see them again in better circumstances.
Hearing them play 'The passion of lovers' and 'Ziggy Stardust' made the sorrow of a missed chance a little less.

The Cramps on the other hand gave away a fantastic rock show.
Dangerously bizarre but most of all very cool 8)

But the best of all was of course meeting up with our sweet heartlanders :D

Christophe, if you're able to see Bauhaus at M'era Luna, keep us informed please!
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Indeed.

The Cramps rocked like a muthafucker :twisted: Lux Interior must be the maddest man around! And Poison Ivy... well, a big YUMMY is in place :eek: :notworthy: 8) Loads of old tunes (TV set, The Mad Daddy, The Way I Walk, Caveman, Goo Goo Muck,...), some newer stuff (Wrong Way Ticket to Hell) and no Human Fly on the setlist. Goooood setlist. Lux needed a few bottles of wine (which he trashed on stage/drank inna r'n'r style/used as a tool to rip his latex pants) and at least 3 mic-stands (let's just say, he was in a thrashing mood :innocent: ) to get to the end of the show. ROCK 'N ROLL!!!

Bauhaus were pretty impressive when they took the stage, theatrical as ever and started the usual setlist (as on the NIN-tour). But, Zeno & Libby said it already: they stopped very sudden after 6 or so songs. Technical stuff... Which was very sad. Daniel Ash & Peter Murphy looked pretty pissed off about it, but they came back for a few more songs ("to make it up to us" :? ). I remember a thrashing version of Transmission/St Vitus Dance/Transmission and the lovely pair of Telegram Sam & Ziggy Stardust to finnish it all off.
Apparently, DannyBoy & Peter weren't getting along very much and decided to take their beef backstage. And we stood there, foolishly waiting/hoping for more... Let's hope we haven't seen the last of Bauhaus :(

All in all, another Top Nite Out with the extended Heartland family :D Even though we left outrageously early this time, but some people have to work in the morning... :innocent:
in dub we trust
libby

radiojamaica wrote:Indeed.

The Cramps rocked like a muthafucker :twisted: Lux Interior must be the maddest man around! And Poison Ivy... well, a big YUMMY is in place :eek: :notworthy:

There's more yummy on www.lokersefeesten.be :wink:
libby

@ Koen

I made her my new avatar to make it up to you for the loss of Eddie Vedder :lol: and because Poison Ivy is the coolest girl I've ever seen on stage :notworthy:
Girl Power!!!!!
James Blast
Banned

Girl, girl!? She's older than me! :eek:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
9while9
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Girl, girl!? She's older than me! :eek:
But tomorrow you will be a year older..... :eek: :P :D

Early HBD..............ya FUD..... :lol: :notworthy: :lol:
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

James Blast
Banned

Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga ( whichever you prefer ).
have you not noticed the extra spaces in there yet? :innocent:

Erse! ;D
~ Peter Steele
9while9
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga ( whichever you prefer ).
have you not noticed the extra spaces in there yet? :innocent:

Erse! ;D
I like a little room to move, if you don't mind :roll: ........Birthday Boi. :lol: