Underrated sisters songs

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

As for underrated songs, rather than underplayed, i've always had the idea that Dr. Jeep and Detonation Boulevard leave many people cold.

Floorshow would be great live but i'm not sure what kind of arrangement could be made of it not to turn it into porridge. The couple of times it was played in 93 were interesting at most and saved only by Andy's out of control performance.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

Torch.
more-sedatives-pls
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

nick the stripper wrote:Torch.
oh no

I think not.

It's impossible to underrate Torch

What a terribly boring thing that is hey.....
Immodium for the people
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

robertzombie wrote:They played F&L&A on the tour, didn't Wayne have some involvement in that song?
Oh yeah. :oops:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

What a terribly boring thing that is hey.....
You're kidding? :eek:

That was the song that got me into the Sisters. The minute that woodwind started playing, shivers went down my spine. The bass playing a beat before everything else building anticipation, which is impressive for a slow song. The erotic/religious imagery invoked by the lyrics. Eldritch's voice at its most wispy.

The song is pure genius.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Torch is absolutely fantastic.

I wouldn't mind seeing them coming out to the instrumental of Colours and then finishing off with Von growling the lyrics (whilst Ben and Chris stand around doing nothing) 8) very nice, very nice.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Underrated full stop...

Romeo Down.

Underrated & already released...

Another vote for Dr Jeep.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Eldorado
Road Kill

I wouldn't think he underates any of his back catalogue but I'm sure he doesn't want to be playing a 'Greatest Hits' tour and after this length of time he must gets pretty bored playing material he must have played thousands of times. If the set was predictable I think it would turn many long-term fans off going to gigs.
I have seen Motorhead a few times when they haven't played either Motorhead or Ace Of Spades. It didn't spoil anything.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Eldorado wrote:I wouldn't think he underates any of his back catalogue but I'm sure he doesn't want to be playing a 'Greatest Hits' tour and after this length of time he must gets pretty bored playing material he must have played thousands of times. If the set was predictable I think it would turn many long-term fans off going to gigs.
I have seen Motorhead a few times when they haven't played either Motorhead or Ace Of Spades. It didn't spoil anything.
aye. good point... new order without blue monday is something of a blessing too.

that said, when bauhaus didnt play bela the 2nd night in new york (november 2005) there was nearly a riot :o :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Eldorado
Road Kill

Last time I saw Bauhaus I went to the loo when they played Bela. I was actually suprised they played it.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Eldorado wrote:Last time I saw Bauhaus I went to the loo when they played Bela. I was actually suprised they played it.
and on a similar the cult milked "...sanctuary" somethying chronic on their last tour. when they played it during the manchester gig the intro seemed to last about 20 minutes.... the song got a mental reception though :o :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Eldorado
Road Kill

The Cult have been milking everything and anything from genre to fashion for 20 years. Extending a crap song only prolongs the pain. You actually went to see them ! :eek:
Pista
Cureboi

I went to see the Cult last year in Sopron & I thought Sanctury was good. Wasn't milked as far as I could tell & the reaction was crazy.

I enjoyed them too (Except the utter mess they made of Edie, which is
sh!t anyway, so no loss really)
Hadn't seen them since the 80's & I think you can interpret them as being over the top, but I wouldn't say milking.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
scotty
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I'm with mh, just think what a kick erse version this line-up would do of YCBTO.
FUDS!!!
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

scotty wrote:
James Blast wrote:I'm with mh, just think what a kick erse version this line-up would do of YCBTO.
FUDS!!!
DITTO!!!
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
sultan2075
Overbomber

Eldorado wrote: I have seen Motorhead a few times when they haven't played either Motorhead or Ace Of Spades. It didn't spoil anything.
You sure about that? I'd swear I've read in an interview that Lemmy said they will play Ace of Spades every single night for the simple fact that even though he might be sick of it, he knows that the fans want to hear it, and he feels he owes it to them.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
robertzombie
Overbomber

If only Von was as kind-hearted as Lemmy :(
Badlander
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:If only Von was as kind-hearted as Lemmy :(
So, so true. :|
Lemmy hates the music industry just as much as Von does, but the difference is that he does release - very good - records and gives the fans what they want.
CLT Motörhead live @ Wooargh Weekender, 13 October 1984
It's from Orgasmatron 2006 2CD deluxe expanded edition.
All these recent Motörreissues come with a nice booklet and killer bonus tracks, sometimes even a whole live show.
Is that classy or what ? ;D
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
lachert
Overbomber

@sisters... no class! thum dum du dum, thum du du dum. no class!
:lol:
long live rock'n'roll
James Blast
Banned

Hasn't Lemmy turned into a bit of a 'brand' tho, Eric?

Read 'White Line Fever' or even better 'The Chronicle of Hawkwind'. They show the real Mr. K, in my book! :D

Sadly there's no "well I used a Rickenbacker thru an old distortion peddle I pinched from Jimi, into a Hi-Watt head on one Lesley cab and 5 Marshall stacks", kind of banter. :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

I'd like to see The Sisters bring back, or at least rotate the setlist : on the recent tour they played the exact same set every night for the UK dates (barring the addition of "Still"). The last non-UK gig had some songs they didn't play in the UK... the first gig they played after leaving the UK they brought back "Vision Thing"... Grrr.

Anyway songs I'd like to see them return :
Floorshow
Body Electric (either 1984 version, or the 112bpm version they did in 2001)
Adrenochrome
Gimme Shelter
Body & Soul
Train / Detonation Boulevard
Logic
Marian
Rain From Heaven - should replace Never Land
More
You Could Be The One

I would love to open with Top Nite Out / Snub Nose (or whatever it's called this time around) and Vision Thing as a double whammy
James Blast
Banned

markreed wrote:Rain From Heaven - should replace Never Land
Time to up the medication Mr. Reed :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
robertzombie
Overbomber

I will never understand why Von decided to SLOW DOWN Body Electric :eek: :urff:
Badlander
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:I will never understand why Von decided to SLOW DOWN Body Electric :eek: :urff:
Because he thought he needed something different but couldn't come up with a new song :?: :innocent:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
robertzombie
Overbomber

:lol: :notworthy: :lol: