Hussey interview with D-SIDE

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Rise&Reverberate
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Short interview with WH includes a reference to the Sisters recent live activities...
...The Sisters Of Mercy still are alive on stage. Have you recently heard the band live, and how do you understand the way Andrew Eldritch pursues this adventure without publishing nothing new officially?
The last time I saw Andrew and SOM was at Mera Luna in 2001, I think it was, when we played on the same bill together. I saw a little, through all the smoke, of their show from side stage but drinking in the bar seemed like a far more fun proposition so I left after about 1 1/2 songs........I did see Andrew afterwards and that meeting is memorable if only because of the verbal exchange between Andrew and myself. Andrew: ‘We're just shadows of our former selves�, to which I replied “Speak for your soddin' self�. I think it's remarkable that Andrew has managed to maintain his mystique and the draw of SOM as a live band. Maybe that's the secret - don't release any new records. Certainly, if you don't release any new records then you can only be judged by what you have done in the past. As a live band I have heard nothing but bad reports from the last couple of tours, but then again, I don't think anyone who knows my past is going to say to me that they were brilliant. However, these same people who vow every time to never go and see them again are always the first in line for tickets when a new tour is announced. Good luck to Andrew. The music scene these days is bereft of characters like him and a less amusing landscape for it.
Rest of the interview here
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

thx for posting - obviously overead that one..

both are brilliant, in their own respective way. saw wayne a few weeks ago doing a solo set, which was fab. saw andrew a few times, which was great. go on.
love is just a shot away
eotunun
Overbomber

Without somebody who knows how to write decent songs, Wayne has produced a mere shade of what he he made when playing with the Sisters, too. They were a good team at their time. Well, Wayne has proven to be replaceable for the band. :wink:
There is shadow under this red rock
OverThe Rainbow
Road Kill

I think it's remarkable that Andrew has managed to maintain his mystique and the draw of SOM as a live band. Maybe that's the secret - don't release any new records. Certainly, if you don't release any new records then you can only be judged by what you have done in the past.

What a brillant theory :urff:
Пришел, увидел и ушел...
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Well, it is the only one that holds up at the moment.