Recommend me some early Genesis

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
bushman*pm
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

its still an old steaming pile of animal faeces tho!
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
wild bill buttock

bushman*pm wrote:its still an old steaming pile of animal faeces tho!
I will agree with you to an extent.most of ELP,Yes,and mid period floyd are dreadful cobblers.But early Genesis and King Crimson are ace.
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
James Blast
Banned

The Bruford, Cross, Fripp, Wetton line-up of King Crimson was one of the most oustanding and fearsome rock beasts that ever strode this planet!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Prog rock is not so bad. There were some amazing sounds and genuine experimentation going on. The majority of punks did not dislike prog, and actively respected bands like Hawkwind, King Crimson and VDGG who stuck to their guns and did their own thing with honesty and integrity.

You shouldn't be so quick to dismiss it, cos you'll miss out on a lot of genuinely great stuff!

:notworthy: @ Doktor Blast, once more!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
bushman*pm

:lol:
hawkwind are ok-ish, i saw them at a bike rally in 94 and i dunno if it was sunstroke, alcohol or the dr*gs, but it started off like a really bad trip but was ok by the end of the night!
:von:
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
steamhammerdave
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:The Bruford, Cross, Fripp, Wetton line-up of King Crimson was one of the most oustanding and fearsome rock beasts that ever strode this planet!
:roll:
What are we gonna do now then?
Eat the phone book...
James Blast
Banned

... and your question caller?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
thhell
Road Kill

I once recorded from radio a live performance of Lamb, which blew me away. Must have a look in the basement, and then find a tape recorder. On occasion I still listen to Gabriel's first four solo albums, some fine songs indeed. :)
Dust in the air suspended
Marks the place where a story ended
James Blast
Banned

or just ask... :innocent:
not me at the mo' I have a lot of Hawkwind that is flapping up ma kilt, sorry :|
~ Peter Steele