all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

FALAA and VT reissues have been recalled (in the US) to correct typos, so snatch 'em up while you can (this info from my local HMV, who didn't know WHY they were recalled, just that they were, and FL was the only one avail... so I'm guessing).
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
TheBoyNextDoor

bismarck wrote:FALAA and VT reissues have been recalled (in the US) to correct typos, so snatch 'em up while you can (this info from my local HMV, who didn't know WHY they were recalled, just that they were, and FL was the only one avail... so I'm guessing).
Ok, so we who got the typos etc are sitting on gold mines now. Great news. :wink:

I really hope they correct the audio skip in Something Fast (live) also when they are at it. :P
mh
Above the Chemist

And don't forget the varying volume levels on FALAA.

Ah well, another copy of each when the corrected versions come out. :D :D :D :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

... and the rare "mispresses" going on ebay? :twisted:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Badlander
Overbomber

The Girls have taken another country by force (of course).
The three remastered albums will be available from amazon.fr on 27 November.
http://www.amazon.fr/First-Last-Always- ... F8&s=music
http://www.amazon.fr/Floodland-Sisters- ... F8&s=music
http://www.amazon.fr/Vision-Thing-Siste ... F8&s=music
10.40€ each ! Whatta bargain ! :eek:
markfiend wrote:... and the rare "mispresses" going on ebay? :twisted:
Not to mention bootleg versions. :innocent: :lol:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
zippy
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:The Girls have taken another country by force (of course).

why have't they got more bootleg songs on the albums and does AE get payed?
Am a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside a enigma
mh
Above the Chemist

zippy wrote:
Badlander wrote:The Girls have taken another country by force (of course).

why have't they got more bootleg songs on the albums and does AE get payed?
(a) - Because they're mean gits. Would have required a double CD set anyway, and the whole thing has a certain odour of "done on the cheap" about it to begin with. Me, I'm hoping (with the deletion of SGWBM and ASCOOB) that there's a box set in the works. I'm presuming that Von has zero say in what does/doesn't get released here, and it's possible that a stack of tapes have materialised and someone is smelling money. All conjecture, of course.

(b) - As the original performing artists and composers, all members should be entitled to a royalty of some description.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

Something I noticed on the spines of the three reissues:-

First And Last And Always 5101-17579-2
Floodland 5101-17580-2
Vision Thing 5101-17582-2 (or should that be Visioin Thing???

The end number '-2' is the format (CD in this case) but as the catalogue number 5101-17581-2 isn't used here, does that mean there are other things in the pipeline with TSOM on it? I only noticed that as people have been saying there are typos on the sleeves. I didn't see any on my copy of FALAA.

Great to have them all the same, maybe we may end up with some other gems that we never heard before coming out?

Edited My typos... :innocent:
On the other hand, the brain of an idiot seldom weighs more than 23oz - Gray's Anatomy
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

RetroGoth wrote: I only noticed that as people have been saying there are typos on the sleeves. I didn't see any on my copy of FALAA.
Neither did I! :)
"as we walk on the floodland"
mh
Above the Chemist

RetroGoth wrote:Something I noticed on the spines of the three reissues:-

First And Last And Always 5101-17579-2
Floodland 5101-17580-2
Vision Thing 5101-17582-2 (or should that be Visioin Thing???

The end number '-2' is the format (CD in this case) but as the catalogue number 5101-17581-2 isn't used here, does that mean there are other things in the pipeline with TSOM on it? I only noticed that as people have been saying there are typos on the sleeves. I didn't see any on my copy of FALAA.

Great to have them all the same, maybe we may end up with some other gems that we never heard before coming out?

Edited My typos... :innocent:
Has to be a box set.

Ooooooooh I just want a box set.

I wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna!!!

Ahem.
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

It could be yet another balls-up at Rhino. As others have said, done on the cheap with poor attention to detail. Don't they employ proof readers?
On the other hand, the brain of an idiot seldom weighs more than 23oz - Gray's Anatomy
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

I apologise if this has been asked before. I've read all the reissues threads, but may have missed a post here and there. Still, while I'm waiting to receive to real thing...

What are the new booklets like? I read somewhere that the FALAA booklet has new pics and recording session info, but what else are we getting?

Thanks.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Mr. Wah wrote:I apologise if this has been asked before. I've read all the reissues threads, but may have missed a post here and there. Still, while I'm waiting to receive to real thing...

What are the new booklets like? I read somewhere that the FALAA booklet has new pics and recording session info, but what else are we getting?

Thanks.
The FALAA booklet also contains info about the band (history).

The Floodland booklet contains photo's, songtexts, history (band, corporate war), backgrounds of the various FL songs and some AE lines.

I think the booklets look very nice.

Don't know about VT yet as I will receive that one later this week.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks, Ozpat. I'm very curious to see them now.
TheBoyNextDoor

They cost only £4.97 each at Amazon.co.uk right now. :eek:

Isn't that a bit cheap? I mean, really cheap?
It's free UK delivery over 15 quid though... (3 x 4.97 = 14.91) :lol:
chachi
Road Kill

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:They cost only £4.97 each at Amazon.co.uk right now. :eek:

Isn't that a bit cheap? I mean, really cheap?
It's free UK delivery over 15 quid though... (3 x 4.97 = 14.91) :lol:
Argh ... thought £6 a piece from HMV preordered was cheap ... :x
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

Anyone know how many copies of the reissues have been sold and how many sales are needed to get in the album charts?
TheBoyNextDoor

RetroGoth wrote:Anyone know how many copies of the reissues have been sold and how many sales are needed to get in the album charts?
I don't even now if they are able to chart. I doubt it... does anyone know this for sure???

For example DM must have sold really well with their reissues and they haven't chart... Here's some info about Chart rules - but I think the info is very vague regarding reissues...

Though, I think they can add their sales to their old album sales... and then gain Gold or Platina. My bet is that VT goes gold before the new year..
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for the link. There are lots of terms and conditions http://www.theofficialcharts.com/docs/O ... ition9.pdf but like most things these days, so many caveats, exclusions. Why can't things just be straight forward? Does the 80% rule apply in the girls case? :? :? :? :? :?
TheBoyNextDoor

RetroGoth wrote:Thanks for the link. There are lots of terms and conditions http://www.theofficialcharts.com/docs/O ... ition9.pdf but like most things these days, so many caveats, exclusions. Why can't things just be straight forward? Does the 80% rule apply in the girls case? :? :? :? :? :?
This is really confusing: "sales of remix albums will not be combined with sales of the original version".
FALAA = remix? :?

..and "Remixed, extended, live, demo versions of featured tracks are exempt from the 80% rule which only applies to formats which feature additional track titles".
Ok, what exactly does that mean? Exempt from the 80% rule = the sales are combined... or they aren't!? We need a jurist! :lol:
chachi
Road Kill

If you're in any way involved in a standoff with a record company (or perhaps effectively out of contract at the time) I doubt any of your sales will 'count' for a chart slot :wink:
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
RetroGoth wrote:Thanks for the link. There are lots of terms and conditions http://www.theofficialcharts.com/docs/O ... ition9.pdf but like most things these days, so many caveats, exclusions. Why can't things just be straight forward? Does the 80% rule apply in the girls case? :? :? :? :? :?
This is really confusing: "sales of remix albums will not be combined with sales of the original version".
FALAA = remix? :?

..and "Remixed, extended, live, demo versions of featured tracks are exempt from the 80% rule which only applies to formats which feature additional track titles".
Ok, what exactly does that mean? Exempt from the 80% rule = the sales are combined... or they aren't!? We need a jurist! :lol:
Past sales and remixes, eh? Just for the arguement and to make things even more confusing :wink:
1985, LP (limited gatefold?) and cassette. Japanese version (different), US Version (was that different?)
1988 CD comes out, different versions. That time vinyl was still freely available so with that being different to the CD and the same titles, would CD count as remix? Then that was followed through with...
1992 - digital remaster pops out of Warner's bottom.
2006 - expanded edition released with original vinyl versions and extras.

2006 issue is not a remix album.

Ever have that feeling when you wished you'd kept your gob shut? Am more confused the more I think about it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for a judge on this issue, I vote 'no' to Lord Goldsmith as he changes his mind and 'no' to Saddam's judge as it was a predetermined course of action!

I say count 'em all together - but pay no royalties to hussey as he's a cnut who passes other people's songs off as his own. :P :twisted:
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

chachi wrote:If you're in any way involved in a standoff with a record company (or perhaps effectively out of contract at the time) I doubt any of your sales will 'count' for a chart slot :wink:
It was also mentioned that a label can ask for stuff not to appear in the charts but doubt that very much as it serves as publicity.
TheBoyNextDoor

RetroGoth wrote: Past sales and remixes, eh? Just for the arguement and to make things even more confusing :wink:
1985, LP (limited gatefold?) and cassette. Japanese version (different), US Version (was that different?)
1988 CD comes out, different versions. That time vinyl was still freely available so with that being different to the CD and the same titles, would CD count as remix? Then that was followed through with...
1992 - digital remaster pops out of Warner's bottom.
2006 - expanded edition released with original vinyl versions and extras.

2006 issue is not a remix album.
I'm glad we worked this thing out. :lol:

Anyhow, I found an aproximate answer to your first question here.
25000/week for charting top 10.. that's a lot. :eek: