How rare/valuable are these ?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
shagriml
Road Kill

Bought the two records today, got both for 16 euros:

The Sisters of Mercy - Live at the Brixton Ace / London 19.6.83 (SM 2389)
The Sisters of Mercy - Black Dominion (BD 359)

How rare and valuable are these ?

Whatabout my earlier find Live in Amsterdam 1984 (TSP 104) ? I paid 15 euros for it.

All in vinyl of course. I would never sell these but I'd just like to know did I pay good price and how rare are these things.
Some people get by
with a little understanding.
Some people get high
with a whole lot more.
Badlander
Overbomber

shagriml wrote: Whatabout my earlier find Live in Amsterdam 1984 (TSP 104) ? I paid 15 euros for it.
I got it for 12€.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
shagriml
Road Kill

Also, a question about Floodland and Under The Gun.

On Floodland cover a sticker reads "Includes Lyric Sheet (MR441L 242 232-1)" and a few sellers refer to this version as "limited edition". Was there ever a version with no lyrics sheet ? All the records I've seen have contained the lyric sheet.

Under The Gun 12" has a sticker too which says "includes FREE POSTER limited edition (MR59T)". Was there a version with no poster and if so, is this version with a poster of any value ?
Some people get by
Some people get high
with a whole lot more.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

Which vinyl colours are them ?
shagriml
Road Kill

taylor wrote:Which vinyl colours are them ?
All black except Live in Amsterdam is coloured marble or sumtin like that, looks weird and cool.

edit: Live at Brixton seems to be dark blue. When I first looked at it I thought it was black but with the lights on I noticed it to be dark blue.

Also the record does not have a label (nor do Black Dominion) and the inside sleeve art and text is actually been hand written and drawn. :eek: Good job on the SOM logo :lol:

Two scans available: http://shagriml.stormloader.com/sisters.htm

I like this bootleg. It's so raw... and before Jolene, Andy says "last time ever" :lol: Also Valentine sounds a somewhat detuned.
Some people get by
Some people get high
with a whole lot more.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>The Sisters of Mercy - Live at the Brixton Ace / London 19.6.83 (SM 2389)

£25 - 30 in ex condition

>The Sisters of Mercy - Black Dominion (BD 359)

£10-12 in ex condition

>Live in Amsterdam 1984 (TSP 104)

£10-15 in ex condition
Nic
Slight Overbomber

First pressing of Floodland comes with limited numberd back cover and gatefold lyric sheet.
Later pressing comes with the lyric sheet but is not limited or numbered.

Under the Gun 12" UK press is limited with poster, German press is without poster.
And of course it has a value, it's a Sisters record.
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
lachert
Overbomber

i heard that this "live at brixton ace" is the rarest edition of all three available, situation zero and that with xserox artwork...
i need a full scan of the cover :P
long live rock'n'roll
EvilBastard
Overbomber

While we're on the subject, does anyone know what the 12" interview picture disk is worth? Andrew (and Patricia) in a studio talking to someone who speaks english with a german accent, must have been around the time of Floodland, talks about the album, the issues with TSOM/Sisterhood names, not liking London, that sort of thing.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Dark
Underneath the Rock

No idea. I bought it for a fiver. But it seems a little warped, and it doesn't sound right at 45 or 33. :urff:
shagriml
Road Kill

lachert wrote:i heard that this "live at brixton ace" is the rarest edition of all three available, situation zero and that with xserox artwork...
Full scan ? I've only got a A4 scanner. Can't fit a 12" there. There's not so much to see, the image just goes a bit longer...
Some people get by
Some people get high
with a whole lot more.
lachert
Overbomber

shagriml wrote:
lachert wrote:i heard that this "live at brixton ace" is the rarest edition of all three available, situation zero and that with xserox artwork...
Full scan ? I've only got a A4 scanner. Can't fit a 12" there. There's not so much to see, the image just goes a bit longer...
so, please scan the other side and i'll join it in photoshop :D
long live rock'n'roll
Dark
Underneath the Rock

You're not trying to make illegal copies of a bootleg, are you, lachert? :innocent: :lol: ;)
lachert
Overbomber

Dark wrote:You're not trying to make illegal copies of a bootleg, are you, lachert? :innocent: :lol: ;)
how did you know :eek: :eek: :eek:
pleeease delete your post and i promis not to do this anymore :lol: :wink:
long live rock'n'roll