Apocalypto

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

Great movie! Those Aztecs where crazy bastards. :twisted:

Not only was the movie great but 2 of the trailers shown looked awsome! :notworthy: 8) :notworthy:

300 -
Based on the epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, 300 is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas
and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army.

http://300themovie.warnerbros.com

Pathfinder - Pathfinder is the story of a young Viking boy left behind as the only survivor of a shipwrecked expedition. A stranger in a strange land, the boy is raised by a tribe of American Indians - the very people the Vikings had sworn to destroy. When Vikings again storm the eastern shores, this tribe is slaughtered by another barbaric campaign. Now he wages a violent personal war to stop the Vikings' trail of death and destruction.

http://www.pathfinderthemovie.com
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
James Blast
Banned

@ 300, so Manowar are on tour again? :lol:
Korin will be a very happy bunny :wink:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:@ 300, so Manowar are on tour again? :lol:
:lol:
nothing wrong with a bit of Manowar btw :twisted:

but yes that trailer looks nice, I hope it will live upto my expectations.
Another Shade of You.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:@ 300, so Manowar are on tour again? :lol:
I missed their EP.

But I'm interested in the DVD.. especially this part:

"...MANOWAR's full two-hour-plus performance, leading up to a true moment in heavy metal history as the band performs their classic "Battle Hymn" as a finale with a once-in-a-lifetime lineup of all band members past and present..."

Seeing ALL the people who've ever been in Manowar, playing the first ever metal song I liked/loved... that's gotta be good.

Be fair, they're alright when they're not singing about singing metal. ;)
James Blast
Banned

No, Manowar are a joke and I was there when they started, just remember that - at the time we/the rock press considered them the 'Rocky Horror Show' of metal (a bad thing), they even outstripped Kiss in the Division of Naff Metal Bands.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Apolcalyptos, I like the Tropical Orange flavour ones... :innocent: :roll: :oops:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote:Apolcalyptos, I like the Tropical Orange flavour ones... :innocent: :roll: :oops:
Take my mother-in-law......................please! ;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
boudicca
Sister Midnight

weebleswobble wrote:
boudicca wrote:Apolcalyptos, I like the Tropical Orange flavour ones... :innocent: :roll: :oops:
Thank you, thank you!
I'm in 'till Thursday. Try the veal.

:lol: :oops:
9while9
Slight Overbomber

Huh........... :?:
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

9while9
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:
I was out shopping the other day when I saw six women beating my Mother-in-law up. As I stood there and watched, her neighbor, who knew me, said, "Well, aren't you going to help?" I replied, "No. Six of them is enough". ;D

boudicca
Sister Midnight

9while9 wrote:
It was a play on words (and a bit of product placement) so embarrassingly bad that I don't want to explain it... :oops: :oops: :oops:

If you get it, you will be stabbing yourself in the eyes with biros. I know I am. If not, be thankful! :lol:
9while9
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
9while9 wrote:
It was a play on words (and a bit of product placement) so embarrassingly bad that I don't want to explain it... :oops: :oops: :oops:

If you get it, you will be stabbing yourself in the eyes with biros. I know I am. If not, be thankful! :lol:
Ok, you have the gun.......... :lol:

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

9while9 wrote:Great movie! Those Aztecs where crazy bastards. :twisted:
It's actually about the Maya :innocent:

A lot of Mayan leaders are complaining that the film's depiction of their ancestors is inaccurate and racist.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

markfiend wrote:

A lot of Mayan leaders are complaining that the film's depiction of their ancestors is inaccurate and racist.
Nah, some mistake surely? Mel Gibson is involved after all, there's no-one I trust more to provide me with an accurate representation of historical fact :innocent: His track record speaks for itself.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote:
markfiend wrote:

Nah, some mistake surely? Mel Gibson is involved after all, there's no-one I trust more to provide me with an accurate representation of historical fact :innocent: His track record speaks for itself.
Now now, there's no need to be sarcy, Claire. :P
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Arch Deviant
Amphetamine Filth

boudicca wrote:
markfiend wrote:

:notworthy: :notworthy: Having watched The Passion I have to agree, Mel has a very loose grip on his own reality nevermind that of history.
Y quedo llorando, llorando, llorando, llorando por tu amor
9while9
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:

I never said it was a documentary. :!:
And I'm sure it is just loadded with historical inaccuracies.
But I still liked it. :roll: :lol:

Yes depiction of ancient Mayan society as well as use of the language.

But, the female captives are sold as slaves, while the men are painted blue and taken to the top of a step pyramid to have their hearts removed, be decapitated, and have their headless bodies thrown down the front steps of the pyramid, a direct representation of what is known about the most extreme forms of human sacrifice in Aztec culture, including the blue paint. Similar methods were adopted by the Maya as portrayed in the film. ;D

Dark
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:No, Manowar are a joke and I was there when they started, just remember that - at the time we/the rock press considered them the 'Rocky Horror Show' of metal (a bad thing), they even outstripped Kiss in the Division of Naff Metal Bands.
Whatever you say, man. You just keep to your prog. ;)

You saying Rocky Horror is a bad thing? I'm ashamed. :|
James Blast
Banned

You may be ashamed, markfiend and myself are rather proud. ;D
~ Peter Steele
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

I've always rather enjoyed Mr Gibson's films.
The Man without A Face and The Passion are both well directed, and I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

Of course, I couldn't be in the same room with him without an argument breaking out, but sometimes you've got to divorce the work from the person and judge it on its own merits.

Maybe I'm easily amused, but I'm not about to loose any sleep over it.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

I prefer my movies to feature cancer guns and men in tweed jackets making fun of people who try to sound smart by saying didacticism but mispronounce it. Oh, and for the movies to be in English... unless I'm randy, and then it's French.
9while9
Slight Overbomber

Erudite wrote:I've always rather enjoyed Mr Gibson's films.
The Man without A Face and The Passion are both well directed, and I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

Of course, I couldn't be in the same room with him without an argument breaking out, but sometimes you've got to divorce the work from the person and judge it on its own merits.

Maybe I'm easily amused, but I'm not about to loose any sleep over it.
Hope I didn't spoil the movie for you wif my details.. ;D ........Enjoy I did!. :D

James Blast
Banned

you've gone all Yoda on us
~ Peter Steele