Your thoughts for nought ...please...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
atom
Road Kill

just cut and pasted this from the planetgong website and just wondered what the leanings were like in (un)gothsville toward these crazy kids... Gong 2006 presents
Gong UnConventional Gathering
a joyous full-moon conspiracy
Fri 3rd, Sat 4th, Sun 5th November
THE MELKWEG, AMSTERDAM
Press Release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GONG The most eccentric psychedelic band of the late sixties and early seventies. The original classic Gong line-up returns for the first time since 1977 when Steve Hillage and Miquette Giraudy re-join Daevid Allen, Gilli Smyth, Mike Howlett, Didier Malherbe and Tim Blake on-stage as the climax of 3 nights of classic Gong-style entertainment spread over the two halls ('The Max' and the 'Old Hall') of Amsterdam's world famous Melkweg.

UnCon 2006 One of the exceptional highlights will undoubtedly be the first performance since 1979 of the illustrious and iconic Steve Hillage Band.

Friday 3rd: The first night begins with Daevid Allen hosting an 'unplugged' set with friends from more than 45 years of music making, continues with the exquisite jazz world of the Hadouk Trio with Didier Malherbe, followed by the feminine side of Gong represented by Mothergong, featuring Gilli Smyth, Didier Malherbe and drummer Orlando Allen, the space-moving sounds of the Glissando Guitar Ensemble, free festival powerhouse Here & Now and the gloriously iconoclastic Acid Mothers Gong featuring revolutionary drummer Yoshida Tatsuya and members of Acid Mothers Temple.

Saturday 4th: On Saturday 'The Max' stage leads off with live sets from Slack Baba and Purusha, blasts through Eat Static and jams into the deep spiral grooves of System 7. Whilst the 'Old Hall' super-chills through a series of rare performances of Gong member's 'other' bands, culminating in an orchestrated jam session.

Sunday 5th: Sunday in 'The Max' kicks off with House of Thandoy featuring Mike Howlett and guest Theo Travis, then Daevid Allen's University of Errors, Kangaroo Moon, synthesizer legends Tim Blake and J.P. Rykiel with the music of Crystal Machine, the Steve Hillage Band and then Gong. It all ends with the mightiest of full-on Gong jams.

Old Hall: Throughout the three nights the 'Old Hall' will host stalls, impromptu music sessions, walkabout performers, rare films and memorabilia, a cafe and bar, jam sessions, a Daevid Allen book launch, and much, much more.

son et lumiere: Other delights include a Funktion-One Resolution 5 speaker system with Ambisonic surround sound installed especially for the event, along with custom lighting effects from Colour Sound Experiment and Antonio, and a unique Gong decor environment by Liquid Drops.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and now for something completely different...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Nice one, atom. 8)

I' ve heard about this fine gathering before from a co-worker who can't get enough of those spacy 70ties bands (Hawkwind being his numero uno, of course).
I might be tempted to check it out...
In the nineties I've seen System 7 with Steve Hillage & Miquette Giraudy a few times and wouldn't mind seeing them again. Same goes for Eat Static, but only with earplugs!
in dub we trust
James Blast
Banned

Gong, now yet talking! :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

there were teapot pixie lyrics written on the wall in the liverpool uni students' union toilets. it was my favourite cubicle
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Three days? :eek: :D :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
steamhammerdave
Road Kill

Aaahhhh - oh to relieve those heady days I experienced on Gong's first tour of the UK 8)

The Hadouk Trio are an exceptional band as well, some real middle-eastern vibes...
What are we gonna do now then?
Eat the phone book...