Never Met Experience

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

and you know what? I totally understand it. Some months ago i was surprised seeing Iggy live and meeting up with his fans and shaking hands and more, and i totally realized: jesus, von is an asshole he's just hiding in the fog, mumble and leave.

But if Von didn't, and he would jump around, sign cd's and pose on pictures for every goth in suburbia - then it wouldn't be the same.

I like the Salinger idea: 'Von never meets someone'. I mean, it is to-ta-lly weird of course, but the mystery keeps unsolved.
guns & cars & accidents
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

in Polish language "von" (literally: "won") means get the f*ck out...
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/profile.ph ... ofile&u=90
Currently disguised as an international man of mystery, coming soon to a grotty little hole near you. :lol:
Badlander
Overbomber

ormfdmrush wrote:as Ben said "he never meets anyone"
Or maybe his friends have nothing to do with the Sisters and the music industry in general. :innocent:
I guess that's just who he is : a professional musician, but no rock star. :von:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
canon docre
Overbomber

Badlander wrote:I guess that's just who he is : a professional musician, but no rock star. :von:
I'd think it's exactly the opposite.

a professional musician would sign autographs, talk to fans, give interviews, lick arses of rec industry executives, be an all 'round nice chap in order to produce and sell records.

a rockstar gives a f**k.

;D
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

Bartoszek wrote:in Polish language "von" (literally: "won") means get the f*ck out...
the same in Russian :D
in one case this one
and in the other it's just an article meaning "out"
canon docre wrote:
Badlander wrote:I guess that's just who he is : a professional musician, but no rock star. :von:

a professional musician would sign autographs, talk to fans, give interviews, lick arses of rec industry executives, be an all 'round nice chap in order to produce and sell records.

a rockstar gives a f**k.

;D
he's neither professional musician nor rockstar
he's just :von:
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

How about...a sentient being?

D'uh.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Badlander
Overbomber

canon docre wrote:

a rockstar gives a f**k.

;D
Whatever. You get the idea. 8)
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Badlander wrote:Some HLers did meet and talk to him, but they won't tell... simply because they don't show up very often. :von:
Yes they will (or have), and yes they do. I'm here all the bloody time! :lol:
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

I met him at the Fenton gig, very briefly. I asked him how he stayed so thin.

He seemed like a nice man, so I gave him a cigarette.
Very little of what you believe to be true is actually the case.

Sorry.
czuczu
Overbomber

He's been an affable chap when I've bumped into him but I wouldn't go out of my way to find him/get something signed/have a photo taken etc. Blagging drinks, fags etc is perfectly acceptable normal behaviour tho! :)
mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

I wasn't *quite* so ludicrously obsessed by then but I still had a heart-attack when my mate Rik gave me an odd look and whispered, "four o'clock" and I turned to see Von about six inches away.

I was pleased with my success in not swooning, giggling etc.

God knows what I'd say to him now. Meeting your idols is one thing but meeting idols you've been publicly impersonating for eight years is a whole other level of awkwardness.

Sorry.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh yeah I forgot that you know Rik too. He's a great chap. 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
aims
Overbomber

mockeldritch wrote:I was pleased with my success in not swooning, giggling etc.
I wish I could say the same for when I met Ben :lol:

Talking to Andrew would just be scary :|
mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

markfiend wrote:Oh yeah I forgot that you know Rik too. He's a great chap. 8)
He certainly is a most top and splendid fellow.

If by "know" you mean "spent ten years in a band with*" then yes!

If by "know" you mean carnally then no. :)

*eight of those ten years were probably spent getting drunk and saying how we should really do a gig/write a song/have a rehearsal at some point.

I think that living in the same house for three or four years and rehearsing roughly once every six months is a glorious victory for procrastination. I'm sure :von: could tell us a few things about that though!

Sorry.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

He was impressed with you, wasn't he Mocky? Sure I read somewhere you were worthy of a smile.

Sorry to p*ss off the people who were enjoying getting pissed off at his superior attitude, but at Joseph's Well, he was the bloody soul of courtesy. Was friendly to all and sundry, had his picture taken with assorted folks, made small talk, and even allowed his skin to touch Markfiends.

:eek: :lol:

Truly, not the arsehole people make him out to be.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

he can be seen in and around the pubs in york most weekends

i think he's just shy and why not :?
Goths have feelings too
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

it seems he is friendly only in his livingplace (or kinda)
so i'll grow up, make money and go to Leeds/York/somewhere to buy some beer for my main inspiration source
they could play a secret gig then under the name Russian Mothers :lol:
Badass
Amphetamine Filth

I kind of met Von backstage after the Winterthur/Switzerland gig in 91. He was hanging around in an easy mood, giving autographs to some fans. Suddenly he was standing right in front of me and we said hi. Then we both went our way. Lifechanging experience... :D
This is not revenche, this is punishment
mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

timsinister wrote:He was impressed with you, wasn't he Mocky? Sure I read somewhere you were worthy of a smile.
Hm. I've not heard that. I'd be happy to believe it, so I will! :)

Maybe you're thinking of Paddy? Apparently Von seemed positive when he met him at the 21st bash.

Sorry.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

mockeldritch wrote:
timsinister wrote:He was impressed with you, wasn't he Mocky? Sure I read somewhere you were worthy of a smile.
Hm. I've not heard that. I'd be happy to believe it, so I will! :)

Maybe you're thinking of Paddy? Apparently Von seemed positive when he met him at the 21st bash.
you might be thinking of gary...

i played him a couple of live snippets of the smurphs doing alice & body electric, recorded on my camera-phone, and he seemed genuinely impressed at sid's howling :lol: :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Badlander wrote:
ormfdmrush wrote:as Ben said "he never meets anyone"
Or maybe his friends have nothing to do with the Sisters and the music industry in general. :innocent:
I guess that's just who he is : a professional musician, but no rock star. :von:
:o

ummmm, i think simon ("nurse"), choque, justin (nma), jez (roadie to the stars), and the rest of his chums might be surprised to hear themselves described that way :lol:

i gather uncle andy can regularly be seen on the terraces at elland road these days, watching leeds united. not that he's a fan as such, more that several of his friends are season ticket holders and he regularly pops along with them...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Quiff Boy wrote:
i gather uncle andy can regularly be seen on the terraces at elland road these days, watching leeds united. not that he's a fan as such, more that several of his friends are season ticket holders and he regularly pops along with them...
should be very easy to spot then, in that crowd of, i dunno, a 100 or so :twisted:
Goths have feelings too
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
should be very easy to spot then, in that crowd of, i dunno, a 100 or so :twisted:
Quite charitable of him, I'd say. I assume he's taken that lovely Red scarf off his belt these days, if he's wasting his saturdays in the Asda Smart Price Butter Stand or whatever it's called.
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Planet Dave wrote:
paint it black wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
Quite charitable of him, I'd say. I assume he's taken that lovely Red scarf off his belt these days, if he's wasting his saturdays in the Asda Smart Price Butter Stand or whatever it's called.
Manchester United ceased to be a "football club" sometime around the mid-nineties, choosing instead to become a marketing machine, and the primary revenue-generating arm of a consortium of race horse owners.

The scarf went west approximately around the same time.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too