Interesting Goth 3xCD+DVD

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
sistersvisions
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Found this on Play.com, while looking through the future releases.

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/RCS/3-/111 ... oduct.html

Thought it might intrest someone. :D

Some great tracks on it, plus a nice DVD.
I'm as rare as a wombats wingnut!
Badlander
Overbomber

I think this one was mentioned before. Perhaps even by me. :innocent:
This looks promising anyway. A nice anthology. 8)

Glad to see my posts get so much attention. :P
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Yeah.. I think this is the third mention of this box set.

When you could just buy equally good and interesting CDs from us.. :innocent:
davedecay

i saw someone selling "acetates" of this set on ebay... maybe they're CDRs, but they're most assuredly not acetates.
culprit

It got a good review in this months 'classic rock' magazine, 8/10.

Refers to the Sisters (whoever they are), Joy Division, etc. Normally these things get slated but this came out of it OK.

Anyone have it? Any thoughts...

I like the idea of getting a compilation so I don't have to keep digging out the vinyl.
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Dark
Underneath the Rock

davedecay wrote:i saw someone selling "acetates" of this set on ebay... maybe they're CDRs, but they're most assuredly not acetates.
Well, AFAIK, "acetates" can also refer to the CD equivalent of acetates, usually on CDR..

Unless this was also released on LP/LaserDisc as well as CD/DVD :lol:
Badlander
Overbomber

culprit wrote:Refers to the Sisters (whoever they are), Joy Division, etc. Normally these things get slated but this came out of it OK.

Anyone have it? Any thoughts...
IIRC it's from Rhino, which is one of the best reissue labels there is. They must have done a very good job. 8)
Badlander
Overbomber

Dark wrote: Unless this was also released on LP/LaserDisc as well as CD/DVD :lol:
I seem to remember that 25-30 years ago, long before Laserdisc, there was a project of video LP. Much like a vinyl album, but with video information instead of just audio information. :eek:
CommodoreRock
Amphetamine Filth

On the other thread about this, many were complaining that the selections only represented the more popular stuff and that some stuff really didn't belong, that some of the selections were not really goth. Assuming there is such a thing, it's worlds ahead of many of the other compilations out there. The Jesus and Mary Chain or Ministry or Einsturzende Neubauten might not be "goth," but certainly the flavor is there. But it certainly is mostly what I would put on such a compilation. For me, a compilation is not so much how deep or underground it goes; it is about whether they are good songs or not and do they have a good running order. It just might be that they got popular because they were among the few that actually deserved to do so.

I do, however, take to task their inclusion of AFI, even if it is a cover. They are, IMO, a not so good Warped Tour era skate "punk" band who use the "goth" look as their gimmick.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Interestingly the DVD has Lucretia (music video i presume) on it and Temple of Love is on disc 1.

Do the people that make the CD have to get Andy's permission to put these on? Surely he wouldn't want that!
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Nope. Warner own the lot, they can do what they like with the Sisters' songs.