Camden Market - Goth Clothes Shopping

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
cosmicdolphin
Road Kill

Okay,

I need suggestions for good places to buy Goth clothes in the Camden market area, since I have myself an afternoon there in a couple of weeks :-)

My black wardrobe has been sorely lacking for some time, so it's shop until I drop time.

Rich
Nic
Slight Overbomber

You don't know what you're getting yourself into... :innocent:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Never actually been.. maybe I should go some time.

So I can only suggest, buy lots of purple. :lol:
Badlander
Overbomber

What's goth ? :innocent:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Sod the black, get yerself some lovely day-glo stuff. Niiiice. 8) :lol: Last time I went I picked up some big bad steely Docs for a tenner. :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Rafster
Amphetamine Filth

Yeah, the cyberdog stuff can be quite cool.

The goth stuff is really, really bad. My humble opinion obviously. But its really bad....and the market is horribly saturated there.

Over-the-counter-culture
scotty
Overbomber

Just go to Camden and look around, there's loads of shops for fuckin' Goffs to by clobber in, me and the missus were there a few weeks, had a great time pointing and laughing at goffs, they were all over the place, enjoy :D
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Yep, just walk round. Just about every other shop will have something goth in it.

My old man was there last weekend & spent 8 hours there.

Weird when you look back, I bought 8 Sisters boots about 5 years back from Camden... £20 each!!!! What a knob.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Purple Light wrote:Yep, just walk round. Just about every other shop will have something goth in it.

My old man was there last weekend & spent 8 hours there.

Weird when you look back, I bought 8 Sisters boots about 5 years back from Camden... £20 each!!!! What a knob.
Seven of those hours no doubt spent in the Worlds End! :P
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Johnny Rotten
Road Kill

Camden is great, but mainly due to the fact you've got alot of record stores who have suplied me with alot of sisters material for a fair price.
I also like Camden cos its full of goths, myself not beeing one (like to make that very clear ;) ). it's way better then the mainstream S*** you'd have here, even the goths here (younger ones) have a bl**dy dresscode (wearing the exact same gear,and concider H.I.M. as goth as can be) awell fair enough, not my problem :D

thank you for your attention,

awaiting the lynch party ;D
Badlander
Overbomber

Johnny Rotten wrote:Camden is great, but mainly due to the fact you've got alot of record stores who have suplied me with alot of sisters material for a fair price.
I'm afraid this is a distant past you're talking about. Of course there is some decent record stores left in Camden, but nothing extremely exciting I'm afraid and very few bootleggers for sure. What a shame. :(

I like Camden because it's a silly place. As for those bloody teen - or not so teen - goffs, they really get on my nerves sometimes. Get real for chrissake ! :roll:
Johnny Rotten
Road Kill

I'm afraid this is a distant past you're talking about. Of course there is some decent record stores left in Camden, but nothing extremely exciting I'm afraid and very few bootleggers for sure. What a shame.
Well i've been told by several that it used to be quite overloaded with bootleggers and stuff, i've been there myself a few months back, and spend two days in the camden area, and as beeing "quite"new in collecting records(started out four years ago) i did found alot of stuff you can't get your hands on easily here in holland, it seems the sisters, nephilim, psychedelic furs, or christian death was a thing that didn't happen here :(
Outside camden the dutch eqvalent of Ebay (marktplaats) sure does suprice me (last week bought a floodland promo poster 2m 1.5m :D) from time to time, and some fairs do aswell.
to make a long story short, i can see what you mean, but i'm new in this and havent seen the likes of anything as such.

Spend one evening in the Devonshire Arms, played alot of sisters and nephilim and such, it was quite entertaining :D

grtz
canon docre
Overbomber

Oh I really like Camden, it's so 80s. Nonesuch thing is existing over here. :|

@Purple Light: is that the fabulous Dr. Deemer in your avatar? :P
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Thea
Overbomber

Camden's more and more becoming a case of "Same sh!t - different shop".
I've found that anything you find in Camden market you can find in that market in Birmingham (that i can't remember the name of.... someone'll help me out here I'm sure...) for about a third less.
The only real exception I've found is one of the places under the arches where I got a very nice leather jacket for £10 - which wasn't too bad.
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Camden was my manor for a few years, LOVE the place, moved this year to even grottier climes...

Here's some good places i know of (hope they're still there!):

Fairy Goth Mother ~ floor above/near Dingwalls/Camden Lock Market
http://www.fairygothmother.com/shop.htm

Try the Black Rose shop (Stables)
http://www.blackrose.co.uk/Visit.php

Hellwear has some cool stuff (Stables)
http://www.hellwear.co.uk
http://www.myspace.com/hellwear
(and there's another place round the corner that has a big ol' dracula statue outside, can't miss it :p )

i agree with d00mw0lf though, the diversity in Camden has really gone...
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

I’ve never really liked Goth clothing that much, I’ve always preferred 1920s film noir style clothing, trilbies and slip-on loathers and such…
Thea
Overbomber

All the REALLY cool people are wearing teal this year anyway....
teal and red.
Nic
Slight Overbomber

scotty wrote:Just go to Camden and look around, there's loads of shops for fuckin' Goffs to by clobber in, me and the missus were there a few weeks, had a great time pointing and laughing at goffs, they were all over the place, enjoy :D
Sounds like great fun, I'll have to go to London some day. :D
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Rafster wrote:Yeah, the cyberdog stuff can be quite cool.
Amen. Last time I was in Nottingham, I went to Void and picked up a black-and-silver circuit-board design t-shirt. Gorgeous. If the matching trousers weren't £70, I'd have bought them too :eek:
wild bill buttock

d00mw0lf wrote: I've found that anything you find in Camden market you can find in that market in Birmingham (that i can't remember the name of.... someone'll help me out here I'm sure...) for about a third less.
Oasis is the place you're refering to, I believe.
Its all very Emo of late apart from the one "dandy fop" stall.
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

F*cking goffs... :twisted:
Buy records instead of clothing overthere! :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:F*cking goffs... :twisted:
Seconded! :notworthy: :D
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Camden is very very nice, mostly cause you see all kinds of people there, got some nice sisters boots when there was a record fair at the electric ballroom, drinking coffee early on Sunday mornings, got my "black october" lp there , it was in a dirty box hidden by the moston common new wave records you can think of

i miss London :cry: :cry: :cry:
but i don t miss her...
Badlander
Overbomber

Amen ! :notworthy: 8)

Goffic clothes are unreasonably pricey and DIY is more fun anyway. :wink:
wild bill buttock

Badlander wrote:
Amen ! :notworthy: 8)

Goffic clothes are unreasonably pricey and DIY is more fun anyway. :wink:
I am actually going to Camden on Friday and am also a keen DIY'er.Is there a Homebase or B&Q in Camden lock market?
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away