Know your Sister.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
ChrisE
Road Kill

eotunun wrote:Allrighty, CHris. I just gave your Suzanne version a listen. You didn`t really take a lot of care about the melody, right? :wink:
No :wink: ...that one started out as just me trying to show a friend how the "new SOM song was"... and ended up as this thing with horrible drums and some out-of-tune casio-sounds:)

But, I´m gonna do a finished cover-version of that song with a female singer from my hometown. Can be cool.

At one point I did some "war-lyrics" that was sung in a complete different manner, and added some speeches from WWII. That´s where the name "Bloodsong II" came from, but I really hated the finished result :)

C:E
ChrisE
Road Kill

weebleswobble wrote:ChrisE-your last post, too much mate
You can't just step into a healthy community and trash it.
To much what?!
I try to have a discussion about some recordings and music. I dont trash anything.
So this little girl is quite clearly stating 'shove the whole thing up yer ar*e' :evil:
You do the trash thing.

dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

gee it almost turns out like a drum 'n' bass forum, geeks like that are also political radical polizei if someone does 'touch' the holy

but let's face it, Daisy also says: it sounded bad, worse, worst. I prefer bratwurst. Sorry ChrisE.

And:
a coverversion is the reproduction of exactly the same notes and words of the original.

I doubt that is true. The Cure for instance did something really weird to Purple Haze by Hendrix (don't recognize 1 note, and i thought there wasn't even a guitar in it!), and still it's on a Hendrix tribute / cover album... [/quote]
guns & cars & accidents
delirium23
Road Kill

weebleswobble wrote:ChrisE-your last post, too much mate

You can't just step into a healthy community and trash it.

So this little girl is quite clearly stating 'shove the whole thing up yer ar*e' :evil:
Ah, another well thought out and concise post by one contingent of the Heartland mafia.

As an observer I can safely say that this "healthy community" has been well on the way to being trashed for a while.

New blood ? old blood returning ? who know's whats needed, but a little bit less fukking each other up the arss might help :kiss:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Yes, of course. Nothing is better than to sit back, do nothing and when the time is right, make an account for the sole purpose of flaming a community one isn't part of, claiming to just being an 'observer'. Very brave, methinks. If there isn't anything constructive you can add here besides a holier than thou attitude, why not just stay out of it altogether? It's going down the drain anyway, according to you, so why would you care enough, except to vent your own opinion? And you know what they say about opinions, so why should yours matter to this here 'mafia' now, all of a sudden?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

There's a Heartland mafia now? Why wasn't I told?

Some people just aren't happy until they've peed in the swimming pool.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

If there is a Heartland Maffia, where's the money then?

I prefer to call it Heartland Reich...

but where's the genocide?

Next!
guns & cars & accidents
Rafster
Amphetamine Filth

right...think i'll go and get myself a life now after reading all of this. anyone care to join me? :innocent:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

I have no life, I have a job and an eight hour daytime work hobby to pay the bills. Can I join either you or the HL mafia? :lol:
eotunun
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:If there is a Heartland Maffia, where's the money then?

I prefer to call it Heartland Reich...

but where's the genocide?

Next!
:eek: Mafia?
:eek: :eek: Reich?

:eek: :eek: :eek: Next you´ll say that is not Quiff Boy:
:cry:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

"The Most Dangerous Man Since Jesus Christ" :lol: ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eotunun wrote:Image
Separated at birth
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

well.... both claim to have had sex with more women than any other man alive ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

But one of 'em still had a liver when he died... (I assume) ;D
ChrisE
Road Kill

dinky daisy wrote:let's face it, Daisy also says: it sounded bad, worse, worst. I prefer bratwurst. Sorry ChrisE.
Thanks for your feedback, Daisy. Totally except that you think it stinks, always looking for an honest opinion.

And maybe this thing is the worst piece of crap ever created:wink: . Personally I dont think it´s "Gods gift to the musical lover", either. But I think the idea behind it is ok, and that it might turn out something very nice out of these sketches.

canon docre
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:
a coverversion is the reproduction of exactly the same notes and words of the original.

I doubt that is true. The Cure for instance did something really weird to Purple Haze by Hendrix (don't recognize 1 note, and i thought there wasn't even a guitar in it!), and still it's on a Hendrix tribute / cover album...
You can be certain that the Cure's lawyers asked the copyright holders for permission before. :wink:

I'm very sorry if I came across like some kind of music nazi, I was just pointing out the obvious. Personally I give a flying f**k whether anybody messes up Sisters songs or not.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again

;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Music Nazi sounds fun. Maybe i will be one the other day.
guns & cars & accidents
Dead_Rock
Road Kill

How about a [insert term here] Nazi day for all of us?
I'd def. be the soup nazi from Seinfeld...
James Blast
Banned

I can't see why this has got everyone so hot and bothered.

For what it's worth, thanks ChrisE I enjoyed your 'interpretations'. :D :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:I can't see why this has got everyone so hot and bothered.
Aye James, you're the Heartland voice of reason :eek:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
James Blast
Banned

No, just my POV which is as valid as yours.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

James Blast wrote:I can't see why this has got everyone so hot and bothered.

For what it's worth, thanks ChrisE I enjoyed your 'interpretations'. :D :notworthy:
You? :eek:

James "Nature should not be tampered with" Blast! :eek:

Now I REALLY have to give this a listen! ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Big Si
School Bully

Ok, I do like them.

Soundwise, I love the synths, the drum samples, and especially the distortion :wink:

But musically, i'm sorry Chris it's just far too close to the original composition. :( There's a big difference between "music inspired by and cover version". What I hear is Sister's tracks without Mr :von: 's voice. If you could apply the hard work you've spent on this, onto writing your own compositions, I believe you'll reap the rewards.

Good luck! :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

markfiend wrote:
eotunun wrote:Image
Separated at birth
Cool! They were triplets then! ;D

This is the Belgian one:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...