Shameless Self-Promotion!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Back briefly to say check out the new site! 8)
The link is in the signature.
I know it's very basic, and some of it's rougher
than a $5 hooker, but hey, I'm a writer, I happen
to believe that text is important!

Anyway, feedback is most welcome.
Particularly on how it looks on browsers other than
Microshaft Internet Exploiter.

All suggestions will at least be read.
Anything to do with Java or flash will be met with
extreme prejudice!

Graphics and images as soon as I get round to designing
some.

Can anyone recomend some good HTML web designing
tools for the relative novice?
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Still, I quite enjoyed the bile section, which was most amusing! Although that kind of indulgance (by your associate) perhaps indicates a certain boredom? I'll read it thouroughly at some poiint and PM to you a more sophisticated response, if you wish?

If you make money from this cuppa tea, may-be you could giz a job? Incidentally, did you previously work in elec eng?

The site itself is quite stylish and is very easy to read. Obiously, I like the simplicity and elegance of the red text and the blue lines. I think it might be easier to navigate if the shortcuts (home,news,fiction...) were at the top and not the bottom of the various pages, since they are off screen on all but the home page. A minor point.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

MrEddy wrote:HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

If you make money from this cuppa tea, may-be you could giz a job? Incidentally, did you previously work in elec eng?

Unfortunately, I still do work in electrical engineering, hence the limited spare time.
The purpose of the site is primarily to reach an audience - I don't think there is likely to be that much money to be made.
I calculated something in the region of 900 copies a month would be required to equal my salary.
However, feel free to submit you CV to Cobalt Books!

A PM of your comments would certainly be welcome.

As for Mr Adams, not so much bored as frustrated with his environment.
He finds the current political climate both disappointing and worrying.
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Ooh! nice site!
Don't feel bad about how 'rough' you think it is - All my favourite web sites are the personal ones, like yours- the best thing about the net is finding wicked little sites that really reflect the webmaster's personality, rather than sterlilised, soulless sites.

I also have a little site that I knocked up in my spare time a few years back to suplement my income, not a bad little earner, it's called www.ebay.com

:lol:
Gazza for England manager
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

Erudite wrote: As for Mr Adams, not so much bored as frustrated with his environment.
He finds the current political climate both disappointing and worrying.

Fair enough!
:D
Black Shuk wrote: I also have a little site that I knocked up in my spare time a few years back to suplement my income, not a bad little earner, it's called www.ebay.com

Fair enough!
:D
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

So far, got to Raymond Chandler, Michael Moorcock and the Sisters....in the biography section...like them all and must get to the rest of the site ASAP....

Just finishing off Mother London at the moment which is a little freaky as spent a lot of time there...

Presume Iain Banks makes the cut too?

Good Luck !

Zuma
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Zuma wrote:
Just finishing off Mother London at the moment which is a little freaky as spent a lot of time there...

Presume Iain Banks makes the cut too?

Zuma
Very good book, Mother London.
And yes, Iain Banks does make the cut.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

As you might pick up from the amended signature - the site has
moved to its own domain:

http://www.leon-steelgrave.com

Drop on by; recommend it to your favourite search engine; buy the
t-shirt.