Never Land (A Fragment?) [Reissue] - Comments, etc

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Red_Kola
Amphetamine Filth

Dark wrote: wonder what the Floodland-era Untitled demo is, as well.. aside from "pretty damn good"
To my ears it sounds like a proto-I Was Wrong.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:what Untitled, am there two? :cry:
Remember you got that demo CD in the weeding section because it had a long demo version of Never Land on it? Well, it was the track before that. No vocals, just well-written instrumental parts.
James Blast
Banned

Dark wrote:
Remember you got that demo CD in the weeding section because it had a long demo version of Never Land on it? Well, it was the track before that. No vocals, just well-written instrumental parts.
Uh! wha, did I... where... when... who... WHY!? :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:
Dark wrote:
Oh, my mistake.

The weed I was referring to was this one, which you did get, but it turns out Untitled wasn't on this one.. weird, I could have sworn it was.

Ah well, you can download it here in the Sharing section.
James Blast
Banned

Cheers Korin but I can't get MonkeySpunkLoad to work. :(

Now get back on topic, all of you!!! :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Dark wrote:
James Blast wrote:
Dark wrote: Remember you got that demo CD in the weeding section because it had a long demo version of Never Land on it? Well, it was the track before that. No vocals, just well-written instrumental parts.
Oh, my mistake.

The weed I was referring to was this one, which you did get, but it turns out Untitled wasn't on this one.. weird, I could have sworn it was.

Ah well, you can download it here in the Sharing section.
better go here: http://myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=131734 :wink:
Worth it for that long untitled alone. Class!

and Never Land (full length) is fan-tas-tic ;D 8) :notworthy:
in dub we trust
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

So you had Untitled from the Domion single. Which was basically a slowed down version of Dominion. Amazingly good.

Then you had This One which was from the Acoustics From The Beehive boot.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

eventually i can join this thread

fantastic as a document from the cold war past. it lacks the atmosphere of a fragment as many of you also said, but has got its own very special atmosphere, as many of you said, and the additional (original and full) lyrics are great.

its the earliest version of the three we know i guess. a fragment is simply a productin enhanced mix of the 7.xx min demo, fragment and demo are in fact the very same recording. its now cool to follow the progress of this track

the rererelease in 2013 (25th annversary) will then include the this corrosion demos, i am shure......
love is just a shot away
James Blast
Banned

Bump!

and I listened to Never Land (full length) 9 times today

I really can't get enough of it
~ Peter Steele
eotunun
Overbomber

CellThree wrote:So you had Untitled from the Domion single. Which was basically a slowed down version of Dominion. Amazingly good.

:eek: Boy, that´s a nice tune! :notworthy: many THANKS!
Could it be waiting to get lyrics to become an entire song or never to appear anywhere..?
There is shadow under this red rock
hallucienate
Overbomber

eotunun wrote:
CellThree wrote:So you had Untitled from the Domion single. Which was basically a slowed down version of Dominion. Amazingly good.

Could it be waiting to get lyrics to become an entire song or never to appear anywhere..?
Parts of it became I Was Wrong
eotunun
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:
eotunun wrote:

Parts of it became I Was Wrong
Noticed that moments later.. :oops:
my posting came early.
Over excitement.. :oops:
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:Bump!

and I listened to Never Land (full length) 9 times today

I really can't get enough of it
second that..
great to hear the full version lyricks aswell...now we know where that neverland came from.. :p
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
replicant
Road Kill

Somehow all Sisters songs, even doctor jeep, get their hooks into my brain. After just one listen, they fix themselves there. No other band has that effect on me. Hearing the full version of Never Land for the fist time a few weeks back reminded me of how good that feels. A (sort of) new Sisters song, melting, deliciously into my brain. Only bad thing is: I’d come to accept the possibility that I might never hear a new sisters album, but now I don’t just want one, I need one.
Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good
eotunun
Overbomber

replicant wrote:Somehow all Sisters songs, even doctor jeep, get their hooks into my brain. After just one listen, they fix themselves there. No other band has that effect on me. Hearing the full version of Never Land for the fist time a few weeks back reminded me of how good that feels. A (sort of) new Sisters song, melting, deliciously into my brain. Only bad thing is: I’d come to accept the possibility that I might never hear a new sisters album, but now I don’t just want one, I need one.
:notworthy: Aye! :notworthy: Seconded. To each letter.
I yet have to get the re releases. I look forward to that moment of hearing them first, especially the full version.
Nic
Slight Overbomber

What are you wating for eotunun, schnell schnell! :D
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
James Blast
Banned

Never Land - War On Drugs - Romeo Down : The Assassin Trilogy

discuss
~ Peter Steele
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

all i can do is agree with You: Amen!

p.s.
nice avatar :wink:
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Never Land - War On Drugs - Romeo Down : The Assassin Trilogy

discuss
Can I write a book about The Demon Dog From Hell instead?
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
_emma_
Overbomber

Never Land Reissue is the song which I'll play on and on here on May the 2nd, while drinking myself to death and crying in my pillow, if I don't find enough courage in me to get on that plane. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Because the lyrics kinda fit the situation. :lol: :|
James Blast
Banned

"get on that plane"

so, you're going to spend good money that could be spent on the finest wines and etc. to go and see a shadow

stay home, play Wake and get drunk
~ Peter Steele
_emma_
Overbomber

If I stay home, I'll most definitely play one of the 2009 shows.
Wake is just a shadow these days for me. :)
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

A post of interest from Dominion (it does happen - which is why I'm still subscribed). Included in its entirety, as the bits not related to Never Land might also have an audience... ;)
Alex Shirley wrote:I have a Dominion CD single with Ozymandias on it... it's featured at the beginning on the Dominion video as well.

There were a large number of sax tracks (6 or 12?) on several slave masters recorded on the Dominion tracks, and several days were spent clumping them together and spinning in the takes (remember take was analogue in those days, well digital 36 track tape was just coming in)... It's actually brilliantly done if you regard it as a piece of art... Andrew recognised the fact the sax wave form sounds is exactly the same backwards as forwards.... once he'd done that he went straight off to shoot the Dominion video.

Never Land (Full Length) by the way is NOT a demo, this mix was done at exactly the time done at the same time as the mix on the album... the record company (WEA) simply preferred one mix over another. In my view (and possibly Andrew's) the full length version is superior to the mix on the original album. I was in the room when Andrew played both versions to the record company, and when the record company guy said he prefer the "short" version, Andrew simply replied something like "yes, thought you would"... as it certainly had a more "commercial" sound.

I suspect (not sure) the reason why it was included in the remasters was Andrew definitely wanted it out... for good reason.

Another thing was in 1959, no piano part was played exactly the same (different notes) I believe... it's subtle as it feels like an endless loop to the listener.

Ah trivia...
[/quote]
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim