accents

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote:Whit man? That wiz pure sh!te therr!
wash oot yur mooth wee lassie :!: ;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Well, Surrey has it's own little coterie of garbled speakers..the type who pronounce house as "hayse", for example. I suppose that's what happens when one takes it too far the other way..
:|
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

DeWinter wrote:coterie of garbled speakers :|
Good Name for a Dodgy Goth Band :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DeWinter wrote:...the type who pronounce house as "hayse"...
:lol: Are they the lot that think that a crèche is what happens when two cars hit one anohter?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
aims
Overbomber

Is that some spooneristic analogue to 'Accidents in the back seat cause children'? :lol:
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I'm originally from Northern Ireland but have a bland Southern English accent. At least I've never picked up a real Devon accent.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Driven wrote:I'm originally from Northern Ireland but have a bland Southern English accent. At least I've never picked up a real Devon accent.
I quite like a west country accent myself. What ever happened to Pam Ayres and The Worzels? :lol:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

markfiend wrote:
:lol: Are they the lot that think that a crèche is what happens when two cars hit one anohter?
There's a thing up here about posh people in Edinburgh and Glasgow (although I think it refers more to somewhat pretentious, Hyacinth Bouquet types than anything) -

"Sex is what the coal comes in."
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

boudicca wrote:"Sex is what the coal comes in."
:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:
Exactly the type. They also have to live in houses called "The Gables" and "Willow Trees" when there is neither a gable nor willow tree in sight! About the same level as calling your house "Dunroamin'" which I would like to see made into a criminal offence. :evil:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

DeWinter wrote:Exactly the type. They also have to live in houses called "The Gables" and "Willow Trees" when there is neither a gable nor willow tree in sight! About the same level as calling your house "Dunroamin'" which I would like to see made into a criminal offence. :evil:
Off topic, but a work colleague's friend named her house after her grandparents, Pat and Ella. You guessed it, the house is now proudly adorned with the name "Patella".

Not sure whether that qualifies for :lol: or :roll: .
анархия
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I want to buy a wee place in the country and call it
  • fromage
I could say I lived in Cottage Cheese

coat, coat, coat ;D