Neverland 11 minute + Version

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Anybody? ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Big Si
School Bully

And will the earth break your fall
And the hurt break your will
And the heartbreak be over
It will

We are coming down, we fall
Hand in hand in hand in hand
We are coming down but we will
Never never land

I had a face on the mirror etc...

We are coming down, we fall
Hand in hand in hand in hand
We are coming down but we will
Never never land

With our backs to the sky
And our eyes to the ground
With the clouds far below
No horizon around

With the wind in our face
And our arms open wide
We will pass through this place
To the other side

All the days of our lives
All the ways of our calling
Fall

I had a face on the mirror etc...

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... &start=475 :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Silver_Owl
The Don

Thanks Si :!: :notworthy:
Singing along now. :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
mh
Above the Chemist

Andrew Eldritch wrote:I had this vision. You know in the summer if you lay on the grass and stare at the sky, you can almost see beyond the stars, but cannot quite get a grip on what's there? Well, sometimes it's very difficult to work out exactly what it is that keeps you pressed between the earth and the sky and why you don't whoosh off into oblivion. Neverland is coming about this the other way: the entire population of the earth starting to travel from some indefinable point in space toward the earth at increasing speed. It would take an eternity to reach the earth - by which time you'd be reasonably spiritualised - and even when you reached the destination, you wouldn't actually hit the ground. You'd be going so fast you'd just go through and out the other side, where there is another eternity of nothingness. I just tried to write a song about these impressions.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Silver_Owl
The Don

mh wrote:
Andrew Eldritch wrote:I had this vision. You know in the summer if you lay on the grass and stare at the sky, you can almost see beyond the stars, but cannot quite get a grip on what's there? Well, sometimes it's very difficult to work out exactly what it is that keeps you pressed between the earth and the sky and why you don't whoosh off into oblivion. Neverland is coming about this the other way: the entire population of the earth starting to travel from some indefinable point in space toward the earth at increasing speed. It would take an eternity to reach the earth - by which time you'd be reasonably spiritualised - and even when you reached the destination, you wouldn't actually hit the ground. You'd be going so fast you'd just go through and out the other side, where there is another eternity of nothingness. I just tried to write a song about these impressions.
It's stuff like thsi that reminds me why I love the man so and spend so much time in our virtual home. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol: :cry: :oops:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
eotunun
Overbomber

mh wrote:
And
on the homepage Andrew wrote:It's called 'Never Land (a fragment)' to reflect the way the song sounds: overheard and fondly detached. It's really not got so much to do with the (literal) fragmentation and moral issues of Goethe's Faust ...honest.
...honest. Sure ;D
(literal) fragmentation: Obvious. The state of the narrator after the impact.
Faust: I never read it, but at german Wikipedia one of the first lines says:
So schreitet in dem engen Bretterhaus den ganzen Kreis der Schöpfung aus, und wandelt mit bedächtger Schnelle vom Himmel durch die Welt zur Hölle!
A line from the prologue of the stage version.
"So walk through the entire circle of creation in in this narrow house of boards, and wander with thoughtfull step from heaven through the world to hell!"
Now read the interview again.
More here

I´m absolutely not sure what to make of it though.
:notworthy:

Edit: All I am sure about now, after reading through a pile of pages on Faust (initial version), Faust (A FRAGMENT), Faust part one and Faust part two is that my initial ideas on the lyrics were a lorry`s load of bulls. Thank god I deleted that in time.. :lol:
Faust and the reborn Helen have a son, Euphorion, who falls to death when flying around in high spirits.. :wink:
There is shadow under this red rock
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nice thread! Interesting stuff! Thank you all! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I think his interview comments answer the questions fairly well:

It's about flying through space.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Christ, that's just gorgeous. Thanks, Si! :notworthy: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Goodness gracious.

Stunning.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
James Blast
Banned

mh was the first to print them Sinny, credit where credit's due ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:mh was the first to print them Sinny, credit where credit's due ;D
Aye, thanks for the thanks, but it weren't me :oops:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
mh
Above the Chemist

But full marks also to The Big Man for being on the ball with this. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

... and I think I should get a pat on the back for being so fair :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eotunun
Overbomber

*pat!*
There is shadow under this red rock
James Blast
Banned

... just finished listening to it, oops, time to put it back on... :D
~ Peter Steele
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

I really want to hear this song, but I don't want to fork out all that money considering I have all the other tracks. :evil:

Is it tinny like the demo on "Demos & Outtakes 1981 - 1986" or does it sound like the Floodland version?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Second option, it's really clear, doesn't have a demo-feel to it at all!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
robertzombie
Overbomber

nick the stripper wrote:I really want to hear this song, but I don't want to fork out all that money considering I have all the other tracks. :evil:

Is it tinny like the demo on "Demos & Outtakes 1981 - 1986" or does it sound like the Floodland version?
It's on Amazon for a fiver :wink:
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:
nick the stripper wrote:I really want to hear this song, but I don't want to fork out all that money considering I have all the other tracks. :evil:

You're joking, right? :eek:

I'm definitely ordering them at that price.
James Blast
Banned

nick the stripper wrote:I'm definitely ordering them at that price.
I will hold you to that one, especially where Floodland is concerned :wink: ;D :urff:
~ Peter Steele
robertzombie
Overbomber

nick the stripper wrote:
robertzombie wrote:

You're joking, right? :eek:

I'm definitely ordering them at that price.
YOU'D BE MAD NOT TO :D
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

Can anyone else hear Von breathing heavily and in beat with the drum or am I going insane? It's barely audible, but I'm sure I can hear it.
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote:
Well. Whatever he says. I've had the impression that the track is about a somewhat more banal experience -- like, if you've made a final decision, and the ground is fast approaching, and time is starting to stretch. You probably won't notice the landing.
Would be a good reason, too, not to include the whole text in the recorded version. Unless you wanted to make a point in a very cheap g*th kinda way.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

so another one fuelled by persian rugs and a large brain. :notworthy:
actually, as he desribes it it sounds exactly like the first time i smoked that salvia divinorum concentrate. 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: