The Nefilim? I want more!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

Greetings everybody!

I've spent the last week in a delivery car listening to Nefilim's "Zoon" and Fields' "Fallen". I really like the sound of it! It's, in my opinion, the best Carl McCoy have ever made. But there are only these two cd's. Does anyone know if there is any other band sounding similar? I would be grateful if somebody could help me!
"Love is the empty place where loneliness is born"
Big Si
School Bully

http://nfd.web.com/

Featuring current Neph Tony Petitt, former Neph Peter Yates and the former Nef Simon Rippin. Haven't heard anything myself but keeping an ear open as they say.

http://www.fieldsofthenephilim.de/addfi ... _bands.htm - a few bands listed here.
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

Thank you Big Si! Sadly there weren't any mp3's for download on the NFD-site but I'll check the net. It's strange though, I don't like metal-music but somehow the Nefilim got away with it! I think it's f**king marvellous!
Thea
Overbomber

fallen is the best FON album. end of.
from the fire, hollow doll, subsanity, deeper and the new version of "trees come down"....
better than something really really good.
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Elizium gets my vote too...

It's just so excellently overblown and prog-goth and nonsensical and frankly brilliant...not a duff track on it, and one can't even say that of any of the Sisters' albums IMHO!! :twisted:

But that's just me...

I do think that Fallen also has more going for it than its detractors would have us believe... :innocent:

Never really 'got' the Nefilim stuff...First three tracks off the album were good, but then just gets like a boring metal--growly-shouty fest... ;D
Amused to death...
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

Elizium is too "swollen" for me! Fallen is good but it sounds 'unfinished' in some way... Zoon is great! :D
Big Si
School Bully

Dimehart wrote:Elizium is too "swollen" for me! Fallen is good but it sounds 'unfinished' in some way... Zoon is great! :D
I've got some zoon demo's and live stuff on mp3 if you would like a copy on audio tape? (Still no CDR! :roll: )
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis