Which cruxshadows album should I get?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I've been listening to a downloaded bunch of songs and now want to buy an album.

My favourate tracks are Winterborn, Deception and Ave maria.

What would be the best album to start with? With is their best? As can be seen from my fave tracks I like my poppy hooks! Nothing too dreary...

Any help would be great.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
christophe
Overbomber

Your a brave Girl, asking questions like that on a forum like this :P :lol:

I have most of them on mp3 and I quite like "the mystery of whisper" and "ethernaut" i wouldn't pay for them though.. they arn't worth it.
Another Shade of You.
eotunun
Overbomber

None. At least until they learn how to use a drumcomputer properly. Theirs sounds likeit was from a Mallorca dance community. :von:
There is shadow under this red rock
mh
Above the Chemist

christophe wrote:Your a brave Girl, asking questions like that on a forum like this :P :lol:
You're a brave man calling Robert a girl... :lol:

Unless this is the kinda "Bob" you mean:

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Don't... 8)
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
James Blast
Banned

what is a cruxshadow, please?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

christophe wrote:Your a brave Girl, asking questions like that on a forum like this :P :lol:

I have most of them on mp3 and I quite like "the mystery of whisper" and "ethernaut" i wouldn't pay for them though.. they arn't worth it.
FYI - I think Maisy is a guy....... ;D
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
9while9
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:what is a cruxshadow, please?

Apparently a performance consists of naps and synchronized dancing, neither of which I enjoy. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT6sGVsg ... ed&search= :roll:
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

James Blast
Banned

9while9 wrote:

Apparently a performance consists of naps and synchronized dancing, neither of which I enjoy. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT6sGVsg ... ed&search= :roll:
Dear God Almichty!
why didn't someone in that crowd punch Mr. Bumble Bee Jumper with Bad Hair's fuckin' lights out!?
I watched till the end, no one hit him.

I want my money back. :|

appendix#1
so that's a crotchshadow, I'll pass

thanks
Bastards one and all!
:D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I'm with James. What the fcuk is a cruxshadow? Actually, i don't think i want to know.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
9while9
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
9while9 wrote:

Dear God Almichty!
why didn't someone in that crowd punch Mr. Bumble Bee Jumper with Bad Hair's fuckin' lights out!?
I watched till the end, no one hit him.

I want my money back. :|

appendix#1
so that's a crotchshadow, I'll pass

thanks
Bastards one and all!
:D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

scotty
Overbomber

9while9 wrote:

:eek: :eek: I fuckin' love that :eek: :eek: great song :notworthy: I must hear more.
A tad GOFF for me (fuckin' GOFFS!!!) but I really liked the song 8) , I have to agree with The Barman though, he couldn't have carried on like that in The Edinburgh Venue circa 86 -90 without getting Banjo-ed :roll:

Cruxshadow gets a thumbs up fi me :wink:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
eotunun
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
9while9 wrote:

:eek: :eek: I fuckin' love that :eek: :eek: great song :notworthy: I must hear more.
A tad GOFF for me (fuckin' GOFFS!!!) but I really liked the song 8) , I have to agree with The Barman though, he couldn't have carried on like that in The Edinburgh Venue circa 86 -90 without getting Banjo-ed :roll:

Cruxshadow gets a thumbs up fi me :wink:
that Helen-video is nice 80ies pop-style. Wouldn´t turn it of if I heard it on the radio. Yet it probably wouldn´t make pay 29€ for the CD. It´s funny somehow how all elderly poppies turned into goffs with the passing of time..
...or did they jump the only train they could still catch?
wild bill buttock
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

On a couple of occasions I have tried to listen to the Grueshadows*.And twice I have found them to be unbelievably dull.Not crap, just boring as f**k(Notice the space after the comma there, Mr Blast).
Is it just me or do all these bands(Cruxshadows,London after midnight,Girls under glass,etc)all sound exactly the same?
In which case, the best Grueshadows album, Maisey, would be "Zyklus" by Girls under glass which actually is the less tedious recording made by any of these continental pop/goth/thingy bands.

*Grueshadows is the correct way of pronouncing Cruxshadows, they are named after these fearsome creatures http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Grue
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
eotunun
Overbomber

wild bill buttock wrote:*Grueshadows is the correct way of pronouncing Cruxshadows,
"Yes, it´s spelt Throatwobbler-Mangrove, but it´s pronounced as "smith"!"
:roll:
Cruel Brit@nnia
Road Kill

I'd probably suggest Ethernaut as the album to go for-the missus loves that one.

As much as I can take or leave them, there's no denying that they put on a bloody good show. We saw them a couple of years ago at Birmingham and whilst the other half and her mate were busy drooling over the singer, I have to admit that the dancer near me was particularly easy on the eye in an Angelina Jolie kind of way.
Multifaceted
Road Kill

Well, first of all, the Crüxshadows *are* extremely laughable. I don't find their lyrics all that great (ok, I find them hilarious), some of their music can sound same-y, and I never really cared for choreographed dancing.

A lot of people hate them not only for their music (which is like teeny-bopper "goth" to American kids who want to seem different--at least from experience), but also because of their personalities. I've once heard the lead singer does indeed "take things too seriously".

But secretly, I kind of like them...like I like a lot of diverse bands. :oops: It's music you listen to when you don't want to think too much. :lol:

Just going by those three songs, I'd say buy "frozen embers"-- two of the three songs you listed are on that CD, I believe.

Of course, said CD is mostly a remix CD. The Crüxshadows are basically the opposite of The Sisters--they churn out album after album, and then release a small CD full of remixes and one or two new songs in between every album. It's not really worth spending all that money... I get the impression they're just "milking their fame".
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Thabks folks, appriciated. I might keep listening to what I can find and see if I get inspired to actually buy anything...Helen is nice.
Is it just me or do all these bands(Cruxshadows,London after midnight,Girls under glass,etc)all sound exactly the same?
I object, LAM are excellent and quite unique.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
christophe
Overbomber

mh wrote:
You're a brave man calling Robert a girl... :lol:
Lol sorry about that Robert :lol:
I'm problably going to see them in October.
I have seen Girls under glass this summer, it was one of the worst gigs I have had to listen to. :urff: I hope The Cruxshadows will be beter. James Blast, I'll let you know how they are :wink:
Another Shade of You.
James Blast
Banned

hehehehe thankee, if they were as bad as that clip, you'd better punch his feckin' lights out fur me :twisted:
~ Peter Steele
9while9
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:hehehehe thankee, if they were as bad as that clip, you'd better punch his feckin' lights out fur me :twisted:
I agree, with those vocals the term Bitch Slap should be used..... :twisted: :innocent:

Thea
Overbomber

They're either a pile of lyin' cheatin' no-good goff-nonsence or have super-powers to be feared.
Saw 'em by accident (don'y ask...) and that violinist dropped her bow but kept playing! That singer's mouth didn't seem to be moving too close to the words of the song either... :roll:
James Blast
Banned

so they're the Madonnas of Goff?
~ Peter Steele
aims
Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote:They're either a pile of lyin' cheatin' no-good goff-nonsence or have super-powers to be feared.
Saw 'em by accident (don'y ask...) and that violinist dropped her bow but kept playing! That singer's mouth didn't seem to be moving too close to the words of the song either... :roll:
As I've just noticed while playing with my new toy (MIDI Controller ;)), various effects can cause an instrument to keep "playing" for a deceptively long period of time after stopping...they are an electronic band, so she could have been using a delay/reverb/slice unit?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

d00mw0lf wrote:Saw 'em by accident (don'y ask...)
Heh. Funnily enough, I've seen the Grueshadows (I like the 'remastered' name :lol: thanks wild bill) by accident too. A swift drinky after work in Joseph's Well, about 10 goffs turned up, we wondered "what are that lot doing here?" and discovered that they were playing. Funny, but for all the wrong reasons.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell