Smurphs support Half Man Half Biscuit! Sept 21st!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

This fellow might be able to help

Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Nah, he'd be on Paddy's side. Note the hair colour - looks a touch ginger to me!

Now of course if we could persuade Paddy to dress all in pink... :D
Very little of what you believe to be true is actually the case.

Sorry.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

.....actually i hadnt mentioned it as it is someones Birfday doo and i wasnt sure of the eticate involved.... cats out of the bag now though ;)

Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Dear me Paddy, you think Sid would have been 'with the programme' before opening his mouth.

I'd kick him in the nuts if I were you.
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
twp
Amphetamine Filth

balls.....what to wear, my dukla prague away kit or tsom t-shirt.

as luck would have it my old leather jacket has both hmhb and tsom imagery

C
mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Ed Rhombus wrote:Dear me Paddy, you think Sid would have been 'with the programme' before opening his mouth.

I'd kick him in the nuts if I were you.
No-one tells me anything, I'm just the singer!

I know your game, trying to stir dissention in the ranks. Then ALL the sandwiches will be yours!

You'll get yours. Paddy and I will take a nut each.
Very little of what you believe to be true is actually the case.

Sorry.
twp
Amphetamine Filth

I wonder if they will play "13 eurogoth's floating in the dead sea" , the one that says "summertime's here and I've got no hassle, I could be a goth on a bouncy castle" or "with Goth on our side"
F--kwit
Road Kill

Dear Heartlanders

I believe I know some of you from various other forums where I go/went by the usernames of Cath Aubergine or Blackout. This is largely aimed at my friends as I am not some sort of cheeky blagger.

I have had tickets for this gig for a long time being a bit of a regular Dukla Prague away tripper, but last night sometime around midnight close to Keele Services on the M6 my car engine exploded.

Anyone got space for two people going to/from manchester?

please email me cathaubergine@gmail.com

thank you.
You ain't seen me, right?
aims
Overbomber

So, who's going tonight then?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I would have, but a lack of funds has intervened.

So not me. :(
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
aims
Overbomber

So that's:

Motz + 3

And presumably Mr and Mrs Snowey?
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

What a top gig..... :D :notworthy:

HMHB never fail to provide a great show (but no Trumpton Riots).

Oh and the ginger ones band were good to :innocent: but the Sid wannabe needs to get a haircut.

Time for bed more tomorrow.

(and another Smurphs gig filmed...Paddy your going to have to get bigger shelves) :lol:
wintermute
Amphetamine Filth

snowey wrote: the Sid wannabe needs to get a haircut.
you sound like my mother, and my wife, and my daughter......
then he takes your hand in some strange californian handshake and breaks the bone
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Do I have to do this again?
Danny wrote:I don't advise a hair cut man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hair are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
F--kwit
Road Kill

Slightly belated, but here are some photos for you...

Wasn't easy what with all that smoke!!
You ain't seen me, right?
aims
Overbomber

Great pics and a great gig :notworthy:

Half-KitKat weren't bad either :lol:
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Another review from the HMHB site r.e Smurphs....

"The support band were playing when we arrived, I kid you not “The Sisters Of Murphy�, they were actually okay, but they were a lookalikey as well as soundalikey tribute band, unfortunately the guitarist looked like a cross between “Cousin It� from the Addams Family and Joey Ramone, and the singer put me in mind of Sylvester McCoy as Dr Who. The Bassist ironically enough looked very much like Andrew Eldritch, but was pushed to the back. The female singer was the biggest disappointment, she was very attractive, but bear in mind she was singing in a Goth tribute band, she was wearing a smart trouser suit and almost no make up !, come on you’re supposed to be a Goth chick, how hard is it to put on a PVC skirt and fishnets, and would it have killed her to backcomb and slap on a bit of eyeliner !

Although she probably didn’t see much point in getting dressed up, as the smoke machine was set to “Wembley Stadium� output, and most of the time she was invisible behind a cloud of dry ice in what was almost a “Spinal Tap� scenario.

Anyway despite this they were actually very good, and I found myself tapping my feet to “This Corrosion� and a few other ditties I had forgotten existed. "
scotty
Overbomber

F--kwit wrote:
Is that a new singer?
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

scotty wrote:Is that a new singer?
Andrew Curldritch?
—Bertrand Russell