Favourite Hawkwind LP

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Favourite Hawkwind LP

Hawkwind
8%
X In Search of Space
8%
Doremi Fasol Latido
No votes
Space Ritual
38%
Hall of the Mountain Grill
15%
Warrior on the Edge of Time
31%

Total votes: 13
mh
Above the Chemist

I've restricted it to the "classic" UA LPs because they're the most easily found, with the criminal exception of Warrior...

Mine is Warrior on the Edge of Time, btw, but that's mainly because of the monster 2 opening tracks.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

The big one with all the ace tracks on it. Hold on...
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Oi loikes WOTEOT, but I think Electric Teepee has got some good tracks too.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Nope, Jamie must've reclaimed it. Double-album, probably a compilation, naked lady on front, fookin' ace. Never listenend to whilst not off tits.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I like all the ones I've heard :|
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
mh
Above the Chemist

Planet Dave wrote:Nope, Jamie must've reclaimed it. Double-album, probably a compilation, naked lady on front, fookin' ace. Never listenend to whilst not off tits.
Space Ritual.

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

mh wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:Nope, Jamie must've reclaimed it. Double-album, probably a compilation, naked lady on front, fookin' ace. Never listenend to whilst not off tits.
Space Ritual.

Bullseye! Nice work mh. Best go vote, I suppose.
James Blast
Banned

How did I miss this!!!?

I went for HOTMG because it was the first one I bought, really I'd have to add in Space Ritual, Doremi Fasol Latido, WOTEOT, PXR-5 and last but certainly not least The 1999 Roadshow*. Bits of ASAM and QSAC have their moments, then it all went tits oop IMO.

*I did furnish you with 'an evaluation copy' didn't I Michael?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

James Blast wrote:*I did furnish you with 'an evaluation copy' didn't I Michael?
I don't believe so. And I should have something coming my way shortly, which, all going well, should be coming your way not too long after. :wink:
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Toss up between The 1999 Roadshow, Space Ritual and WOTEOFT

But Warrior wins, I agree with mh, the opening one two punch is AWESOME !
End of line.
James Blast
Banned

I'm listening to an 'evaluation copy' from mh right now, Opa-Loka has two basses on it, so that get's a Blast Image

PS. it also stalls for 2 seconds, about 2 secs into it mh :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Grison
Road Kill

mh wrote:I've restricted it to the "classic" UA LPs because they're the most easily found, with the criminal exception of Warrior...

Mine is Warrior on the Edge of Time, btw, but that's mainly because of the monster 2 opening tracks.
What, in space´s name, has made EMI to forget WOTEOT in the Hawkwind Re Release program?
Is there any more "rare" stuff to be included than the "original" Motorhead that appeared as "b" side on Kings of speed?
I have it on the "Valium 10" 12"single (with a fantastic sound quality.)
James Blast
Banned

PM incoming Mats :D
~ Peter Steele
Grison
Road Kill

Answer sent, James :lol:
mh
Above the Chemist

James Blast wrote:I'm listening to an 'evaluation copy' from mh right now, Opa-Loka has two basses on it, so that get's a Blast Image

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

That is so not good! Something must be done, is all I can say. :wink:

I believe both of those basses are young Brock - Lemmy was well at war with "The Drum Empire" by then and refused to play.

It was never reissued owning to yet another "lost master tapes" travesty. That version came from the original vinyl master, courtesy of Griffin Records in Canada.
Grison
Road Kill

mh wrote:
James Blast wrote:I'm listening to an 'evaluation copy' from mh right now, Opa-Loka has two basses on it, so that get's a Blast Image

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

That is so not good! Something must be done, is all I can say. :wink:

I believe both of those basses are young Brock - Lemmy was well at war with "The Drum Empire" by then and refused to play.

It was never reissued owning to yet another "lost master tapes" travesty. That version came from the original vinyl master, courtesy of Griffin Records in Canada.

No point in paying like €25 for a copy then, when I have the vinyls...
mh
Above the Chemist

Grison wrote:No point in paying like €25 for a copy then, when I have the vinyls...
Well, if you can find this version of it (free book and all) it's well worth it.

James Blast
Banned

Thanks for clearing that up Michael, I still have the UA albums bought waaaaay back in the day (all in pristine condition I may add).
God I loved that band so much back then, and the magic of those years still lives.

the unmixed Silver Machine is just a kiss away...

and you will be horrified by just how bad it is, it's seriously awful...
but it is the basis of what became a No.2 hit IIRC
:innocent:
~ Peter Steele
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Space Ritual of course...is there not a Hawkwind forum though? :)
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
James Blast
Banned

Zuma wrote:is there not a Hawkwind forum though? :)
Fuck Off!!

its full of fuckin new age stoner hippies, nae fun
I expect... :innocent:
~ Peter Steele
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

was only asking... :innocent:
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
James Blast
Banned

Hehhhehhehhh

<---- me laffin'
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Zuma wrote:Space Ritual of course...is there not a Hawkwind forum though? :)
Bloody hippies don't appreciate the band properly - most likely only into the noodling.

Besides, in the grand tradition of derailing, why not derail the entire forum...! :lol:
mh
Above the Chemist

James Blast wrote:Thanks for clearing that up Michael, I still have the UA albums bought waaaaay back in the day (all in pristine condition I may add).
God I loved that band so much back then, and the magic of those years still lives.
Nae bothah.
James Blast wrote:the unmixed Silver Machine is just a kiss away...

and you will be horrified by just how bad it is, it's seriously awful...
but it is the basis of what became a No.2 hit IIRC
:innocent:
Is that with Bob Calvert on vocals?

Oh God, I've heard how dreadful it's supposed to be. :urff:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

mh wrote:Besides, in the grand tradition of derailing, why not derail the entire forum...! :lol:
I'm in :von: ;D :lol: :innocent:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr