all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
aims
Overbomber

If the SKOS version is a demo, I'll be quite happy, what with it being advertised as one :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

It's real live product folks, just relax... read the sleeve notes if you don't want to hear the music

OMG! :eek:
I prophesy disaster - thinking about your comments on the sleeve notes :cry:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Motz wrote:If the SKOS version is a demo, I'll be quite happy, what with it being advertised as one :innocent:
Forgot that bit :oops:

The more I thik about these re-issues, the more uncertain I get about buying them...I'm just not sure if it's worth it.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
mh
Above the Chemist

bismarck wrote:
James Blast wrote:
mh wrote:We're probably gonna buy them anyway, so no skin off anyone's nose.
mine are already on order

Likewise
Mine aren't.

I'm hoping to get them down me local HMV on the 27th. :twisted:

8 days to go!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

it's lack of sleep, haunted dreams and pant wetting time, innit Michael :lol: :lol: :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

So far it hasn't let me down. Siouxsie reissues, LoTR DVDs, Star Wars and lots of other stuff, the Friday before.

But if they ain't there, I shall be grievously disappointed I tell you.

I may even have to drink to forget it! (As opposed to drink to celebrate it if they are there...)
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

I'm still gonna wait till they're in hand before I believe it.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
James Blast
Banned

Jim, why so negative?

Relax!
~ Peter Steele
bismarck

James Blast wrote:Jim, why so negative?

Relax!
At this point the negativity's gotta be a joke. I think.
James Blast
Banned

bismarck wrote:

Relax!
Fair point, but there are too many multi-international companies offering this 'product' for it to be an interweb rumour.

Non?
~ Peter Steele
eotunun
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
bismarck wrote:

Relax!
Fair point, but there are too many multi-international companies offering this 'product' for it to be an interweb rumour.

Non?
Prawda.
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
ruffers
Overbomber

Syberberg wrote:
Motz wrote:If the SKOS version is a demo, I'll be quite happy, what with it being advertised as one :innocent:
Forgot that bit :oops:

The more I thik about these re-issues, the more uncertain I get about buying them...I'm just not sure if it's worth it.
Although I guess there's an argument that the more people buy them the more likely becomes new product?
Chucking another log on
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Yeah, fair point, I now acknowledge it exists.

Of course now I just reckon it's gonna be s**t - it's so far unendorsed by anyone whose opinions mean a s**t.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
mh
Above the Chemist

Jim wrote:Yeah, fair point, I now acknowledge it exists.

Of course now I just reckon it's gonna be s**t - it's so far unendorsed by anyone whose opinions mean a s**t.
It's been endorsed by James blast, hasn't it?
kazamel
Amphetamine Filth

Syberberg wrote:To me the whole thing is smelling of a rip-off.
I agree. I'm not buying and I can't understand if anyone would. We've got all the tracks already - ok, maybe expect for SKOS - and the rest is just Warner trying to cash in once more on the band they refused to promote correctly.
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
aims
Overbomber

kazamel wrote:
Syberberg wrote:To me the whole thing is smelling of a rip-off.
I agree. I'm not buying and I can't understand if anyone would. We've got all the tracks already
Says you who was around and aware when they were first released and are quite obviously not the target market. Just because you personally don't want it doesn't mean that there isn't a decent potential market for it.
the-happening

A decent web reivew of First and Last Remastered:

1985's 'First and Last and Always' remains unequaled in the genre, permanently granted top place on a pedestal from which it cannot be toppled. From the opening claustrophobia of 'Black Planet' to the melancholy 'No Time to Cry,' Eldritch continually assured listeners that 'everything's gonna be alright'. Continuing with the bass-driven guitar gem 'Possession' and the closing 'Some Kind of Stranger,' an untouchable epic that, clocking in at over seven minutes, is the best of its kind. 'Some Kind of Stranger' not only became a 'love song' for the dressed in black crowd. Copied to death, its brilliance has never been replicated. The unknown story of this album is that ever since it has been availble on CD, and inferior 'copy' master was utilised. Remastered from the multitracks for the first time, it now sounds better than ever before and is augmented by six tracks, all non-album 'B' sides plus 'Some Kind Of Stranger (Early)' a previously unissued track from the album sessions, all housed in a foldout digipack sleeve with new linernotes. track listing 1. Black Planet 2. Walk Away 3. No Time To Cry 4. A Rock And A Hard Place 5. Marian (Version) 6. First And Last And Always 7. Possession 8. Nine While Nine 9. Amphetamine Logic 10. Some Kind Of Stranger Bonus Tracks 11. Poison Door 12. On The Wire 13. Blood Money 14. Bury Me Deep 15. Long Train 16. Some Kind Of Stranger [Early] [Previously Unissued Outtake]
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
James Blast
Banned

'everything's gonna be alright' Image
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

'everything will turn out fine' ;D

I think some negativity is understandable enough - we've been savagely disappointed so many times in the past after all. There's also the sheer shock of something record-wise actually happening after 13 years in the wilderness - even if it is old stuff - to be taken into account.

As someone who has all the stuff (aside from SKOS and Never Land (no longer a fragment) of course) I'll personally still be getting them. Why? Probably mostly because I'm a barking-mad completist, but also to lend my voice to the argument that there IS still a demand for and an interest in Sisters material. Anyway, you can't really complain at the price, can you?

If we can get at least one of these releases into a decent chart position it will be quite an achievement, and might do a lot to help accelerate positive developments in Other Areas.

These releases are for people who don't have record players, and/or who came to the Sisters relatively recently, and therefore don't have easy accessibility to the bonus material on them. And that is quite a lot of people. Personally I'm looking forward to the thought of Goth kiddies gicking their panties when they hear what FALAA really sounds like.

In other news, I was down HMV today and picked up the House of Love's Peel Sessions and the Banshee's Peel Sessions, both of which are not officially available till Monday. So things are looking good for the Sisters next Friday! I will let you know.
UglyasSin
Road Kill

Sorry to say, mine are on order, why I don't know. I've already got two CD's of F&L&A . Wife doesn't know, she wouldn't understand... then again neither do I.
James Blast
Banned

No need to be sorry Mr. Sin, you're in good company here.
~ Peter Steele
Syberberg

I'm still in two minds about placing an order. The main thing is my general distaste of WEA and that they didn't properly promote The Sisters when they had the chance to and are now "cashing in" on the Silver Bullet Tour. Not to mention my general anti-corporatism stance...but...it's THE SISTERS says the temptress on my shoulder, who's ganging up with my curiousity about the new liner notes and my obvious desire to help Andrew get that deal so he can release those nice new songs on a nice new CD or three. But will it actually make any difference in that regard?
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I think a new deal will largely rely on sales figures of these re-issues.

I'll be grabbing FLAA but passing on the rest OK maybe Floodland but not going near Vision Thing. Wasn't found of it then and I'm not fond of it now.
End of line.
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

I'll be getting FALAA as long as it is the original mixes. I never play the CD, prefer my home made CD of my crackly old vinyl. I don't really care about the extra tracks, I'm of the opinion that an album has a beginning, middle and end and is a finite whole. Adding tracks unbalances that. Plus Blood Money and Bury Me Deep are crap anyway, never liked them then, don't like them now, a weak imitation of themselves. Mind you, SKOS early version may be interesting.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Barracuda wrote:I don't really care about the extra tracks, I'm of the opinion that an album has a beginning, middle and end and is a finite whole.
A concept as they say? ;D

Amen :notworthy: (I don't mind extra tracks, I more or less see them as an extra bit not belonging to the album)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr