Temple of Love 92 bass tab

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Anyone know it? Is it that different from the original?

Ta.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Blaine
Road Kill

hi there, i'm a bassist (well, a rookie bassist) and I'd like to know that too... thanks 8)
Blaine
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

once again, PADDY??? :D :D :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Jim
Slight Overbomber

The call goes out.....
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

As far as I can tell, the actual bassline is simplified from the original, but some of the original bassline elements are now played by different instruments.

The main bassline is based around E,D and A. The only major difference is the chrous that is just a variation of the E,D,A with a little run on it. This is played by bass on the original and synth (by the sounds of it) on the 1992 version.

Just playing the original version and noticed that Craigs bassline varies a little from the 1992 version in as much as the verses are played E, G, A. Listen to both versions and you'll see what I mean.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Mein gott! you're right.

I'll dig out my bass synth and get cracking.
mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Don't think the 92 version differs very much.

Frankly it depends what you consider as the bassline on the 92 vers. - lots of stuff has migrated to synths (which frankly I regard as a DEPLORABLE policy of the modern sisters. But then I think that everything should be played on bass, including flute parts :D).

This is from a transcription of the original I made for Jim ages ago but somehow never managed to successfully send him

Bassline

Verse:

-------- -------- -------- --------
00000003 -3333335 -5555555 55555555

This part drops to single notes in synch. with the power chords played in the
first verse after the break ("In the black sky thunder sweeping
underground..."). Obviously this coincides with the single notes played during the
break.

Chorus:

77777777 57777777 00002233 ----0022
-------- -------- -------- 3333----

NB I'm sorry this doesn't line up quite well enough - I'm sure you'll all work it out, clever people that you are ;)
Very little of what you believe to be true is actually the case.

Sorry.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

That's the one! Ta very much.

I'll sooo post our version once it's done.

I know how you all like a laugh.