so.. sky digital. owt good on it then?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

got sky digital installed today, ready for the footy season in a few weeks ;)

got the "sky world" package - which is pretty much all of it, apart from the "extra" ones like film4 etc.

have had a skim through the 600 or so channels of cack and managed to find a couple of interesting music channels and an interesting program about james dean on the biography channel. :von:

but thats about it - there's way too much stuff to be able to work out what you want - this will take some time! :urff:

anyone got any recommendations for anything else worth watching? when and what channel?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Big Si
School Bully

Usually Discovery Channels, History and UK History. You've probably found MTV2 and Kerrang. Challenge TV for Takeshi's Castle, naturally. And right now Starsky and Hutch on Granada Plus :notworthy:

http://www.starsky-and-hutch.com/starthere.htm

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/sgn/sh/
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Well, enjoy the Sky - was staying over with friends last night who have the "every channel on the planet" option - still nothing to see apart from the novelty value of the shopping channels, sure it will supply the footie though - funny how so much of it is reruns of the BBC stuff, oh and obviously if you are a home owner and need a loan it will give you plenty of choices :wink: , or had an accident.....
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Zuma wrote:Well, enjoy the Sky - was staying over with friends last night who have the "every channel on the planet" option - still nothing to see apart from the novelty value of the shopping channels, sure it will supply the footie though - funny how so much of it is reruns of the BBC stuff, oh and obviously if you are a home owner and need a loan it will give you plenty of choices :wink: , or had an accident.....
yup, i am getting that impression ;) :roll:
Dreamweapon
Road Kill

I would recommend Takeshi's Castle as well, also Discovery Home and Leisure has late night poker on at midnight during the week.
Not to everyone's taste but i also like Two Guys and a Girl on Trouble TV, although the channel can lead to an over-exposure of Engel
I walk 47 miles of barbed wire
Wear a cobra snake for a neck tie
Thea
Overbomber

don't have it anymore due to lack of job :(

the crystal maze ruled. and doctor who of course.
challenge tv rocks.

(betcha none of that stuff's on anymore... :( )
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

d00mw0lf wrote:don't have it anymore due to lack of job :(

the crystal maze ruled. and doctor who of course.
challenge tv rocks.

(betcha none of that stuff's on anymore... :( )
actually, it is! :o :urff:

do they show the adventure game? :D :D :D
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

try friendly TV (268 i think? )

it is absolutely appalling and therfore by default, enticing and addictive.

It's been on air for about 2 months now :eek: I can only assume Roman is funding this project too :?
Goths have feelings too
Debaser
Overbomber

Well I used to subscribeto FilmFour then had a fit of pique when they wanted to charge me double. I only realised how much I actually watched it once it had gone :'(

I spend a lot of time on Paramount (sucker for Happy Days and Mork & Mindy) hoping and praying for some re-runs of Laverne & Shirley!

Radio 6 is a must but you knew that anyway. Discovery and that caboodle are great...look out for Nippy and his mate who bought a rundown barn in France!

Debaser
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else