Watched Wake this morning & wondered...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

If any of you fine folks here actually attended, & if so what it was like?
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

On the same subject, was R.A.H. gig a sell out?
Give me one good reason
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

I was there. Thought it was crap at the time, thin sound without Mr Marx, but watching on video it seems really good. Must have been having a bad day.

No, it wasn't sold out.
Badlander
Overbomber

Barracuda wrote:I was there. Thought it was crap at the time, thin sound without Mr Marx, but watching on video it seems really good. Must have been having a bad day.
It also shows the difference between the actual event, a bootleg and an official live recording. Just compare the WYDSM b-sides and the Hamburg 90 boot (I don't have a boot version of RAH 85 so I can't say).
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Purple Light wrote:If any of you fine folks here actually attended, & if so what it was like?
It was a poor gig, I only went to one other SISTERS gig in 1985 at the Lyceum and that was bloody brilliant, I wish I had gone to the Brighton gig as I was offered a lift and a ticket on the day, oh well. I remember looking at my ticket and various other fliers I had for the gig as i was leaving the RAH and they resembled used tissues! which wasn't as annoying as finding my fags looked similar but brown!
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
czuczu
Overbomber

Wasn't there but I've never heard anyone say anything nice about that gig ;)
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Did the Sisters ever sounded good at all onstage?
guns & cars & accidents
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

dinky daisy wrote:Did the Sisters ever sounded good at all onstage?
:| Next...!
"as we walk on the floodland"
mh
Above the Chemist

Bloody brilliant in 1984 going by bootlegs and reports from folks who were there.

By 1985 the band was dead, everybody knew it, and the hearts just didn't seem to be in it anymore.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
ruffers
Overbomber

the-happening wrote: It was a poor gig, I only went to one other SISTERS gig in 1985 at the Lyceum and that was bloody brilliant,
I was at that, and it was. Supported by the Blow Monkeys iirc.
Chucking another log on
Batfish
Road Kill

ruffers wrote:
the-happening wrote: It was a poor gig, I only went to one other SISTERS gig in 1985 at the Lyceum and that was bloody brilliant,
I went to the Lyceum, I think The Scientists supported as well. Didn't go to RAH becasue I was revising for my 'A' Levels. Might as well have gone to RAH.
ruffers
Overbomber

Batfish wrote:
ruffers wrote:
I went to the Lyceum, I think The Scientists supported as well. Didn't go to RAH becasue I was revising for my 'A' Levels. Might as well have gone to RAH.
;D ;D I could have written that ;D ;D Hello clearing....
Chucking another log on
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:Did the Sisters ever sounded good at all onstage?
Yep. They were, in the opinion of someone who has only seen bootlegs, good live until Marx left.
scotty
Overbomber

czuczu wrote:Wasn't there but I've never heard anyone say anything nice about that gig ;)
Ditto.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"