Rare photos?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dan
Overbomber

Yeh, I didn't get it either. Why have the pictures online if you can't see them. It's like he's saying "I've got the photos and you haven't. Ner Ner Ne-Ner Ner!"
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The guy, who is running newwavephotos.com had to sign the usual contract for photographers at sisters-gigs these days. He is not sure if he'll have any trouble with the sisters-managment, if he publishes these pics.

He did put the photos on his page - for a few hours - and told only a few people about it. Someone of these few people posted the info to dominion and phillipe watermarked the pictures.

Here is a statement from Phillipe Carly I got this morning:
a. This is the front page of the three page contract I signed. I only received a copy of the first page (the one attached) as you can see it is not signed by management even though this document is supposed to bond the two parties.

b. the document mentions payment of 1 sterling pound (the payment of which I acknowledge by signing the document). I didn't receive it. Not that it would mak a difference. Just for the records!

c. I remember the other pages stating that the "pit" is a dangerous place were I might be hit by objects thrown for the crowd or get hurt in crowd control actions taken by the bouncers and that I will not hold the management responsible for anything happening to me while in the pit. And that I was only allowed to take photos during songs 4, 5 and 6.

I don't see how this documents protects me (the photographer) in any ways:
management gains complete copyright of the photos (my source of income) management decides which photos can be used or not (my artistic freedom)
I am just a remote, pushing on a button because they're too incompetent to do it themselves!

So why did I sign it at all you might ask. Because I wanted to make photos!
That's my job and my passion:
taking photos at gigs and I didn't know it would be that bad: I wouldn't have signed at all if I had known what to expect (see below). Anyway I'll have the document reviewed by my lawyer to see if such a blatantly unilateal contract can stand in court.

To make things even worse, one of the bouncers wanted to kick us (me and 3 other photogs) out after just one song.
We lost precious time arguing with him and telling him we were authorized
for 3 numbers.
For Chrit's sake: given the fog machine and backlit stage, FROM THE PIT I
could not EVEN SEE Andrew half the time. Management knew damn well light show made it IMPOSSIBLE to get good photos during those numbers. Only towards the end, a couple of number were lit in a way that could allow a decent photo or two. We had left the pit by then.
I felt totally ripped of and laughed at, should anyone care. If that's their attitude towards photography, they better forbid it altogether and not bother people who try to do their job properly.

So far, ALL reactions of visitors and band members alike on my site
(www.newwavephotos.com) have been very POSITIVE.
Everybody LOVES the memories and the photos. Now think of it: if no photos are taken today, there will be no memories to share tomorrow. It's that simple.

I am just a pissed photographer. But who cares about these wining morons
anyway??????

philippe carly
the contract:
THE SISTERS OF MERCY PHOTOGRAPHIC AGREEMENT

This Agreement is intended to protect both the Artist and the legitimat<
photographer

THS PHOTOGRAPHER AGREES AS FOLLOWS:
1. This agreement relates to the perfonners known professionally äs
THE SISTERS OFMERCY ("the Artist"}. The phrase "the Artist" shali
include all those perforniing äs o r with THE SISTERS OF MERCY at the
relevant perfonnances.
2. The Artist' s representative Mr Gary Weight is herein referred to
as "the Representative".
3. In consideration ot the payrnent by the Representative to the
Photographer of the sum of one pound (£1.00) receipt whereof the
Photographer hereby acknowledges and in consideration of the
Representative affording the Photographer facilities for the taking of
photographs of the Artist the Photographer agrees to be bound by the
Terms of this Agreement.

4. The Photographer accepts that the füll Copyright in all
photographs, negatives and reproductions therefrom taken by the
Photographer relating to the Artist shall vest in The Sisters Of Mercy.
To the extent that any Copyright in such materials is vested in the
photographer, the photographer hereby assigns such rights to The Sisters
Of Mercy by way of assignment of present and future Copyright.

5. The Photographer confirms that he has the full power and authority to enter into this Agreement.

6. The Representative on behalf of the Artist subject to the photographer having first complied with the provisions of Clause 7 and
Clause 8 grants a specific and limited license to the Photographer to
reproduce the photographs äs specified in the Schedule hereto.

7. The Representative shall be entitied to designate (and the
Photographer shall comply with such designation) that some (or all) of
the photographs taken are not suitable for publication. The
Representative shall also be entitied to suggest but not designate
those which should be published. The Representative must not act
unreasonably. Such designation of the Representative will be facilitated
if the Photographer sends copies of the photographs in gif or jpeg
fonnat by email to reptilehouse@dial.pipex.com
8. The Photographer agrees to deliver to the Representative at
The Reptile House Ltd
PO Box 29
Leeds LS6 15L
England
within seven days of the date hereof a contact sheet of ALL photographs
taken and/or a floppy disc or cd of any digital Images.
vicus
dead stars

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Jim
Slight Overbomber

reptilehouse@dial.pipex.com

Why do I the the impression this is the last place they'd ever have wanted that address to turn up?
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
pikkrong
Overbomber

maybe i'm totally nuts but where did you see the sentence "for Sisters of Mercy management only"?
do i drive
or am i driven
Dan
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:maybe i'm totally nuts but where did you see the sentence "for Sisters of Mercy management only"?
It's plastered over every picture on here - http://www.newwavephotos.com/SistersofMercy3.htm

Someone said the pictures were available for a short while, but rather than taking the easy way and just removing the page he's gone to the trouble of adding that message onto every picture. Strange.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Dan wrote:
pikkrong wrote:maybe i'm totally nuts but where did you see the sentence "for Sisters of Mercy management only"?
It's plastered over every picture on here - http://www.newwavephotos.com/SistersofMercy3.htm

Someone said the pictures were available for a short while, but rather than taking the easy way and just removing the page he's gone to the trouble of adding that message onto every picture. Strange.
am i mad?
did i see them without these plasters?
or maybe i was so busy when i got this link (i was at work) that i didn't click to open them?
if i got them at home i looked all of them and copied the best ones to my hard disk as i use to do.
do i drive
or am i driven
lachert
Overbomber

:D Very interesting. My 'version' have this 'management window' but I think that it looks pretty cool with it :eek: So industrial :?
long live rock'n'roll
lachert
Overbomber

or maybe you are simple in this menagement and you don't tell us about it :notworthy: :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
pikkrong
Overbomber

lachert wrote:
or maybe you are simple in this menagement and you don't tell us about it :notworthy: :wink:
maybe they forgot to inform me about it :lol:
well, to be true - now i see also tose pics with that plaster.
and maybe i really didn't click to those pics that day at work.
i remember i took a look at the general page and thought there were no something very special... but actually there was something special ;D
do i drive
or am i driven
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Seems Eldritch is getting rather sensitive about being photographed these days. Perhaps he's realised how crap his new haircut is?
Lots of heavy smoke at recent shows and the request to have the webcam moved during the recent BBC interview.

Vanity, vanity, all is vanity sayith the Lord.

:wink: :lol:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
dead stars

Erudite wrote:Seems Eldritch is getting rather sensitive about being photographed these days. Perhaps he's realised how crap his new haircut
:wink: :lol:
Since when bald is a haaircut? :P
vicus

Philippe Carly has set the photos online again - well just those, the Sisters managment allowed him to publish :(
http://www.newwavephotos.com/SistersofMercy3.htm

vicus
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
pikkrong
Overbomber

vicus wrote:Philippe Carly has set the photos online again - well just those, the Sisters managment allowed him to publish :(
http://www.newwavephotos.com/SistersofMercy3.htm

vicus
and one band member missing from all the pics... i didn't mean Doktor Avalanche... :wink:
do i drive
or am i driven
vicus

pikkrong wrote:and one band member missing from all the pics... i didn't mean Doktor Avalanche... :wink:
I know who you are taking about... :von:
You can see his shadow at the first two pictures :eek: ;-)
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

Blaine
Road Kill

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Blaine
pikkrong
Overbomber

vicus wrote:
pikkrong wrote:and one band member missing from all the pics... i didn't mean Doktor Avalanche... :wink:
I know who you are taking about... :von:
You can see his shadow at the first two pictures :eek: ;-)
yes, you are right about the second pic but i still couldn't see him on the first :)
maybe i have to try again :D :wink:
do i drive
or am i driven
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Is it just me or what? I can't seem to connect to the server. Is it down? I presume you lot are sat there merrily looking at the piccies. Bastards.

I hope you're not speculating wildly about certain individuals 'not being in the pics'. Please don't start to speculate wildly about what it does or does not (ie does not) mean. Please. It's that sort of thing that winds Von and the likes up.

Anyway, if you can load the website, let me know, and I'll cry. Then try something else.

Cheers

Dave
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Dan
Overbomber

Dave Whelan wrote:Is it just me or what? I can't seem to connect to the server. Is it down? I presume you lot are sat there merrily looking at the piccies. Bastards.
You're not missing anything. They're crap - theres writing right across the middle of each photo.
vicus

pikkrong wrote:yes, you are right about the second pic but i still couldn't see him on the first :)
maybe i have to try again :D :wink:
Oops - maybe that was a beer to much yesterday...
Sorry, Andrews shadow is only visible on Pic No.2

vmp123
Road Kill

Wow, Von without shades, so many of my schoolgirl fantasies have been realised, after all these years wondering!
Nice.

Vanessa :notworthy:
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

I have IT right here in my hot little hand! Yep right here on my computer! If you want it, pm me. I'll be happy to share.

He is so damn beautiful!

Too bad he's gone blonde and bald. :cry:

Planet
:wink: