Gaye Bykers on Acid

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
kendall
Road Kill

Mary Mary did indeed turn up in Apollo 440.

Check out Robber Bykers site for the full low down on them.

www.gayebykersonacid.com
under the running board
James Blast
Banned

Nice linky kendall, thankee! :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

I saw t'Gaye Bykers live back in the day...they were pish :lol:

Some interesting paint jobs though :innocent:

DOZMEISTER
Road Kill

Saw the Bykers a few times they were ok. The Hunters Club were far better, them and The Bomb Party were the best Leicester bands.
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

My brother used to follow another Leicester based band 'The Janitors', who were mates with the Bykers. Not a massive claim to fame, but i thought I'd mention it. :lol:

I saw the Bykers a few times...Bradford supporting The Cult, and then headlining at Leeds uni & the Duchess.
Give me one good reason
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote:If someone called me a gay biker...

...that's when I'd really start to get p!ssed off.
Non-gay biker, Claire? Any better babe? :kiss:

Drill Your Own Hole is tops. Or it was tops last time I heard, possibly over 10 years ago.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
wild bill buttock
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote:
boudicca wrote:If someone called me a gay biker...

...that's when I'd really start to get p!ssed off.
Non-gay biker, Claire? Any better babe? :kiss:

Drill Your Own Hole is tops. Or it was tops last time I heard, possibly over 10 years ago.
How about a lesbian dopehead on a moped?

Didn't GBOA do a tune having a pop at The Sisters?"Testicle of god" or something.
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

DOZMEISTER wrote:Saw the Bykers a few times they were ok. The Hunters Club were far better, them and The Bomb Party were the best Leicester bands.
The Bomb Party were ok... loved "Life's a Bitch!"

BUT... THE HUNTERS CLUB!!!! :notworthy:

Oh yes. Hated them at first, saw them supporting FOTN; then saw them support the Mish, and thought "well, I guess they're ok..", then supporting Ghost Dance; by which point I owned a few of their records and went to the front for a good ol' boogie....

My final experience of the Hunters live was at the Fulham Greyhound, when I travelled 300 miles to see them; so I guess you could say I grew to love them!

Only recently sold my "give me your soul" ltd 7" on ebay (sob sob)

Otis Oblivion, where are you now??!!
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
Batfish
Road Kill

Muppet wrote:
DOZMEISTER wrote:Saw the Bykers a few times they were ok. The Hunters Club were far better, them and The Bomb Party were the best Leicester bands.
The Bomb Party were ok... loved "Life's a Bitch!"

BUT... THE HUNTERS CLUB!!!! :notworthy:

Oh yes. Hated them at first, saw them supporting FOTN; then saw them support the Mish, and thought "well, I guess they're ok..", then supporting Ghost Dance; by which point I owned a few of their records and went to the front for a good ol' boogie....

My final experience of the Hunters live was at the Fulham Greyhound, when I travelled 300 miles to see them; so I guess you could say I grew to love them!

Only recently sold my "give me your soul" ltd 7" on ebay (sob sob)

Otis Oblivion, where are you now??!!
The Bomb Party were fantastic - Drugs? :D Liberace Rising? "Iggy, this is Jesus" :lol: Fish? :notworthy: classic stuff. Did anyone say grebo?
Hooray For Everything
Silver_Owl
The Don

Weren't Crazyhead from that neck of woods as well?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Batfish
Road Kill

Hom_Corleone wrote:Weren't Crazyhead from that neck of woods as well?
Yes, and they called their album Desert Orchid. :)
Hooray For Everything
scotty
Overbomber

Batfish wrote:
They had one called "Some Kind of Fever" as well, they were a great live band :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

The Porkbeast

... I'll get me coat...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:The Porkbeast

... I'll get me coat...
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Arch Deviant
Amphetamine Filth

Batfish wrote:
I remember that album as being excellent - Anderson, the singer great on stage. Always thought they would have been huge in a Guns 'n' Roses kind of way.
Y quedo llorando, llorando, llorando, llorando por tu amor
James Blast
Banned

In a similar style, whatever happened to Junior Manson Slags and Kill Ugly Pop?
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:In a similar style, whatever happened to Junior Manson Slags and Kill Ugly Pop?
Don't know about "Kill Ugly Pop", but I saw The Junior Mansion Slags Two or Three times and loved them 8) , the drummer left to join The Creaming Jesus and I never heard of them after that :|