Belgian HL Invasion!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

A good idea from Claire:

Here is the separate thread concerning an alleged attack on our beloved Flanders Fields.

The culprits seems to be an unlikely alliance between the "British Allied Warriors" and the "Blokes Aw Glesgan 'n' Surroundings", better known as:

:twisted: :twisted: "the BAW/BAGS" :twisted: :twisted:

Landing place of the all-out attack seems to be Brussels Airport, and the target of the Op is assumed to be the lovely town of Lier, where they are going to try and take a whole band hostage. And probably rape all the money and loot the women in the process.

Anyone on the mainland feeling rather chauvinistic is urged to come over to Lier on FEBRUARY 24th 2007, where your duties will be further explained.

More info on the website of the band, BTW ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Is this going to be an entirely Jocko Homo-erotic affair? :innocent:

Brussels airport you say... do you mean Charleroi? I saw that Ryanair fly there from Prestwick pretty cheap, but how to get from there to Lier? And where to stay...?
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
eotunun
Overbomber

I hope se Dsherrmans von´t encounterr se same prroblem as in 1916 vhen trrying to crross se Arrdenns vestbound?
There is shadow under this red rock
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Brussels and Charleroi are two different airports. I mostly use Brussels as a reference, since a lot of flights arrive there.

But in Belgian terms, Brussels and Charleroi are not far from each other ;)

You can easily take the train from Brussels to Lier and it will cost you almost nothing. I sent James some prices, and I think it was 8 pounds for a Train ticket return.

Ther are three hotels in Lier. "Hof Van Aragon" (rather posh), "Florent" (rather new) and "Handelshof" (rather pish but near the station). To go to the gig proper, the longest walking distance from these three hotels will be at about 20-30 minutes I guess.

But some Belgian peeps are calling around as we speak to see if some people have spare rooms, beds, shacks and sheds to stow you people away. More info as I get it of course ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

The Florent looks nice to me, I need me own espace you see.

http://www.hotelflorent.be/
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: the longest walking distance from these three hotels will be at about 20-30 minutes I guess.
Your talking about a verry slow/drunk walk right? :P I can cross Lier in 20min.

I have my own place to sleap in Lier but I'm afraid there are no spare rooms :?
Another Shade of You.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:A good idea from Claire:

Here is the separate thread concerning an alleged attack on our beloved Flanders Fields.

The culprits seems to be an unlikely alliance between the "British Allied Warriors" and the "Blokes Aw Glesgan 'n' Surroundings", better known as:

:twisted: :twisted: "the BAW/BAGS" :twisted: :twisted:

Landing place of the all-out attack seems to be Brussels Airport, and the target of the Op is assumed to be the lovely town of Lier, where they are going to try and take a whole band hostage. And probably rape all the money and loot the women in the process.

Anyone on the mainland feeling rather chauvinistic is urged to come over to Lier on FEBRUARY 24th 2007, where your duties will be further explained.

More info on the website of the band, BTW ;)

IZ.
Seeing as I don't have anything on my schedule (anymore) that day, count me in by all means. But really, Lier? Are you sure you're doing these good people a favour by having them come to Lier? After all, Walter Grootaers lives there and bumping into him might scar them for life. ;D Then again, a taste of the FGG medicine might just remedy that. ;) I can't offer any spare rooms, unfortunately, but I can help out with the transportation side of things. I've got three spare seats in my car when I drive to Lier anyway and Brussels National Airport is about 15 mins away from where I live. Charleroi (boastfully called Brussels South, even when it's located 60 kms away from the capital :twisted:) is a bit further away, but it's no prob at all to pick people up there either. Might save you some money that can be put to good use beveragewise. Just let me know the hows, wheres and whens and your HL Airport Cabbie will pick you up and drive you to the crime scene... ;)
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Perhaps add a Friday night in Antwerp? :D

It's easy enough to get to the whole of Belgium from both Charleroi and Zaventem by train, bus or whatever you feel like. Just get in touch with your favourite local HLer and she/he will be glad to help you out ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

Top man Raf! Image
I'd like to book a seat on the Rafmobile, I'll get back with time and a place when everything is booked. I'm thinking a two-three day sojourn in Flanders would be appropriate. :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:I'm thinking a two-three day sojourn in Flanders would be appropriate. :D
That's very good! :D I'll get everything in order to guide you guys around, perhaps a bit of tourism and all that? :lol: 8)

BTW! If your local airport does Eindhoven instead of Charleroi with Ryanair: Much cheaper, same distance!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

Check this price out!

Outward
Reg fare Adult Reg Fare 22.99 GBP

Fri, 23 Feb 07
Flight FR7924
12:00 Depart Glasgow Prestwick (PIK)
14:35 Arrive Brussels S. Charleroi (CRL)

Return
Adult Reg Fare 0.99 GBP

Mon, 26 Feb 07

Flight FR7923
11:00 Depart Brussels S. Charleroi (CRL)
11:35 Arrive Glasgow Prestwick (PIK)

and how come it takes 2:35 to get there and only 0:35 to get back?
:eek: :lol: :eek: :lol: :eek:
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

There's no policeman issueing speeding tickets going the other way... :lol:

Or perhaps it's time zones? :P
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

thanks Z smart Alec bastard! :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Top man Raf! Image
I'd like to book a seat on the Rafmobile, I'll get back with time and a place when everything is booked. I'm thinking a two-three day sojourn in Flanders would be appropriate. :D
Consider your seat reserved, Brother Blast :). Two more left, if anyone wants them. Adding a night in Antwerp, adding a night in Brussels, Ghent or Leuven, it's all possible. The latter's less than ten mins away from where I live and has the added value of having a market square with bars lined up next to each other all the way round (and a high school in the middle to compensate and teach the youngins early ;D). You won't find that anywhere in the world. Drink one beer in every bar and yer pished for the rest of the weekend... ;D
James Blast
Banned

It just gets better and better! :D
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I'd opt for Antwerp-Lier-Ghent or the other way round, you'll have had the Best Belgian cities then :D (every Belgian city has too many pubs to count :lol:)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
christophe
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote: (every Belgian city has too many pubs to count :lol:)
did you ever heard of the town Pulderbos?
no tankstations, no stores, no banks. 1 frituur and 5 pubs :lol:

it is all good for me, whatever you guys arange. I'll be there 8)
Another Shade of You.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

christophe wrote:
Obviousman wrote: (every Belgian city has too many pubs to count :lol:)
did you ever heard of the town Pulderbos?
no tankstations, no stores, no banks. 1 frituur and 5 pubs :lol:
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

Just about sums it up ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

Debts and obligations filled...
Image Image

;D :lol: ;D :lol: ;D :lol: ;D
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

Wha's aw goin' then?
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Debts and obligations filled...
Image Image

Laminates for all!! ;D;D;D;D
James Blast
Banned

Ahráyeph wrote:Laminates for all!! ;D;D;D;D
I'm working on it... 8) :D :lol:
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Ahráyeph wrote:Consider your seat reserved, Brother Blast :). Two more left, if anyone wants them.
That would be great, if I could nab one of them. I don't take up much room... you'll still have one and a half left :lol: :oops:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Debts and obligations filled...
Image Image

Another work of genious Brer Blast!
James Blast
Banned

Zuma wrote:Another work of genious Brer Blast!
wine has been taken tonight, hasn't it Dave? :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Peter Steele