NTL Broadband :-)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

I just wanted to share with you all that Tomorrow (Friday) I finally get
NTL Broadband installed !

Its a FREE install a FREE Modem and the first month is FREE

1 MEG D/L for a month then back down to 150 K - Woo Hoo!

I am a Happy G*** ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
hallucienate
Overbomber

Groovy. "Broadband" is making it way here, but it's fuc*ing slow and expensive it's not worth it. Plus there is a 3 gig per month limit.

Fortunately I work for an ISP so I don't have to worry about these things.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I'll get my NTL in about a month when I move. Going with the 600kb line coz there is no point in having anything faster.

I thought they had download limit of 1gb a day? Just checking now to find out. [UPDATE :Heh, forgot you live in SA Hal!]
Last edited by CellThree on 12 Jun 2003, 20:11, edited 2 times in total.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Found it :

http://www.ntlworld.com/legals/user-policy.htm

2 (h) in excess of "normal use" bandwidth limits set out in this section.

ntl: home's broadband and dial-up services are intended for normal recreational or educational use by individuals and families and our pricing and network architecture have been designed accordingly. Customers who use the services more heavily than a normal home user will reduce the performance of the network for other customers.

"Normal use" of the service is defined as up to 1 gigabyte downstream of data transfer daily (which equates to approximately 200 music tracks, 650 short videos, 10,000 pictures or around 100 large software programmes downloaded per day).
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Dan
Overbomber

I'm on ntl, the 150K connection, although I actually get 256 as there's less subscribers in my area so everyone gets faster.

The 1gb a day limit is a bit of a nuisance, although you're allowed to go over twice in any 14 day period, and I know people who regularly exceed it and haven't got in trouble *yet*. I've gone over twice in the last week so I paused my downloads until midnight just to be safe as I'm up to 985mb.

NTL has a pretty good news server, although it has periods of downtime (most recent was 3 days last week), my favourites being
alt.binaries.punk, alt.binaries.sounds.jpop and alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.gothic-industrial from which I regularly download sh!tloads of mp3's and videos.
Big Si
School Bully

AndyTheGoth wrote:I just wanted to share with you all that Tomorrow (Friday) I finally get
NTL Broadband installed !

Its a FREE install a FREE Modem and the first month is FREE

1 MEG D/L for a month then back down to 150 K - Woo Hoo!

I am a Happy G*** ;-)
As a new employee of aforesaid company (I create the new customer Acc's for Glasgow, Northern Ireland and South Wales) - Welcome to ntl Broadband! :notworthy:

P.S. Have you got your Modem Pin Number? :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

and wait till you see what I'm inventing as a new technology/marketing project for NTL...!
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Andy TG
Overbomber

Zuma wrote:and wait till you see what I'm inventing as a new technology/marketing project for NTL...!
Come on - dont keep us in suspenders - bugger I mean suspense! :wink:
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

Broadband Update - after 5 + crashes and numerous restarts - my 1 meg access is now complete - and I have it free for a month (then back to 150K access) woo hoo!

All i need to do now is get my Sisters list sorted and all will be well :-)
This Is M & S S & M
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

AndyTheGoth wrote:
Zuma wrote:and wait till you see what I'm inventing as a new technology/marketing project for NTL...!
I will when it's ready :twisted:
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Andy TG
Overbomber

Zuma wrote:
AndyTheGoth wrote:
I will when it's ready :twisted:
Now you got me really Interested :wink: - Whatever could be be Children :eek:
This Is M & S S & M