The Faces of Sarah

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

Is it me, or aren't they bloody good?

Been giving Tool's '10000 Days' a break from the CD player of late, and dug out the TFOS "Impurity" ep. Loved it when it was released, but now it's growing to monumental proportions. "Keep Breathing", "Song for Kali" and "All I want" are now hereby enshrined in my little temple of "g*th epics".

Just thought I should mention them cos there's a new album out soon, and I think there'll be a few people around here who'd like them, if they've not heard them already.

Just listen to the bloody bass on "Song for Kali"....
http://www.unsignedbandweb.com/music/pl ... =song_hifi

Enjoy!
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
eotunun
Overbomber

I only know "All That Is Divine" by them. and yes, it is deffo a very good one.
:notworthy:
And thanks for reminding me of them. Got to take a look what they are up to now.
There is shadow under this red rock
wild bill buttock
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yep,Faces of Sarah are tremendous and even better live.
They played our little goth night in Wolverhampton in February and were by far the best band we've ever had there http://www.thegiffardarms.co.uk/gallery ... index.html
Great bunch of geezers as well,and spent the night after the gig joining in that great Black country tradition of getting spannered on a Saturday night!They've already been booked to do New years eve for us as well.
They were doing a new album which was being produced by someone out of The Nefilim(Not Mr McC though).
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
SomeKindOfStranger

yep - damn fine band.
I have the '24' album and 'misery' EP - both are rarely off of my playlist.

only saw them once at Gotham festival in London - dueted with Candia from Inkubus Sukubus on Misery Turns. top show
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

Haven't had the chance to see em myself... I think the closest they've ever played being at least 200 miles away!

Both 24 and Misery Turns were brilliant, but the "Impurity" Ep blows them both out of the water. Why they're not headlining Brixton Academy (for example) I just do not know.

Hey ho.
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
zippy
Road Kill

Muppet wrote:Haven't had the chance to see em myself... I think the closest they've ever played being at least 200 miles away!

Both 24 and Misery Turns were brilliant, but the "Impurity" Ep blows them both out of the water. Why they're not headlining Brixton Academy (for example) I just do not know.

Hey ho.
Looks good band,will they play in Hereford?
Am a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside a enigma
Cruel Brit@nnia
Road Kill

Howdo...this will be my first post, so Hi to you all!

I was referred to this forum by Wild Bill Buttock, a Heartland member and guinness-soaked regular at my goth night in Wolverhampton*

He's probably told you all about Hex In The City so I won't bother for now.

Apart from the band themselves, I'm probably well enough informed to tell you what The Faces Of Sarah are up to at the moment seeing as among other things, I look after their website...

They've just come out of the studio from recording their next album, Lament. It was recorded & produced by ex-Nefilim guitarist Paul Miles & will be released on Malicious Damage Records (Killing Joke, The Orb) on October 31st.
From sneak previews of the album that I've heard, it will not disappoint anyone who's new to them or familiar with their old material.

Watch for upcoming news on it all at www.facesofsarah.com .

*An urban myth states that Wild Bill & I actually first met whilst dyke-baiting at a K D Lang concert at a working man's club in Nedge Hill, Telford; we happened to both start laughing at the same time at a short round woman who was not unlike Michael Winner/Ronnie Corbett in facial features. This is of course, completely untrue. K D Lang has never played in Telford. It was Ipswich.
James Blast
Banned

WBB is a fine chap in my book, so welcome Cruel Brit@nnia :D

and... I nearly married that 'Michael Winner/Ronnie Corbett in facial features' woman, so please behave! :twisted: :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Badlander
Overbomber

Cruel Brit@nnia wrote: He's probably told you all about Hex In The City so I won't bother for now.
He probably did, but I wasn't listening. :P

Hello and welcome to HL. :notworthy: 8)
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hello, good morning and welcome to Cruel Brit@nnia 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I like you, Cruel. You can stay.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Welcome Cruel Brit@nnia Ya Fud!
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
wild bill buttock

James Blast wrote:WBB is a fine chap in my book, so welcome Cruel Brit@nnia :D

and... I nearly married that 'Michael Winner/Ronnie Corbett in facial features' woman, so please behave! :twisted: :lol:
I am truly moved to tears by Mr Blast's kind words. :cry:

Perhaps you might like to join Cruel brit and myself on our next Dyke baiting expedition.

@Cruel Brit@nnia;Who the f**k booked that crap tribute band for Halloween? :evil: No wonder you're going to Whitby,ya crafty git.Bet Barrie will be delighted :wink:
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
SomeKindOfStranger

Welcome Cruel Brit@nnia :D

and thanks for the FoS info - much appreciated.
Cruel Brit@nnia
Road Kill

Thanks to you all, I feel quite warm inside. But then the missus has been suffering a bit with the 'rusty water demon' too..

Ozzmosis had bugger all to do with me, it was something that Wendy had booked some months ago, ergo my rapid saving up for a trip oop North East.

Wendy the landlady has been asking me what would go down well at Hex. I deferred from the obvious answer and mentioned bands. So I'll be having Wendy in a half Nelson over a barrel for money over the next few weeks...