CoF cover of No Time To Cry

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Purple Light wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:
James Blast wrote:nature should not be tampered with
Explain Gimme Shelter then? Covers are ace when they're done right, and CoF's takes on Hell Awaits and that Maiden number are definitely done right. So I was mildly (to put it mildly) disappointed with their, imho, totally wank version of NTTC. I'm still to hear a decent cover of a Sisters track.
To slightly move away from NTTC for 2 seconds. Best Sisters cover for me was the band that covered Floorshow on one of those Sisters Tribute CD's. Can't remember their name. Same CD that had Darkside Cowboys do F&L&A thrash metal style.
Headtrip INC. did Floorshow on A Mercyful Tribute to The Sisters.

Don't know about DSC and thrash metal though... :roll:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Nic wrote:
Purple Light wrote:
Planet Dave wrote: Explain Gimme Shelter then? Covers are ace when they're done right, and CoF's takes on Hell Awaits and that Maiden number are definitely done right. So I was mildly (to put it mildly) disappointed with their, imho, totally wank version of NTTC. I'm still to hear a decent cover of a Sisters track.
To slightly move away from NTTC for 2 seconds. Best Sisters cover for me was the band that covered Floorshow on one of those Sisters Tribute CD's. Can't remember their name. Same CD that had Darkside Cowboys do F&L&A thrash metal style.
Headtrip INC. did Floorshow on A Mercyful Tribute to The Sisters.

Don't know about DSC and thrash metal though... :roll:
Yep, that's it. Bloody great version as far as I'm concerned.

Dani (COF's singer) says on their website that the Tempation cover "started off as a bit of a joke." You don't say Dani. Stupid little dwarf. :roll:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
pikkrong
Overbomber

Lambchop Lambchop Lambchop and nothing but Lambchop :notworthy:
(or was there something worthy also on the Swedish compilation, can't remember...?)
do i drive
or am i driven
James Blast
Banned

why am I watching this topic, I hate Cock of Flambe?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
pikkrong
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:why am I watching this topic, I hate Cock of Flambe?
I have the same question (and the same reason to ask it).
do i drive
or am i driven
Nic
Slight Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:Lambchop Lambchop Lambchop and nothing but Lambchop :notworthy:
(or was there something worthy also on the Swedish compilation, can't remember...?)
Nic wrote:
eotunun wrote:I have that Mercifull Tribute thing, too. Dan Swanös Poison Door sonuds great to me, but doesn´tgo it´s own way. Funhouse do a good job, too. I think it´s the best of the tribute thingies I heard so far, that´s why I bought it. But didn´t listen to it for ages..
Dan Swanös take on Lucretia My Reflection you mean? That one is really good.
And Bay Laurel do a great version of Poison Door!

A Mercyful Tribute is for sure the best tribute album in my opinion.
:wink:
Lightivity
Road Kill

Thanks for enjoying our cover of Floorshow! It was years ago, but we're genuinly glad to get some feedback from you guys. We did much hard work that never really surfaced. You can read about Headtrip Inc at www.myspace.com/headtripinc and listen to some of our other songs. Thanks!
Last edited by Lightivity on 31 Oct 2006, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
Big Si
School Bully

Lightivity wrote:Thanks for enjoying our cover of Floorshow! It was years ago, but I'm genuinly glad to get some feedback from you guys. We did much hard work that never really surfaced. You can read about Headtrip Inc at www.myspace.com/headtripinc and listen to some of our other songs. Thanks!
Your tunes remind me of Terminal Power Company - nice one! :D

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
blog.myspace.com/headtripinc wrote:24 Hours –– new/old song published.

Please listen to the song 24 Hours just posted here on MySpace. It's an instrumental piece -- quite epic -- composed mainly by Jesper Granqvist.

24 Hours was produced and mixed in 1997 by Jocke Täck in the common music playground and rehearsal area called Dundret in Malmoe (it used to be located at the Kajen 305 quarters in the old industrial harbour, but these days the building is hosting a student administration center). To Headtrip's mild surprise the base of the recording was done on a huge 8-channel tape recorder, but Jocke the engineer assured us that the pleasant and warm sound quality of old 8-channel stock tape would prevail. In the end, we agreed.
He's right you know! :D 8)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Lightivity wrote:Thanks for enjoying our cover of Floorshow! It was years ago, but we're genuinly glad to get some feedback from you guys. We did much hard work that never really surfaced. You can read about Headtrip Inc at www.myspace.com/headtripinc and listen to some of our other songs. Thanks!
Really nice tunes, hope to hear more from you in the future. :notworthy:
Powerslave
Road Kill

Purple Light wrote:Being something of a Cradle fan (I ADORE their 1996 album Dusk & Her Embrace & tried to adore every other album... but struggled) I really despise their cover of NTTC. Dunno why, just plain don't like it.

Sod the album its on, its rubbish, go buy Dusk & Her Embrace for some real Filth!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Oooh yeah, totally agree.

Cradle didn't made the best of this song but... Why not...
legrand
Road Kill

This song is what got me into TSOM in the first place too just like mumbles. If it was not for this cover I would have never heard of Andrew. I think the song rocks by both bands. I know COF is not for everyone but I love it.