Bands you have discovered for yourself this year

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
James Blast wrote:you forgot VDGG and Shriekback* (again) Z

*was that last year?
I think they were :D I did however forget to give King Crimson and the Tangs a mention, :notworthy:
and The God Machine :innocent:
Ah, someone who appreciates The God Machine! Always thought we're few and far between, us TGM fans. You don't happen to like Sophia as well, do you?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ahráyeph wrote:Ah, someone who appreciates The God Machine! Always thought we're few and far between, us TGM fans. You don't happen to like Sophia as well, do you?
Sophia, very good as well! :D

And obviously Izzy did not only introduce the notworthy-smiley on the board but introduced me to some bands as well with his Doooooom CD ;D :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

I'm amazed and shocked to find that I've actually heard NO new bands, or bands that I've not heard before, that have actually blown me away this year. I think there was one French band on Myspace (Eilara? or something like that) that sounded excellent, but other than that... nowt.

Hey ho. New releases this year from Tool, Killing Joke, Faces of Sarah, NFD, Muse... guess there was a lot to live up to!
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
Debaser
Overbomber

Grinderman

Union of Knives

Infadels

Damien Bruer

Thee Lord John

and other bits and bobs
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Arch Deviant
Amphetamine Filth

ormfdmrush wrote: yeah, great band
mistaken, because i actually remember only Edwards' appearance, sorry
discovered them this yeah, too
i'm really glad
another cowboy post-punk, but not like Neph :lol:

Cowboy post-punk? :urff: Perhaps I have been listening to a different band.
Y quedo llorando, llorando, llorando, llorando por tu amor
sultan2075
Overbomber

Arch Deviant wrote:
i'm really glad

No, that's a decent description. I used to liken them to the Birthday Party if they'd formed in the 1890's. I think they do get decidedly less bluegrass-hillibilly-creepy-backwoods-fanaticish after Low Estate though.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Arch Deviant
Amphetamine Filth

sultan2075 wrote:
Arch Deviant wrote:
i'm really glad

No, that's a decent description. I used to liken them to the Birthday Party if they'd formed in the 1890's. I think they do get decidedly less bluegrass-hillibilly-creepy-backwoods-fanaticish after Low Estate though.
I guess it depends on your points of reference.
Y quedo llorando, llorando, llorando, llorando por tu amor
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:
Obviousman wrote: I think they were :D I did however forget to give King Crimson and the Tangs a mention, :notworthy:
and The God Machine :innocent:
Ah, someone who appreciates The God Machine! Always thought we're few and far between, us TGM fans. You don't happen to like Sophia as well, do you?
Oh yes! The God Machine :notworthy: :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: :notworthy:

One of my favourite bands of all time! Very intense stuff and it really struck a chord in me... I remember very well that when I discovered their debut cd in 1992, I thought that they were very close to the Nephilim sound, even a bit too close. A few months and many listening sessions later I was completely hooked on Scenes from the second storey ... and I am still today 8) They opened Pukkelpop in 93 and that was pure dynamite!
Then the death of Jimmy surprised us all and that was it for The God Machine. They are very much missed...

And Sophia is nice too, of course. Seen 'm a few times over the years and was never not impressed :notworthy:
The new album is great too, but I missed them last week in Ghent & Brussels.

Maybe there aren't many God Machine fans around, but the ones I've met over the years were all into it big time :D Nice to meet you, Ahráyeph :wink:
in dub we trust