The Daughters of Bristol

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:
biggy wrote:first Lily Allen & now this set of daft c**t. Myspace can just f**k right off.
Man, you just hate everything, don't you? Every time I see you post it's just RAAARRRHGGGHHHGGGH SMASH s**t UP HATEHATEHATE. You should go play with some puppies or something. It might calm you down.

On topic: The Daughters of Bristol elicit a very profound 'meh' from me. That's all: meh.
We need a grumpy auld c**t like biggy for balance..........to many smiley happy GOFFS here :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

Hey, I guess it could have been a worse name....

if they're taking English port areas / cities / regions as their inspiration.......

How about

"The Daughters of Mersey"

Sorry....
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
mh
Above the Chemist

Don't forget female relatives.

So it becomes "The Grannies of Dover".
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Hexenstübchen
Road Kill

The band have made music. And made it accessible and affordable. If any non-musicians have a problem with any aspects of that statement, then you have a problem.
Dr Poo
Amphetamine Filth

I second that. There are too many self righteous tw@ts around here.
ruffers
Overbomber

Hexenstübchen wrote:The band have made music. And made it accessible and affordable. If any non-musicians have a problem with any aspects of that statement, then you have a problem.
I don't see anyone having a problem with that.

The band have made music. And made it accessible and affordable. Good for them, that doesn't mean I have to like it. And if the band are too sensitive to take that criticism then I suggest they need to toughen up a bit.

Welcome by the way :wink:
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Dr Poo wrote:I second that. There are too many self righteous tw@ts around here.

Fud Alert
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Hexenstübchen wrote:The band have made music. And made it accessible and affordable. If any non-musicians have a problem with any aspects of that statement, then you have a problem.
I have many problems, but this is not one of them.........NEXT!
mh
Above the Chemist

No problems whatsoever with any aspect of that, and full respect for doing that.

Whether or not one likes the music is purely a matter of personal opinion (Daniel O'Donnell also makes accessible and affordable music, for instance), and some innocent jokes about the bands name are really par for the course around here (thick skins are pretty much required). Even Von doesn't get away from those.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

sultan2075 wrote:
Man, you just hate everything, don't you? Every time I see you post it's just RAAARRRHGGGHHHGGGH SMASH s**t UP HATEHATEHATE. You should go play with some puppies or something. It might calm you down.

I love puppies.
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
Hexenstübchen
Road Kill

biggy wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:

I love puppies.
Hush ...
scotty
Overbomber

biggy wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:

I love puppies.
And how do you like your puppies biggy..............boiled or fried? :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
distanceovertime
Road Kill

The Daughters Of Bristol are probably the best gothic rock band of the XXI century.
Its strange, this forum is full of people who think that the best age of The Sisters are the 84-85 but hey they arent goth, you can be sure about it :lol:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

distanceovertime wrote:The Daughters Of Bristol are probably the best gothic rock band of the XXI century.
Its strange, this forum is full of people who think that the best age of The Sisters are the 84-85 but hey they arent goth, you can be sure about it :lol:
Goth? What pray tell is that?

;D
Dark
Underneath the Rock

distanceovertime: Just remember, the unwritten rule (sadly) appears to be "Thou shalt not like a new goth band with the naming convention "The <plural noun> Of <singular noun>""

Me, I like 'em. :lol:

And I like 1983-84 Sisters. Shame I wasn't born to see it. ;)
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dark wrote:distanceovertime: Just remember, the unwritten rule (sadly) appears to be "Thou shalt not like a new goth band with the naming convention "The <plural noun> Of <singular noun>""
Well, at least I dodged that particular bullet... :innocent:
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Snakes
Road Kill

smiscandlon wrote:
Not bad, just derivative.
Agreed. Theres also a bit in "take you away" that delivery/phrasing wise thats very much like the singer from Acid Bath...
Snakes
Road Kill

But i dont dislike it......
Thea
Overbomber

biggy wrote:first Lily Allen & now this set of daft c**t. Myspace can just f**k right off.
Ahhhh... a sane voice in a world gone mad 8)
PipoTheClown
Amphetamine Filth

For those of you who R beyond help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh8IXhWtqA0

:wink:
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

The JR7 likes. Lots. :von:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

PipoTheClown wrote:For those of you who R beyond help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh8IXhWtqA0

:wink:
The weebles had a chortle :lol:
&#8206;"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:The JR7 likes. Lots. :von:
He's ba-ack ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

'mommy i finished my hamburgers, can i go to Bill & Ted now, doing a sisters imitation'?

'sure son, i got some stoopid clothes for ya kept under the bed'

'yeaaah!'
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

you can also try this out

2 nd track isn t bad at all

http://www.myspace.com/afterduskband